Thread: RELOCK - Kickstarter needs support ASAP! Free demo out!

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

dtoiddisco RELOCK - Kickstarter needs support ASAP! Free demo out!

+ Multiplayer
    + FPS
    + Can almost guarantee you have never had a multiplayer experience like it.

In a nutshell:
    the game is about manipulating a firearm in the most realistic way as possible in a multiplayer environment with some really crazy customisation.

Link: http://kck.st/TYULtQ

Relock throws you straight into the deep end. There is documentation available for beginners but using the firearm is completely up to you - No hand holding.

Weapon manipulation is done by using the keyboard to its full extent; pressing 'R' does not reload by itself anymore. In the demo you need to hold down 'R' and tap 'E' to eject the magazine; once the magazine is out you can release the 'R' key.
    Then tap 'T' to re-insert the magazine. Finally tap 'Q' to release the slide forward if it is locked back.

Relock also features a workbench for player weapon customisation, right down to the nuts and springs - nothing is set in stone when it comes to customisation.

This sounds very complicated but after 10-15 mins of gameplay you get the hang of it. Weapon manipulation isn't limited to reloading; the demo has some features taken out.

You can probably guess that multiplayer will be very interesting with these controls. In closed testing we have had some amazing games.

It is inspired by Magicka, Skate, Arma, CSS, Reciever and No More Room In Hell. Relock isn't meant to physically represent any games it was inspired by. Similarities are because the main game mechanic might be similar and that it is missing key art (character, hands, textures etc.) please do not let this distract from what the game is trying to become.

Next week a closed multiplayer test build of the game is going up for all who pledge, this demo features hands and character models.

It's in Alpha so the demo has many bugs.

Here is a screenshot from the latest update ( Note: this is not the final version ):

A large version of this image is on the Kickstarter

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Booleanz View Post
    Link: http://kck

Relock throws you straight into the deep end. There is documentation available for beginners but using the firearm is completely up to you - No hand holding.

Weapon manipulation is done by using the keyboard to its full extent; pressing 'R' does not reload by itself anymore. In the demo you need to hold down 'R' and tap 'E' to eject the magazine; once the magazine is out you can release the 'R' key.
    Then tap 'T' to re-insert the magazine. Finally tap 'Q' to release the slide forward if it is locked back.
    This sounds aweful and clumsy, pressing R and E at the same would require your index and middle finger off the WASD meaning no movement whilst reloading, nice realism guys.

Well I know I can't use my hands while walking, what are you? Some kind of genius!?

Stop being assholes about stupid shit, you two. Keyboard controls are garbage regardless. You should be assholes about him just coming here to shill his game.

Stupids.

You know I wanted to when I first saw it but then I do it too much anyway.

One day you'll break that hand in, princess. One day.

My hands are so cumbersome.

It'll hurt at first, but then you will feel mighty.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Forgive me ZP for i have sinned.

We've all sinned, Noob. Jeez.

So this isn't a game about locking things?

Urgh

No it is about unlocking things then being all like "this is bad shit" and relocking them.