Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout: New Vegas

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html

Looking for people to discuss the new information, and videos. Post every new story on this thread.

Fallout 3 was one of my all time favorites. The feel of that game was unbelievable. The music, the people, the towns, the monsters, all of it was just awesome. Yes, the shooting mechanics were bad, but it really didn't matter to me. With all the story lines around the waste land, and the mystery. Game was my Game of the year in 2008. I'm hoping New Vegas will duplicate that.

New at posting official threads for games, and if I'm not allowed to post this, mods do what you have to do. Plus, I looked for a Fallout New Vegas thread, and couldn't find it.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I just recently finished Fallout 3 and I really enjoyed it, I wasn't going to pick up New Vegas, but after going back and finishing Fallout 3 and with all the new info I've read up on it, the Hardcore mode the game comes with has me really interested as well.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Yeah, hardcore mode! The best part of Fallout 3 was the first 20 hours or so when you had to make money scavenging and exploring old buildings. After that, you were sitting on a mountain of medkits and bottle caps, decked out in power armor and equipped with missile launchers and enough ammo to start a war.

I hope hardcore mode keeps that initial wasteland survivor feeling going through the entire game.

Bringer of Truth
    Hardcore mode sounds AMAZING. I'm really excited for this game.

knows stuff and things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoDown View Post
    Looking for people to discuss the new information, and videos. Post every new story on this thread.
    I can't offering anything new, per se, but I did get some hands on time with New Vegas at GamesCom.

See below for my take on it.
    New at posting official threads for games, and if I'm not allowed to post this, mods do what you have to do. Plus, I looked for a Fallout New Vegas thread, and couldn't find it.
    Seems to be aright.

Worst, it gets merged with the thread you didn't find.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Prime View Post
    I just recently finished Fallout 3 and I really enjoyed it, I wasn't going to pick up New Vegas, but after going back and finishing Fallout 3 and with all the new info I've read up on it, the Hardcore mode the game comes with has me really interested as well.
    From my hands on time, which was very limited, it looks like Obsidian didn't fuck this up.

However, New Vegas is evolutionary, and not bringing anything new to the FO table (aside from story, obviously).

It has an interesting Karma Meter mechanic on top of the usual Karma meter, but gameplay is unchanged. This is not, necessarily a Bad Thing: If you liked Fallout 3, and want more of the same, FO: New Vegas is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    Yeah, hardcore mode! The best part of Fallout 3 was the first 20 hours or so when you had to make money scavenging and exploring old buildings. After that, you were sitting on a mountain of medkits and bottle caps, decked out in power armor and equipped with missile launchers and enough ammo to start a war.
    Admit it: You *did* start wars, too. And enjoyed it immensely. Though, I like that Broken Steel added some high-level challenging enemies, in keeping things going.

I hope hardcore mode keeps that initial wasteland survivor feeling going through the entire game.
    Let's hope so. I wanted that for Fallout 1 and 2, too. On the other hand, I love it when you become immensely powerful in RPGs, as well. Hardcore mode could be the best of both worlds (by flicking switch, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by SchildConstruct View Post

From my hands on time, which was very limited, it looks like Obsidian didn't fuck this up.

However, New Vegas is evolutionary, and not bringing anything new to the FO table (aside from story, obviously).

It has an interesting Karma Meter mechanic on top of the usual Karma meter, but gameplay is unchanged. This is not, necessarily a Bad Thing: If you liked Fallout 3, and want more of the same, FO: New Vegas is a must.
    At first, I was very skeptical of Obsidian. From the looks of it they didn't fuck this up. From screen shots, and some game play videos you probably can't tell FO3, from FO:NV. I absolutely loved FO3, the story not as much, but everything around the main story. If Obsidian can create that same type of setting, with a much improved story. This game could be absolutely amazing.

Lets hope.......

7. 11-12-2010, 09:57 PM

Pwnd
    This game is like sex on a disc. I keep intending to check out different endings, yet get the Wild Card one over and over again because, well, fuck factions.

> Would you like to see the military win?

...no

> Would you like to see the crazy people with machetes win?

...no

> ...what about Howard Hughes?

...no

> Well hey there! You wanna take over a city?

LOL WTF YEAH LETS DO THIS

YOU ROCK YES MAN XD

9. 11-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Naoto #1 Fan
    I really want to check this out once I can.

Adored Fallout 3 despite its many flaws, and this being done by the original team makes it even more interesting to me.

