Thread: Ragnarok Odyssey

Pow! Right in the kisser!

Ragnarok Odyssey

You know the drill. If you want to discuss this amazing game amongst others, then this is the place to do it.

If you own a Vita, this is a must buy. No joke.

Cleric please

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Are you sure? Why did IGN gave this game a low score?

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stansberry View Post
    Are you sure? Why did IGN gave this game a low score?
    Did you read the IGN review? It was bashed for being "repetitive", and a grind-fest. Like Monster Hunter. So, if you like grinding, and having to repeat quests to farm items, then definitely don't buy this game.

And yes, I am sure of how I feel about the game. Been playing it for a couple days now, and I am very pleased with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sachina View Post
    Cleric please
    Haven't played the cleric yet. I've made an assassin and just recently started a mage. I'm loving the mage. His combos are fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    Did you read the IGN review? It was bashed for being "repetitive", and a grind-fest. Like Monster Hunter. So, if you like grinding, and having to repeat quests to farm items, then definitely don't buy this game.

And yes, I am sure of how I feel about the game. Been playing it for a couple days now, and I am very pleased with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't played the cleric yet. I've made an assassin and just recently started a mage. I'm loving the mage. His combos are fucking insane.
    Yeah IGN reviews are not reasonable. Seems like the reviewer of the game doesn't know the essence of RPG.

I choose cleric coz I've been playing Ragnarok with priest.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachina View Post
    Yeah IGN reviews are not reasonable. Seems like the reviewer of the game doesn't know the essence of RPG.

I choose cleric coz I've been playing Ragnarok with priest.
    Tell me about it. When I saw an IGN reviewer's Code of Princess review, I fucking laughed. He gave it a 6.9 for repetitive combat, which almost all beat em' up games have, and "Senseless Near-Nudity". Wtf? If he dislikes that type of stuff then IGN shouldn't let that person EVER review those type of games....Especially if the "senseless near-nudity" is right on the box art (ESPECIALLY if it's on the front cover), so that should've gave him a firm answer on whether he should've reviewed the game or not.

.....Digressing from my short little rant there, I absolutely love this game. Let it be known that I never played Monster Hunter before, but if this game is pretty similar to Monster Hunter than it's getting my interest on that series as well. I picked the Mage, and from what I kept reading, he is the hardest class to fully utilize. I'm not surprised because like many magic users in video games, this class has very low health and defense. Despite that, the class is extremely fun, powerful, and hectic, just as I predicted, and I'm sticking to it. I'm having a very good time with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar20XX View Post
    Tell me about it. When I saw an IGN reviewer's Code of Princess review, I fucking laughed. He gave it a 6.9 for repetitive combat, which almost all beat em' up games have, and "Senseless Near-Nudity". Wtf? If he dislikes that type of stuff then IGN shouldn't let that person EVER review those type of games....Especially if the "senseless near-nudity" is right on the box art (ESPECIALLY if it's on the front cover), so that should've gave him a firm answer on whether he should've reviewed the game or not.

.....Digressing from my short little rant there, I absolutely love this game. Let it be known that I never played Monster Hunter before, but if this game is pretty similar to Monster Hunter than it's getting my interest on that series as well. I picked the Mage, and from what I kept reading, he is the hardest class to fully utilize. I'm not surprised because like many magic users in video games, this class has very low health and defense. Despite that, the class is extremely fun, powerful, and hectic, just as I predicted, and I'm sticking to it. I'm having a very good time with this game.
    Review like him sure making their publisher's reputation down.