Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hitman: Absolution

Maybe the best clueless gamer yet.

Still responds to BLOO

Pwnd
    HAHAHAHA! Oh man. The last panel shouldn't have surprised me but it did.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Oh wow. That up skirt.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    So awesome

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Like Dishonored, I started out doing an all stealth/no-kill run and halfway through said "fuck it" and have been blasting my way through the last few levels.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Who ever play the previous sequel of this game should definitely say this game suck. Its look gorgeous and its combat system and shooting style is smooth but it's not about how it look, its more like how do feel when you play the game. I play each and every game of this series. There was flow. Flow in story and need to develop a strategy rather than shoot them up. On previous version of the game you have to make a plan and play according to it to accomplish your objective with minimal non target casualty. But in absolution you can't even think about to accomplish a single mission without non target casualty. Because the enemy AI is so damn good (or 47 is too much familiar after his movie) they can recognize you from a mile away. So wearing disguise is no good for this game but it was the key feature of this game series success. This game will be a massive hit if it is not in the Hitman series. That not only ruin the series but also ruin the game it self.

[Level 2: Human] LiquidSolstice's Avatar
    Okay, I can't seem to recall if it was this game, but I vaguely remember that at the shooting range, if you screw up a bunch of shots in a row, one of the onlookers actually says something along the lines of "Your parents hate you and probably wish they had aborted you". Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Just finished the prologue level and oh my god I love this game. One of the new stealth moves is sublime. It allows you to temporarily cover your face by tipping your hat or scratching the back of your head. I also had a great big ol' schadenfreude lol at that one guy in the window.

Spoiler!
    You don't have to kill him, do you? I don't have the patience to play through the tutorial levels (I wish the game would ask you the second time around if you wanted the tutorial messages on or not, I would love to play that level from start to end with the score system)

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerdonkey View Post
    Who ever play the previous sequel of this game should definitely say this game suck. Its look gorgeous and its combat system and shooting style is smooth but it's not about how it look, its more like how do feel when you play the game. I play each and every game of this series. There was flow. Flow in story and need to develop a strategy rather than shoot them up. On previous version of the game you have to make a plan and play according to it to accomplish your objective with minimal non target casualty. But in absolution you can't even think about to accomplish a single mission without non target casualty. Because the enemy AI is so damn good (or 47 is too much familiar after his movie) they can recognize you from a mile away. So wearing disguise is no good for this game but it was the key feature of this game series success. This game will be a massive hit if it is not in the Hitman series. That not only ruin the series but also ruin the game it self.
    I agree that the disguise system is a little broken. But working around its flaws and trying to play each level without hurting anyone except targets is what made this game fun and challenging for me. I actually found as much need to think about my actions here as I did in every other Hitman title. Ultimately, yes you can quietly take out whoever causes you problems and stash the bodies, but if you're looking for a rewarding experience, one that is in keeping with the rest of the series, it's better to try and keep your weapons holstered until you reach a target.

I don't know how the hell you're playing, but I've played the whole thing on Expert without killing a single civilian/non-target and without even firing my gun. It is entirely possible but takes an extreme amount of patience, something that a real hitman would absolutely have. You do have to plan, you do have to retry, but that's how every Hitman has worked.

No offense, but if you suck at Hitman enough that you have to resort to killing everyone, maybe you ought to consider the possibility that it's you who's the problem, rather than cowardly blaming it on the game. The problem with Hitman is that in a day and age where it's shoot-first-figure-shit-out-later, people are unable to comprehend the fact that they might be doing a lot more puzzle solving and thinking than fast-paced action.

I have played every single Hitman game made, and have enjoyed all of them, and this Hitman is no exception whatsoever. It is beautifully designed, has tons of reply value due to the ridiculous number of ways you can achieve your objective, and has a much more immersive stealth aspect than the others. Yes, the enemy AI detection could do with tweaking, but they're already looking in to it and in my opinion, it really doesn't detract from the game.

Series fans are hard to please; you give them more of the same, they'll bitch about there being no innovation. You give them something somewhat different, they'll bitch about how it's "wrecked the series".

You seem, beneath your veneer of nearly incomprehensible sentences, to be yet another of the group of critics for this game that have decided that because it cannot be played exactly like Blood Money, Contracts, or Silent Assassin, it must be broken. In case you hadn't noticed. Every single one of those games had pretty major flaws of their own (which are almost all absent from this title). I don't disagree that their implementation of the disguise system could use some work (I find the street vendor disguise particularly annoying), but it's easily avoided by using some traditional stealth (something that series veterans generally seem horrified by) and relying on the disguises only sparingly instead of expecting every one to be a free pass around large pieces of mission areas. It is entirely possible to go through the game without non-target casualties (with the possible exception of one rather ill-advised scripted shooting sequence) and blaming your inability to do so on it somehow being a poor Hitman game or a lack of the mechanics necessary to create an execute a well-formed plan is pretty sad.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Am I missing the reason why every part is titled "Part 1".

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Am I missing the reason why every part is titled "Part 1".

Because you haven't hit the other parts yet? You're still inside Part 1 (which has quite a few chapters) There's several more parts, it's a fairly long game.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Oh we'll I suppose having different titles within part one would suggest that but it just wasn't that clear ttime from the way it was done in this. Or more likely I am dummmbbb!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
    I don't know how the hell you're playing, but I've played the whole thing on Expert without killing a single civilian/non-target and without even firing my gun. It is entirely possible but takes an extreme amount of patience, something that a real hitman would absolutely have. You do have to plan, you do have to retry, but that's how every Hitman has worked.

