Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf Variant- Offshoots/Experiments/Concurrent Games

[Level 6: Robot]
    I didn't even put any thought into picking the lovers, i just picked at random out of the list of players. Seems i did a good job.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post
    I didn't even put any thought into picking the lovers, i just picked at random out of the list of players. Seems i did a good job.
    Yeah you really did, the guardian angel/ wolf combo was awesome!

I always thought its be fairer I the lovers could
    PM each other at least, or would that be too advantageous?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    It was something we had in earlier iterations of the Lovers and I've always liked the idea myself. If you're going to burden people with their own win condition and death pact you might as well let them talk privately to give them some time to discuss matters.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I think it was game 5 or 6 where Knives and I were the Lovers, and it was the first time that the Lovers were allowed to communicate during the night. It was helpful since we could pass along our theories to each other that we may not have wanted to air out in public. Once the player list started to get smaller, we started talking about possible strategies like possibly turning on each other to make ourselves look more credible, but then Knives was killed by the wolves and I had to kill myself.

edit: I think that was the same game in which I had an eccentricity that I had to include an onomatopoeia in each of my posts. It was also one of the last games to include eccentricities in their original form.

Beast Master
    I prefer the lovers to be able to talk. I've never been one myself, though.

Wolf Master
    Let me tell you, it is a boatload of fun.

i prefer when the Lovers can't communicate. That way the only thing driving the Lover's collective strategy is their love for one another, as it should be.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    I think so. It's just way too swingy in small games. On the other hand, the only time we've gotten the Werewolf/Villager Lover combo (i.e. the interesting one) has been in smaller games.
    Also both times have been an amazingly lucky combination. In this one, GA and Werewolf. The last time was Seer & Werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    Yeah you really did, the guardian angel/ wolf combo was awesome!

I always thought its be fairer I the lovers could
    PM each other at least, or would that be too advantageous?
    I was the first one to implement this I think. I still think they should be allowed to PM each other. In the game where I was a lover with Panza as my Seer lover I had to hope he was paying enough attention to see/"clear" me.

On the other hand in these smaller games I could see the argument for them not. In these cases both wolves could have just said "X is the other werewolf", though I guess that's all part of the game.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post

edit: I think that was the same game in which I had an eccentricity that I had to include an onomatopoeia in each of my posts. It was also one of the last games to include eccentricities in their original form.
    Why did eccentricities get axed any way?

Wolf Master
    The consensus was that they were more of a distraction than anything else. Also, after you've done several, it's difficult coming up with new ones that don't suck. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing them back every now and then.

Bringer of Truth
    Having them return wouldn't be terrible, but I don't like the powers that became associated with them.

If we did return them I would say let the special power (avoid death, whatever it may be) be a one time thing for the entire game.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    If I remember (I'm currently drunk, so I may be incorrect), but the only power associated with the quirks was that villagers could save themselves from hanging if they guessed a quirk correctly. I think it would be better if there was only one communal save by eccentricity. There was also a werewolf with a quirk that was was somehow directly related to the character being a werewolf (i.e. they had to say something that only a werewolf would know). Even as a villager, I never really liked that aspect of the werewolf quirk. I think it forced some werewolf players into being far less active than they would have otherwise been.

Beast Master
    I always liked the eccentricities, it's just a pain in the ass coming up with "good" ones that are fun but not in your face or on the flip side too vague.

14. 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM
    Reason
    Wrong thread!

Wolf Master
    We're digging this thread up, yo.

One Night Werewolf

It has a maximum player count of 10, but I'm personally of the opinion that it works better with fewer--closer to five players. Who's in? Will close admission once we hit 10 or some time tonight.

The people who already expressed interest are already included, but I'll need to find that list. It was like, usedtabe, ZombiePlatypus, and someone else.

IN.

I'll monitor this to see how it goes. If the first one goes well enough to warrant a sequel then I may consider it then.

I expressed interest ;_;

(In.)

I'm curious. IN

Beast Master
    I'll play your game, bubba.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I'll play your game, bubba.
    You've been out of practice for so long you forgot to bold. But then, you expressed interest before.

1. usedtabe
    2. ZombiePlatypus
    3. Panzadolphin
    4. Nihil
    5. Corduroy Turtle

I think I want to cut it here. It should go fast enough that if anybody else wants in, we can add more later. Again, I think this game actually works better with 3-5 players.