Page 43 of 145 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf Variant- Offshoots/Experiments/Concurrent Games

Wolf Master
    Yeah, I was pretty sure there was no way to win once Bizarro came out with all that juicy information. I didn't realize the rule was that the Sheriff's vote also breaks ties, otherwise we should have killed Bizarro right then and there. Oh well.

Beast Master
    We really need to rework the Cupid role. I honestly feel bad that the joke has gone this far.

I'm weak like that.

Prophet role is pretty broken.

With ZP as the vigilante I stood no chance of winning. Was hoping the vigilante would end up shooting Bizarro, only chance I had.

There'd be no point in lynching Bizarro, that would have only proven his honesty. With the vigilante still alive and another day of lynching to be had, I would be the next to go.

Besides I needed Flam out of the way.

Beast Master
    I could only choose to kill a person once killed myself, and there's no way I'd kill Bizarro. As soon as I pegged you two as lovers I was just itching to die so I could take you both with me.

I know, that's why I said I only stood a chance if the vig was someone else.

Honkey Kong
    Noob for best Cupid

Beast Master
    But yeah, like I said on the other page, if we keep Cupid we should make it so he has to be one of the lovers. That'll add some mystery to it again. (Sorry Dex).

Honkey Kong
    I guess Dex has been trolled enough.

But yeah, making Cupid choose a partner is a good idea. That way it's still somewhat of a curse to get the role but you can still have fun as well.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic Man View Post
    Prophet role is pretty broken.

With ZP as the vigilante I stood no chance of winning. Was hoping the vigilante would end up shooting Bizarro, only chance I had.

There'd be no point in lynching Bizarro, that would have only proven his honesty. With the vigilante still alive and another day of lynching to be had, I would be the next to go.

Besides I needed Flam out of the way.
    You did need him out of the way, although had you have hung someone else you would have had the voting power between the three of you to hang anyone you wanted for the rest of the game, you could have openly admitted to being a wolf and still would have the vote advantage to hang whoever you wanted, even Flam eventually.

It sounds like ZP was always gonna choose you to kill however, so yeah from that perspective you were never gonna win... unless you got Dex to give Flam the guard role and then he protected you on the night you mauled ZP, although this plan's getting convoluted now.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'd join you all for celebration on our victory but I'm a ghost and you can't see me

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post
    I'd join you all for celebration on our victory but I'm a ghost and you can't see me
    worry not, we won, your death was not in vain

Just putting this out there but I have no issue with running another game whilst the main one's being set up, this time I'd use a traditional seer and maybe a revised version of Cupid... also maybe a streamlined version of the voting system to speed things up a bit, like of we're waiting on one or two people a majority vote could move the game along?

This is only if no one else wants to run the next one, honestly please feel free to take over if you want to!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Good game! I loved the prophet role, though in a small game like this it is arguably too powerful. I like that it allows you to be a little creative with your questions each night but I ended up just picking three people and asking if there was a Wolf among them. This is a bit much in a game this size, though even if you do get a 'yes' like I did you still need to spend another night narrowing things down so the role does even out a bit and I can see it being alright in larger games, maybe add a Wolf role to counteract it that allows them to pass as a Villager once when looked into or something.

Also great job Mucky, the mass beating and hammering of FloomTacos gave me a chuckle.

It's a great role but like you said if can be overpowered if you ask the right questions - by the third day you'd managed to confirm Flamoctapus and narrow down the second wolf to either Dex or Byron!

In these smaller games the odds are totally stacked against the wolves, especially if one of them is a lover, so maybe I should have used three wolves instead of two.

Bringer of Truth
    The Prophet needs re-tooling, something I didn't have a chance to do before this one started since mine was still running.

The problem comes from the player being able to be TOO specific with their choice. I think it would need stricter vocabulary limits to be the way I intended.

As I saw it the questions would be more like:

"Is Dexter a wolf?" - no
    "Did a wolf vote save today?" - Yes
    "Did a wolf quote somebody today?" - No
    "Is Byronic a wolf?" - Yes

Etc

Not "Is one of Byronic, Used, Dexter, or DJ a wolf?" / "Is one of the players in Used's Group A a wolf?"

For these smaller games, cupid needs reworked. The way where Cupid is a lover and chooses THEIR lover is pretty good.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I guess Dex has been trolled enough.

But yeah, making Cupid choose a partner is a good idea. That way it's still somewhat of a curse to get the role but you can still have fun as well.
    I don't really think that will change much. Then it'll just be the case that I'm the Lover of Cupid. Or worse, right after the change in how the role works, I'll BE Cupid.

Either way, I don't really mind much. There was a brief moment during this game when I realized that Byronic was a Werewolf and I had some cool strategizing going on. It didn't last long. The complaint that I've always had is that if you say you're going to make somebody a Lover all the time, and then you actually do it, you're giving away information to the other team that they might not otherwise have access to.

Maybe we should drop the lovers for smaller games?

Double post!

Wolf Master
    I think so. It's just way too swingy in small games. On the other hand, the only time we've gotten the Werewolf/Villager Lover combo (i.e. the interesting one) has been in smaller games.