Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: last game purchased. is the money really worth it?

I picked up Mario 3D Land. If you really like Mario, it is worth it, but I 100%'d it in just a week. It is short, like most Mario games. I would say it was worth it to me. I had fun with it.

I nabbed Theatrhythm for $20 during Cyber Monday. It's been fun so far, but I'm already annoyed at how all the DLC costs way more than the game itself.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Rock of Ages which is totally worth the 2€ i paid

my friend just purchased COD he told me it's such a waste and rather get Dokuro or Ragnarok Odyssey instead.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Did he get COD on the vita?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    Did he get COD on the vita?
    bundle

[Level 5: Mech]
    Sine Mora for $3.xx during the current Steam sale. Beautiful game, but some really questionable level design choices (e.g. getting hit by trains). SHMUPs feel more at home on a portable these days, and the 2.35:1 ratio is ridiculous.

Resident Evil 6 on the Playstation 3, it was a HUGE letdown... My favorite ones are still Resident Evil 1, 2 and 4.

Last game I purchased was the Counter Strike Collection with CS 1.6, CS: Source, CS: Condition Zero and CS:GO all for $10. So yes, I believe they were all worth it, even though CS:GO is the only one ive installed so far

have you consider getting PSN plus?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Hotline Miami, 8 bucks, FUCK YES it was worth it.
    Also Spec Ops: The Line, got it for 5 bucks on Steam, I've just started it and can already see its limitations but for that price it's well worth a look.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Last thing I picked up was Paper Mario: Sticker Star for the 3DS and I think it's the bee's knees. The Myst port for the 3DS before that was the biggest pile of shit I've ever bought though. They didn't do a damn thing to it, not even touch screen controls! It's unplayable because you have to aim the stick instead of clicking a direction *grumble grumble*

De Blob 2, Test Drive Unlimited, and The Club for 13, 7, and 7 dollars respectively. All in good used condition (I am pretty picky about that sort of thing). All are at minimum enjoyable games and certainly worth those reasonable prices.

[Level 4: Cyborg] IsolateMutate's Avatar
    THAT ONE PLACE IN SCANDINAVIA NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT
    It's funny how we seem to base the quality / value of a game based on its length nowadays. Maybe it's the crappy economy or people's standards rising, but I just kinda feel like that as long as a game is able to give me a memorable experience, I don't care all that much about the length or the price (there's probably a fuckload of accidental innuendo in there but ajhgjrjsdkf).

I haven't bought a game in a while because loljobs, but I did receive Dishonored for christmas and I feel like it's the kind of game where you get to decide the length of it on your own - you get to decide whether it's worth playing through again or not. All I can really say about that is that I'm pleased so far and I'll be 100% sure once I've finished it.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by IsolateMutate View Post
    accidental innuendo
    loljobs
    I hope you did that on purpose because I lol'd. I give it 10/10 loljobs out of ten. That's me! Just going around givin' those loljobs like we do.

On a serious note yeah I see what you mean about game length. Was talking with somebody about that just last night, actually. I used to burn through sixty dollars in two nights at the arcade. We actually get to keep the games now and I like that.

[Level 4: Cyborg] IsolateMutate's Avatar
    THAT ONE PLACE IN SCANDINAVIA NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post

I hope you did that on purpose because I lol'd. I give it 10/10 loljobs out of ten. That's me! Just going around givin' those loljobs like we do.

On a serious note yeah I see what you mean about game length. Was talking with somebody about that just last night, actually. I used to burn through sixty dollars in two nights at the arcade. We actually get to keep the games now and I like that.

Yeah, a complaint I heard a lot about Journey was the fact that the length of the game didn't justify the price, and again, this is just one of those things where I feel the unique experience should make up for the price. As long as I feel like I've experienced something that was worth my time, I'm not really about to complain about the length of what I just played.

Besides, what ever happened to just replaying games because you genuinely like them instead of going through pointless sidequests that barely add anything to the overall experience?

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    I bought Papo & Yo for 14.99. It's a short game, but I ended up playing through it three times, and haven't enjoyed a game like that in years.

Besides, what ever happened to just replaying games because you genuinely like them instead of going through pointless sidequests that barely add anything to the overall experience?
    This.

Last game I got was DmC for just under 40. It's definitely worth it to me. I also recently got Zone of the Enders HD for 20. That was even more worth it. Two great games totally new to me for so cheap!

I've been thinking about the topic of prices of games recently actually. At the moment it seems that the reduction in production costs and competition between retailers has lowered down the prices of almost all games to a good level. It's pretty nice at the moment.

But I also remembered another relatively recent purchase of mine. Halo 4. That was 40. While I don't regret buying the game I've been thinking that perhaps it wasn't worth what I payed for it. I'm not that interested in multiplayer, so I only really bothered with playing the campaign through and then soloing the first episode or so of Spartan Ops. I played a few matches of competitive multiplayer online, but I grew tired of it after only a handful of matches over a few days. When I look back on it I realise that I've actually got more enjoyment out of many games I payed much less for, quantitatively and qualitatively. I know I've spent more time and got more enjoyment out of ZOE HD already for example.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Anarchy Reigns for $30.00 and OMG DAT MULTIPLAYER.