Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitman: Absolution

Pwnd

Hitman: Absolution

How is it that we didn't have a thread for this until just now.

...and here are the Contract codes we have so far;

(360)
    The one with Lynch as a target, as in Kane and Lynch - 5-0810-691219-CAPT
    The one I made with the samurai gimmick - 5-2220-682459-LING
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 11-24-2012 at 07:01 AM.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I've always loved Hitman's use of Sarah Brightman's Ave Maria.

Pwnd
    Who doesn't? The short film is magnificent as well. I had to watch it twice to notice the important bits.

Probably still gonna buy this even though I just splurged on the AC3 CE. It's worth it, being Hitman and all. Surprised it took them so long to follow up after Blood Money.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    It's because they made Kane & Lynch 1&2 instead.

Pwnd
    You know, they actually mention Kane and Lynch in Blood Money. The flavor text in one of the post-mission newspapers describes them going on a crime spree or something of that nature. Always thought that was a nice touch. The games themselves weren't so bad either. I think the negative press worked against them more than anything else.

Yep, I knew that. Agent 47 also makes an appearance on the bank job poster (the one where Kane is about to nut Lynch for the bloodbath he just caused). He's on a poster in the background.

This game looks $ick.

Blood Money was fantastic. I've only played the original, HM2, and HM:BM, but I really felt that each had improved upon the previous. There was a lot of jabber about this game losing focus and going action, but that's a load of bologna. The worlds in this game seems at least as complex as BM and very possibly more, which is perfect for a plethora of stealth options. Also, the series has never exclusively shunned shooting. The opera house level is famous for having a super fast (I wanna say sub-minute) strategy where you can go in with double ballers and essentially shoot a specific set of people and get out, and never stop longer than it takes to unload a clip into the distance.

This game looks great. I was hesitant about the xray mode, but it will definitely cut down on any unintended, accidental spottings from camera control limitations.

Contracts was a remake of Codename: Agent 47 and a lead-in to Blood Money (one of its missions is set halfway through BM). It's alright, but its short, so you're not missing much. I don't think anybody could play the first one, these days. It's one of those "of its time" games that has been refined so much, it's hard to play with such a huge handicap.

As for Absolution, I'm excited, but I'm probably going to pick it up on the cheap like I did with every title in the series. I got the whole lot for 10 on eBay.

I've never played a Hitman game on console. If it's as good of a translation as Max Payne 3 was, then it'll be an equal experience.

I'd say console was a hell of a lot smoother than PC. A lot of 47's stalking ties in with analogue control, so I always preferred playing it with a pad than stop-start mouse and keys.

Interesting. We need a keyboard with analog keystrokes. Steam needs to get that mouse/keyboard equivalent gamepad finalized, and make sure it has the free aiming capabilities of a mouse (not the stick-centric style from controllers), and the thumb + finger capabilities of gamepad face buttons and keys.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    There was a lot of jabber about this game losing focus and going action, but that's a load of bologna. The worlds in this game seems at least as complex as BM and very possibly more, which is perfect for a plethora of stealth options. Also, the series has never exclusively shunned shooting. The opera house level is famous for having a super fast (I wanna say sub-minute) strategy where you can go in with double ballers and essentially shoot a specific set of people and get out, and never stop longer than it takes to unload a clip into the distance.

This game looks great. I was hesitant about the xray mode, but it will definitely cut down on any unintended, accidental spottings from camera control limitations.
    I'm glad you mentioned this because it's my only real concern. I'd hate to see it designed in a way which encourages mindless action over a more methodical approach. In the Opera House level, my favorite thing to do was to load the gun backstage and then simply watch things play out. It would really be kind of pointless to make yet another game where we just run around shooting people, or just sneaking up and choking them.

The X-ray mode, eh, it seems kind of derivative but then again it's such a good mechanic. I just hope it makes sense in the story. Like is he seeing their thermal images on his cell phone, does he wear special glasses, how does it work? Stuff like this is important to me.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I preordered, mainly for the sniper challenge, but I'm kind of antsy about how it holds up next to Blood Money.

I'm pretty sure you can turn the x-ray vision off for hardcore/purist modes, so whatever happens, old-school Hitman is in there. I'm convinced they said something about it in either the stealth walkthrough (the greaser town level) or the more recent online contracts video.

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    I'm really hopeful for this one. Hitman is a really cool game, but I've always felt it was held back by some questionable controls and a certain feeling of linearity. It presents you with so many potential options, but so many of them end up being "wrong" and I so often felt held back by the interface (using fiber wire was was pretty finicky) that it felt restrictive to me. It had really cool, open levels, but if you wanted to get around without being detected (and moreso without killed chumps), you had some extremely limited options. As a result, most levels just ended up being tons of gradually more annoying trial and error until finally you figure it out and solve it an incredibly satisfying way. It looks like Absolution may be a bit more forgiving in that sense and maybe it will give you slightly clearer options. I also like that they refined the actual "stealth" elements a bit, because in Blood Money actually sneaking without a disguise was pretty awful.

I am fully erect for this game.

1.6 mill my first try with all the challenges completed. Not too shabby (I think)

I think my highest is 1.7 million in sniper challenge. I have no idea how people have 6 million+. The top guy on pc has 12 million and I think it's safe to assume he's a dirty fucking cheater.