No offense, but if you suck at Hitman enough that you have to resort to killing everyone, maybe you ought to consider the possibility that it's you who's the problem, rather than cowardly blaming it on the game. The problem with Hitman is that in a day and age where it's shoot-first-figure-shit-out-later, people are unable to comprehend the fact that they might be doing a lot more puzzle solving and thinking than fast-paced action.

I have played every single Hitman game made, and have enjoyed all of them, and this Hitman is no exception whatsoever. It is beautifully designed, has tons of reply value due to the ridiculous number of ways you can achieve your objective, and has a much more immersive stealth aspect than the others. Yes, the enemy AI detection could do with tweaking, but they're already looking in to it and in my opinion, it really doesn't detract from the game.

Series fans are hard to please; you give them more of the same, they'll bitch about there being no innovation. You give them something somewhat different, they'll bitch about how it's "wrecked the series".
    Okay, first of all I am sorry for my bad English (I am a Bangladeshi. ) Now you seems to be a hardcore Hitman fan. So I think you will understand this. Its really not bothering me that this game is not like the other game of this series. I actually like the new polish look of this game and also like 47's new take down move and frequent slow-motion and many other think like taking hostage and x-ray vision. But the thing is bothering me is they change the soul of this game. Which actually distinguish this game from any other stealth game that exist. I am talking about the disguise mechanics of this game. New disguise mechanics totally change the game. Even you under a ski-mask ( actually he just were the goggles and not even try to hide his face and I don't know why. ) your fellow enemy will easily recognize you from a mile away. All you have to do is hide behind a wall. So there is no point for wearing a disguise. But on previous game of this series disguise give you access to restricted area. Which was fun because under disguise you can easily explore enemy territory and make out a good plan to achieve your goal. So I think you can now understand why I am arguing about this game. Innovation is a good but you can't re-innovate which is already exist. I mean if you play Assassins Creed and Max Payne 3 I think you can easily understand where from this new innovative shooting dynamics and x-ray vision thing come out.

Okay, first of all I am sorry for my bad English (I am a Bangladeshi. ) Now you seems to be a hardcore Hitman fan. So I think you will understand this. Its really not bothering me that this game is not like the other game of this series. I actually like the new polish look of this game and also like 47's new take down move and frequent slow-motion and many other think like taking hostage and x-ray vision. But the thing is bothering me is they change the soul of this game. Which actually distinguish this game from any other stealth game that exist. I am talking about the disguise mechanics of this game. New disguise mechanics totally change the game. Even you under a ski-mask ( actually he just were the goggles and not even try to hide his face and I don't know why. ) your fellow enemy will easily recognize you from a mile away. All you have to do is hide behind a wall. So there is no point for wearing a disguise. But on previous game of this series disguise give you access to restricted area. Which was fun because under disguise you can easily explore enemy territory and make out a good plan to achieve your goal. So I think you can now understand why I am arguing about this game. Innovation is a good but you can't re-innovate which is already exist. I mean if you play Assassins Creed and Max Payne 3 I think you can easily understand where from this new innovative shooting dynamics and x-ray vision thing come out.

So, now you've backpedaled from saying this game ruins the series, to instead bitching about the disguise thing. I'm glad you've figured out that the whole game is not terrible and it is not impossible to beat without killing any civilians (which you most certainly were before).

The disguise things is a difficult balance to strike. They should retool some of the detection rates yes, but making any disguise completely perfect also breaks a huge component of the game; stealth. What is the point if in the church you can just walk by everyone without getting detected, gather all the charges, and finish the game in less than a minute? You would be bitching and whining about how the game is too easy, and you damn well know it.

Excepting certain instances (the street vendors of Chinatown, the masked Baxter thugs, and maybe the cops in the library), I find it perfectly plausible that those who wear the same disguise as you might recognize that you're not one of them. We want AI to move forward, not backwards. In real life, putting on a cop's uniform and walking by a bunch of other cops in the same office building who have never seen you before will at least attract questions, if not outright suspicion.

Whatever, I still hate this game, Its more like a mixture of maxpayne 3 and splinter cell for me. Not the old hitman game I liked.
    Last edited by dreamerdonkey; 01-03-2013 at 12:34 AM.

[Level 5: Mech]
    If you like the old Hitman games then play the old Hitman games? I've really not found anything out of the ordinary about the game in terms of the Hitman series. It still feels like a Hitman game and there are still ridiculous ways to kill your targets and just your targets. The only thing they added, in my eyes at least, is making everything else more viable. The fact that you think the viability of all these other methods besides disguises.

Pro-Tip: Putting on a cop uniform does not make you a cop. The AI is going to be suspicious of you if you aren't careful. This is called reality.

"Reality" is a little generous. Why is it then when you dress up as the town's only barber that everybody knows by name, you can walk through the entire level undetected? It's not like it's hard to keep track of all the barbers in town--there's only one. Equally perplexing is when guards openly talk about being on the lookout for a bald guy that likes to dress up in disguises, yet they never bother to raise an eyebrow when I walk past them with my bald head in a disguise (my goofy ass band-aid that barely covers my bar-code must have thrown them off). They took the silly videogame rules from older Hitman games and replaced them with newer and equally silly videogame rules. The game's a lot of fun, but there's little logic to this disguise system when you start to give it a closer look. Even the cop thing is iffy at best: The Chicago Police Department employs over 12,000+ sworn officers, and I find it hard to believe that they all can recognize each other in a densely packed crowd.

The Bangladeshi dude has a point: The first half of this game plays like a Splinter Cell game. There are a lot of missions early on that only require you to sneak from point A to point B without ever executing a hit. Thankfully, the second half of the game drops that bullshit and goes back to being Hitman. The new disguise system isn't terrible in theory, but it needs a lot of work.