Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Hitman: Absolution

[Level 5: Mech]
    yeah and in the old ones you can dress up as a ship's captain and not get any weird looks. How is this any different? His argument is that it changed disguises too much and you basically just said they are how they always have been.

Thus my point:

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun
    They took the silly videogame rules from older Hitman games and replaced them with newer and equally silly videogame rules.
    The new system is not inherently better than the old one, and vice versa. They both have their problems, and they both play fast and loose with reality.

okay, just seeing where you were going with it. It read a little different in my head. I will admit that no Hitman game has been perfect, anywhere near that, but they have all been fun at least and this one hasn't changed that. Of course, in my opinion.

I had a lot of fun with this one, and I think that it's the best one to date. I prefer the older disguise system because it lets me explore each sandbox to my heart's desire without having to fret over a street vendor giving me shit, but this game does have a lot of neat levels towards the end of it, and it gives you a lot of creativity to go about your business. The controls aren't so awkward either.

Yeah, the big thing for me was how well it handled. I do agree with the sandbox though.

What was the name of that "hitman" game that was going to be way early in the 360s cycle that was open-world in like Tokyo or something?

[Level 12: CHET]
    I was expecting a bit more from the badass nun brigade-I didnt't think I'd be into this game but I could see myself replaying to do better at challenges.
    Last edited by GlowBear; 01-03-2013 at 09:03 AM.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    What was the name of that "hitman" game that was going to be way early in the 360s cycle that was open-world in like Tokyo or something?
    Frame City Killer?

Pwnd
    Not getting back into a disguise debate but found this clip. Watch, you'll see why it made me think of Hitman.

It's awesome how this shows the power of cognitive bias. He's the most recognizable man in the world, yet he can walk up on somebody like that and they'll never expect it. Seriously, what would you do? Most people would be like man, that guy looks kinda like Tom Cruise, and then not think anything else of it.

I've had this happen a few times, like when I bumped into John Hurt in the local mall. He was decked out in this ridiculously distracting Hawaiian ensemble with the flowery shirt and shorts. Nobody else noticed him. He must have seen my eyes light up as we passed one another in the hallway because he shot me this look like, "NOPE I'M NOT FAMOUS TODAY". I just nodded and walked on. Wanted to say something but why be rude?

edit, missed a question from last page

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
    You don't have to kill him, do you? I don't have the patience to play through the tutorial levels (I wish the game would ask you the second time around if you wanted the tutorial messages on or not, I would love to play that level from start to end with the score system)
    I don't think so, not sure though. I haven't let him live because he's one of the first available targets and the set-up is too amusing to turn down.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 01-06-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Scotland's Response to Deadpool
    You can let him live and he just walks off and starts smoking, distracts the other guy too.

I defy anybody to not enjoy ditching the stealth for the epilogue mission. Sure it's always fun to go all stealthy, but walking through the level, silencers off, silverballers blazing, playing Bond music.

I am having SO MUCH FUN.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMccallum View Post
    You can let him live and he just walks off and starts smoking, distracts the other guy too.

I defy anybody to not enjoy ditching the stealth for the epilogue mission. Sure it's always fun to go all stealthy, but walking through the level, silencers off, silverballers blazing, playing Bond music.

I am having SO MUCH FUN.
    Play maxpayne than, why bother to play this game ???

Scotland's Response to Deadpool
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerdonkey View Post
    Play maxpayne than, why bother to play this game ???
    1. I did not say that I did not enjoy the stealth, just that simply letting go and going balls-out crazy is fantastically fun. This is why games are played.

2. Flesh out your intro.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMccallum View Post
    ...just that simply letting go and going balls-out crazy is fantastically fun. This is why games are played.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. gg JJ