Thread: A Wild VGMari appears!

FRESH PRINCESS

A Wild VGMari appears!

Sup, guys? I'm Mari, I loves the vidya. I'm an avid video game collector with too many consoles to list here. I'm currently playing Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 and DCUO. I really should finish Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations, though.

I'm a semi-long time member of Dtoid and the forums. I just tend to get lost in the vidya and forget there's such a thing as "forums" sometimes. Every once in a while I peek my head in here and chill in between long, obsessive bouts of gaming where I pull some straight up hardcore Korean shit where I don't eat or drink for days. I do prefer the forums over the C-blogs (not that there's anything wrong with them). I used to run a video game convention called Infinite Bits in Miami and I'm currently running a gamer meet-up/event group called C2G3 (Charisma+2 Gamer Geek Guild) which is based off the gamer modeling agency I'm a part of (Charisma+2). We hold weekly in game meet-ups and if you're interested, don't forget to hit a sister up so we can game together. And I stream these meet-ups on Twitch TV, too, so no one will be left out if you don't have whatever game we're playing but still wanna hang out. I'm all about meeting people, gaming, shooting the shit and making friends. Hence why I run conventions and meet-up groups. I'll be at PAX East, PAX Prime and probably E3 and the upcoming PAX in Texas. I hope to see you all there.

Feel free to contact me if you wanna hang out, play some vidya and generally relax like a boss.

Stay frosty, my friends.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Nice intro, although I feel your lack of typing out your console collection is a bit of a cop-out.

Torchlight 2 is muy bueno! I'm PappaDukes on Steam.

Welcome.

Welcome back! How's the weather?

FRESH PRINCESS
    Cop out?

Or too lazy to dive into the underworld that is my closet?

You decide.

Here's a pic of some of it to lessen the "cop out" factor.

Tarvu:

The weather's okay. Getting too cold for me now that it's hitting November, though. I prefer the sweltering heat that is 90 degree weather.

Wow. I love the Dreamcast centerpiece.

Welcome!

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    It's quite simple to implement a SQL Server back-end with a .Net (preferably written in C# for ease of integration) GUI that you could use to input your console collection. Geez, it's not rocket science!

But your collection looks snazzy.

FRESH PRINCESS
    Thanks, Tarvu! It's the crown jewel of my collection.

A close second is my Bandai/Apple Pippin. The white Japanese version. I have it in box, with all the manuals in near mint condition.

Pappa: If you give me a few days, I'd be glad to actually have a list up for you if you're *really* interested. I have to catalogue my collection for an upcoming event I'm running, anyway.

Oh damn and the power glove.

FRESH PRINCESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Oh damn and the power glove.

It's so bad...

Welcome back, lady.

Admin / Midget King
    Good to see you again!

Did we meet at Pax East or have a near miss? Have we had this conversation before? Am I thinking of someone else entirely?

Either way, welcome back to the Forums.

Frodo Bangins
    What bloodspray said. Maybe we just chatted before east. Anyway, Welcome back to the forums.