Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: last game purchased. is the money really worth it?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Anarchy Reigns is worth more than its super cheap price.

Regarding game length and repeatability, I wish any game that was arguably short featured a random element to keep things perpetually fresh. World and hazard generators are are of my favorites, and item dropping is pretty ubiquitous - all of which are combined in FTL to make it the best Oregon Trail in Space and my favorite rougelike. If not randomized levels, then maybe branching paths?

I'm a gameplay person, meaning the story, setting, characters, whatever take a back seat to the intrinsic enjoyment found from what happens when you move the control stick and press buttons. The other stuff can be awesome and support and motivate you, but I'm generally not interested in the others if the gameplay isn't there. When things are randomized, I feel like the game had essentially reached infinite replayability.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Got Far Cry 3 on sale for 49.99, after trading in my Wii and some games I no longer play. Worth every Wii I spent.

Skyrim... yeah. Didn't care for it and don't really see why it's so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaldo View Post
    Skyrim... yeah. Didn't care for it and don't really see why it's so popular.
    Really. You don't see why it's popular. At all.

Please, do tell.

Just one of those opinions that just plain wrong Dukes. Nothin' to get worked up about.

Last game I bought was Binary Domain, got it for $19.99, used an instant gift card from some coffee I was buying too and got it for 14.99. I would have paid $60. Best shooter this gen, easy.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Just one of those opinions that just plain wrong Dukes. Nothin' to get worked up about.

Last game I bought was Binary Domain, got it for $19.99, used an instant gift card from some coffee I was buying too and got it for 14.99. I would have paid $60. Best shooter this gen, easy.
    I just bought it the second time. This time on pc though. Paid $40 the first, $5 this time. Such a great fucking game. Darkness II also, grabbed that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    HA!

Ni No Kuni. I would have paid updwards of $100 USD for this gem.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    ya. "temple runner" is good game. i punches it. cool game.

Admin / Midget King
    This should be interesting...

THE MR.E BIRD
    I bet we never see it again now.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Unreal Tournament III for $3,

Free DLC (and mod support) plus the super hard bots make up for the fact that the online is pretty much dead.

Verdict: Worth it.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Last thing I bought was Dragonborn for Skyrim and I loved it. Of the handful of things I got on Steam in the Winter sale I have only launched Civ IV and that didn't last long because it needed Gamespy and Sven and I couldn't be arsed working out how to establish a game. Things we lame back in those days.

I've never played Civ IV multi. Too busy playing a 26 hour long match with bots that shows the rise to power for the true red nation.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Just bought Omerta off GOG. Had $20 credit, so only paid $20 for it. I see a lot of bitching that its not Crusader Kings style deep, but I find it a nice, light (still deep), fun little strategy game. I'm also just a sucker for anything gangster era. Not sure I could recommend it to anyone but strategy/gangster lovers, without a lot of time though. Especially for the $40 price tag. I'd say $20 was worth it, for $10 I could recommend it to most though.

- - - Updated - - -

@Gorilla: There is a small group of us dtoiders that still play on ps3. Pm me if interested.
    Last edited by PhilKenSebben; 02-03-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: UT3

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    I've never played Civ IV multi. Too busy playing a 26 hour long match with bots that shows the rise to power for the true red nation.
    Yeah at some point I'll give it a proper shot solo, just a shame the multiplayer is a pain to set up when we were hoping it would be a good substitute for Civ V because that gets unstable as games progress.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Just bought Omerta off GOG. Had $20 credit, so only paid $20 for it. I see a lot of bitching that its not Crusader Kings style deep, but I find it a nice, light (still deep), fun little strategy game. I'm also just a sucker for anything gangster era. Not sure I could recommend it to anyone but strategy/gangster lovers, without a lot of time though. Especially for the $40 price tag. I'd say $20 was worth it, for $10 I could recommend it to most though.

- - - Updated - - -

@Gorilla: There is a small group of us dtoiders that still play on ps3. Pm me if interested.
    I've seen everybody talking about this game and I might have to pick it up. Gangster strategy sounds incredible!

Super Hexagon for 99 cents on Android - definitely worth it, competing for high score with friends is awesome. It's a fun and addictive game with an awesome soundtrack http://chipzelmusic.bandcamp.com/

Hitman HD Collection - personally think its worth it purely for what it says on the back of the box

"Three Classic Hitman Games In GLORIOUS HD"

The exact phrase I have used to mock that kinda stuff now being used to advertise it...LOVE IT

[Level 3: Humanoid] The-TrickyAcid's Avatar
    My last game purchase was Dead Space 3, if you have a friend to play online co-op with. I'd say it's a worthy purchase. The co-op campaign unlocks extra co-op only missions along side with extra dialogue and scenes it just makes it a more of a richer experience which you don't see in that many co-op games.

Usually it's a second player thrown in and you follow the same path without the story branching out to new areas, it's nice to see the game actually takes into consideration for the second player as well, with their own set of missions to be integrated with the main story/optional missions.

Oh and I think I might just have to grab Ni No Kuni. I've watched footage online and I wanted to throw money at the screen. I'll have to try it out at some point for sure.

Big Box copy of Turok for the PC, found it for 5 euro the other day :P