The bugs look like a pretty major issue from what I've heard, but I've played enough Bethesda games that I can look past them by this point.

11. 11-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Naoto #1 Fan
    Huh. I've heard worse stuff.

Though everyone said Fallout 3 was buggy as hell and I only had a major bug once, and it undid itself quickly.

13. 11-12-2010, 11:03 PM

Naoto #1 Fan
    I'll probably be playing it on my PS3. I played Fallout 3 on my 360 though, and I'd rather play this there as well, but it's out of commission at the moment.

15. 11-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Naoto #1 Fan
    So it's probably for the best anyway.

Surprising, seeing as how it's usually the PS3 who gets shafted on this sort of thing. Guess I'm lucky.

17. 11-13-2010, 12:29 AM

Pwnd
    Boone is pretty much God. Seriously. Having him on the team...well.

He reminds me of my best friend in junior high. Dude was like the bodyguard for the nerdy kids. He'd train us to fight bullies and shit. He went into the Marines after high school, and he's the only man I've known who came back without becoming horribly fucked up in the head. He really is the most normal person I know.

He works in a local store, I stop by to see him sometimes. I'm not gonna mention any details because he's had to change his name once already, and he doesn't need me complicating shit for him with my wild internet stories.

But him...I don't think I'd have made it through junior high without him. He'd always listen to my crazy shit, and be my friend anyway. He was the good guy. He stood up for the crazy kids and taught us how to protect ourselves.

So, yeah. That's why I like Boone. That's why I'd like to be like Boone. He reminds me of what America is supposed to be.

He doesn't afraid of anything and taught the rest of us to not do the same.

sorry, but I have to add OH MY FUCKING GOD I'M SO GLAD TO OLD FORUMS ARE KINDA BACK

anyway Fallout New Vegas fucking rocks, I have only two complaints

1. the games crashes way too much

2. now maybe I'm full of shit and it's as big as it could be, but I can't help but wish the wasteland was bigger and more spread out, being set in Nevada I was under the impression it would mostly be desert and while there is plenty of desert there's also that huge mountainous area in the middle and stuff like that, while I'm sure some gamers would complain, I wouldn't mind if there was more just kinda barren desert in between stuff to just make it feel larger

the wasteland is still pretty damn big though

20. 11-14-2010, 12:00 AM

Just a warning to any new guys - you can't continue the game after finishing the main story, at least not as far as I know. I decided I wanted to wrap up the plot since I found it so damn interesting, and to my dismay I found that in doing so I killed a playthrough that had only just scratched the surface of what NV has to offer.

Still an incredible game. I went with Mr. House. Seemed a reasonable choice since the guy's a genius, but I had second thoughts when he told me he was going to completely abolish democracy. Overall I'd say this game has a lot more moral grayness than any of the other Fallout games did, including the first two.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I'd do the same thing but I murdered Mr. House. It was an accident though, I swear it.

Pwnd
    I'm curious about the best possible location for a save game, one that would let you see the different endings with minimum repetition or trouble. I've noticed at least some (if not all) of the missions where you recruit the tribes are the same in every scenario.

Let's say for example you get the Boomers to like you and then save. At that point you should be able to get them in whichever faction you want, so you could recruit them to the NCR, complete game, then go back to that save and recruit them to Caesar, Yes Man, or House without having to repeat stuff you've already done. Thing is, I know the Boomers segment is the same every time, but others like the White Glove society might not be. Haven't really experimented with it yet.

Trying to get 1000/1000 on this. Right now I'm at 31/50 achievements.

Damn game is so addicting I find myself just wandering off exploring, and ignoring the quests that I've started. Surprisingly I haven't had many bugs either, other then the first night I bought it while drinking at a buddies place the old rubberman glitch reared it's ugly head.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDivid.../4/NXHSYvS5sZY

Jeff Goldblum
    I'm enjoying the game so far. Trying to recruit a humanoid companion, any suggestions?

All I saw of the White Glove Society was that you oust the cannibal element, and then if you're doing Wild Card, you tell Yes Man that they're okay. Mr. House at the very least didn't ask for anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Altair View Post
    I'm enjoying the game so far. Trying to recruit a humanoid companion, any suggestions?
    Depends. Boone is a damn good companion. Very good ranged partner.

Veronica can wear power armor, and has over 100 base melee skill (very good with Pushy, or Paladin Toaster).

Then there is Lily.... a Super Mutant grandma who is pretty bad ass with close quarters combat, and quick to boot.