OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP

Thread: Hello Destructoid

Hello Destructoid

My name is Brandon. I'm a longtime reader of Destructoid, and I felt like now was as good a time as ever to join the community. I'm 26 years old, and I work a pretty mundane job. When I'm not doing that, I write, usually about video games.

My primary platforms of choice these days are my PC and 3DS. I have access to all of the major systems, though outside of those two, my SNES still gets the most love. I never really got into a lot of Western-developed games, and my heart still lies with Japan. I still love shmups and JRPGs. Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Super Metroid are still my favorite video games of all time.

Outside of gaming, I'm a huge music nerd. I got into punk rock in high school, and since then ended up on this long journey of musical discovery. I play guitar, mostly just for myself. I don't exactly have the free time to start a band, otherwise something like My Bloody Valentine or Explosions in the Sky would be right up my alley.

It's rare that I really dig into forums, but the Destructoid community always felt so close knit compared to a lot of the others, so I'm hoping I can find a comfy place to hang out here.

As wichita falls, so falls wichita falls.
    (quote from one of my favorite movies)

Welcome to the forums.

Based on an album title it seems.

Welcome Brandon! What sort of things have you written about?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDickerson View Post
    It's rare that I really dig into forums, but the Destructoid community always felt so close knit compared to a lot of the others, so I'm hoping I can find a comfy place to hang out here.
    I don't know about "comfy", but it's definitely a place to hang out.

Welcome!

Did you ever like Super Mario RPG? That was my number one favorite SNES game of all time.

Oh god, I leave this thread alone and comments show up!

As for some of the stuff I've written about, I have a tendency to write about weird, existential crises I have while playing certain games. I have a blog that I maintain far too infrequently at http://minusworlds.wordpress.com

I wrote a couple thousand words about my experience with Dark Souls thus far a couple days ago. I'm going to crosspost some of the better entries to the community blogs here to give them a little better exposure.

Super Mario RPG is one of my favorites. I haven't played it in a long time, but it is a game I have fond memories of. I just started Radiant Historia last night, so I'm pretty excited to dig into that a bit further. I've gotta make as much headway in that as I can before Persona 4 Golden comes out next week.

That image is horrifying, btw. Now I feel right at home.

Awesome man.

Yea I can't wait for Persona 4 Golden to come out too. I spent way way too much time playing the PS2 Version and I can't wait to do it all over again.