Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: FTL - Fear The...something

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I finally made it to the last stand. I wasn't aware that I was suppose to actively engage the the Rebel Flagship, so instead I wandered around the sector until it made it to the Federation base and I lost. Oh, well. I made it to Sector 8. That was pretty cool.

Wolf Master
    Just wait until next time when you do engage the Flagship and you get creamed. Good times.

Easy or normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Easy or normal?
    I have only been playing on Easy.

You guys disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You guys disappoint me.
    So now I am going to vie for your respect because you're insulting me while I try to play a game that I am admittedly bad at and asking for advice on playing? That doesn't seem very cool, man.

YES. YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

Seriously, now. You're missing out on the real joy here. Don't worry if you die in the process. Make the most of the ride. Normal is where it's at. Will you die a lot before sector 5 until you learn the ropes of the game? Yes. BUT YOU WILL EMERGE CHANGED.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I did an easy run and made it to the flagship on the second attempt. I do think it's a bit too soft, negating the point of a lot of encounters and the mid-battle fleeing jump mechanic. On easy, you will always have a good chance at succeeding the random away missions, where it seems less than 50/50 in your favor on normal. And, for me with my basic ship at least, some encounters require a retreat, which I never thought of on easy. You really have to weigh your odds on the harder difficulty, making you feel more like a captain, and more of a badass when you succeed.

Wolf Master
    Yes, yes, Victor, you're awesome at this game, blah blah blah... I still attest that you will learn better on Easy. Figuring out what works, what doesn't, how to react to certain situations, all of that, you get more wiggle room on Easy without necessarily restarting back to zero because you screwed up something.

When did I say that? I beat it, like, three times in 40 hours.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I NEED this game on mobile platforms. Android and Vita simultaneous release via PSM would make my year.

I just got into the game and decided to do an easy run just to try and unlock ships. Ended up nabbing 3 ships on my first easy run. Awwwwh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
    I just got into the game and decided to do an easy run just to try and unlock ships. Ended up nabbing 3 ships on my first easy run. Awwwwh yeah.
    NICE!

only recently started playing this - its addictive as hell and ive only played it on normal mode...just can not seem to get past sector 5

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
    For me, at least, I had a pretty hard time with the game until I started trying out those other ships. I thought the Engi ship sounded weird before I first used it, but that ended up being the first time I ever beat the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GT459 View Post
    only recently started playing this - its addictive as hell and ive only played it on normal mode...just can not seem to get past sector 5
    ​ENDURE

[Level 6: Robot]
    This game is my crack. Now that I've finally gotten my last ship I might actually man up and start playing on normal......nah.

[Level 6: Robot]
    YOOOO Advanced Edition, mind control is awesome.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Wish I had an iPad. Mac will have to do.

Juice Box

Man, I forgot how fun this game is. I love how they've added a bunch of small stuff in every category. I'm still having trouble getting every ship type though, as a lot of them just seem to be chance.