Page 41 of 145 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf Variant- Offshoots/Experiments/Concurrent Games

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    What makes you believe Dex is not a Wolf, Byron? Anyway thanks for saving me the trouble of looking into you. There has only been two deaths so far which makes a Wolf claiming Seer a pretty risky move. You could argue I inferred from Noobs death rattle that he was the Seer and took the opportunity to claim the role but that's not the case. I can understand why my word should be taken with a grain of salt but killing Floom Tacos will prove the validity of my claim easily enough.

There are seven remaining, if we kill Flamoctapus today and the Wolves get a successful kill tonight we are down to four five with possibly two Wolves remaining. Judging from Byrons statement I can only assume he's a bad guy as well, normally this would be a decent position for us but I fear that Dex may be a Wolf and has double voting power to boot. If this is true even if we kill him now we will still lose tomorrow unless the BG saves someone tonight since he get's to choose his replacement and will give it to his buddy Flamoctapus. So I'm going to vote to Lynch Flamoctapus and hope against hope that Dex is a good guy.

EDIT: Messed up on the math, if we kill someone today and the wolves eat tonight then we are down to 5 instead of 4 which means we only lose automatically tomorrow if the Wolves kill the Lovers tonight.
    Last edited by Bizarro; 11-28-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: I can't math.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    What makes you believe Dex is not a Wolf, Byron? Anyway thanks for saving me the trouble of looking into you. There has only been two deaths so far which makes a Wolf claiming Seer a pretty risky move. You could argue I inferred from Noobs death rattle that he was the Seer and took the opportunity to claim the role but that's not the case. I can understand why my word should be taken with a grain of salt but killing Floom Tacos will prove the validity of my claim easily enough.

There are seven remaining, if we kill Flamoctapus today and the Wolves get a successful kill tonight we are down to four with possibly two Wolves remaining. Judging from Byrons statement I can only assume he's a bad guys as well, normally this would be a decent position for us but I fear that Dex may be a Wolf and has double voting power to boot. If this is true even if we kill him now we will still lose tomorrow unless the BG saves someone tonight since he get's to choose his replacement and will give it to his buddy Flamoctapus. So I'm going to vote to Lynch Flamoctapus and hope against hope that Dex is a good guy.
    Your memory must be short. I was the BodyGuard on Night 2 and I protected Dexter from a wolf attack.

Killing Flamoctapus won't prove anything of your innocence. I don't know why everyone is having these lapses in how the game works. Simply put, you could be a wolf throwing your teammate to the mob to grant you amnesty.

If Flam is a wolf and we lynch him, and the wolves get a kill tonight, that brings us to five. (How are you getting four?) Then we lynch either me or Dex, four. Wolves kill that night, three. Then you lynch the other of either me or Dex, two - you and the last villager. You win just by pretending to be the Prophet, since there's no room for you to be lynched if everyone grants you the benefit of the doubt. And that's not even taking the Lovers into account - you'd actually win even before the third trial.

So even though I stopped one of your kills on night 2, the timing is still good for you having whipped out your plan. Fair play on that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronic Man View Post
    Your memory must be short. I was the BodyGuard on Night 2 and I protected Dexter from a wolf attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Byron and Dexter are werewolves and Byron was given the bodyguard power so he protected Dexter while also attacking Dexter, therefor making it look like they are both legit.

OR

Byron and Dexter are lovers and Byron is a werewolf and was given the bodyguard power so he protected Dexter while also attacking Dexter, therefor making it look like they are both legit.
    Eh? Eh?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    1) Clown - Dead
    2) Flam -
    3) DJ - Flam
    4) Byron - Bizarro
    5) ZP - Flam
    6) Dex (Sheriff) -
    7) Lizzy -
    8 ) Noob - Dead
    9) Bizarro - Flam

Flam - 3 votes
    Bizarro - 1 vote
    Waiting on 3 votes

You make a valid point that I could be bluffing and throwing my teammate under the bus, but from a neutral perspective it's as likely that Dexter's 'confirmation' by getting attacked was a clever ruse ala ZP's theory. I'm positive you are not on the Villagers side at this point so it's up to the others reading this to decide whats more likely and who's the better person to bet on. We can either trust me and hang Flamoctapus (AKA the right choice) or believe your lies and hang me. Again from a neutral perspective, killing Flamoctapus relieves us of a quiet person who hasn't claimed any role, killing me potentially relieves us of the most useful Villager role if I'm telling the truth.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Hmm. Let me just think out loud for a moment. If Bizarro is lying, then we kill Flamoctapus today, the Werewolves kill tonight, and we'll be down to five players with (presumably) two Werewolves. That still gives us a chance, and wouldn't be an automatic win (unless they hit the Lovers). Then, we would kill Bizarro, and after they kill the again at night, we'd be down to three players with (presumably) one Werewolf. This would only be good for the Villagers if the Lovers are both Villagers AND they both survive until the end. Otherwise, it would be an automatic win for the Werewolves at this point.

All that considered, I'm inclined to believe Bizarro for now, but I'll wait to put in my vote just in case somebody contradicts him.
    Exactly. Just because someone claims to be the seer, doesn't mean that they are. I'm pretty damn sure that Bizzaro is a wolf, seeing as doesn't gain anything by randomly selling me out. I'm not going to vote yet for the sake of my own longevity, but I do intend to lynch.

You make a valid point that I could be bluffing and throwing my teammate under the bus, but from a neutral perspective it's as likely that Dexter's 'confirmation' by getting attacked was a clever ruse ala ZP's theory. I'm positive you are not on the Villagers side at this point so it's up to the others reading this to decide whats more likely and who's the better person to bet on. We can either trust me and hang Flamoctapus (AKA the right choice) or believe your lies and hang me. Again from a neutral perspective, killing Flamoctapus relieves us of a quiet person who hasn't claimed any role, killing me potentially relieves us of the most useful Villager role if I'm telling the truth.
    I agree that the trade today is worth the price of admission. But tomorrow? "Trust me guys, even though there's absolutely nothing you can do after today if you do." No, that's not exactly the no-brainer you're claiming it is.

@ZP, that's a fair theory but there's nothing I can do to challenge it short of revealing my role card, so *shrug*

Except it is a no brainer. You said it yourself, the only smart move for a Wolf claiming Seer is to give you guys an actual Wolf to confirm myself. Framing an innocent FloomTacos is a foolish trade off considering I'd be dead tomorrow if I'm lying, yet still you insist on lynching me. Seems like an illogical move from a typically logical player to me, unless your win condition doesn't coincide with that of the Village.

Maybe we shouldn't have a cupid anymore. I mean it's funny that Dex keeps being a lover, but it gets boring and has got to be pissing him off. I wouldn't like it if I were in his shoes, so yeah. Either traditional lovers or maybe make cupid choose his own lover.

10. 11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
    Reason
    Stupid question is stupid.

No, I'm not cupid. I'm just 90% certain Dex and Byron are fucking.

Except it is a no brainer. You said it yourself, the only smart move for a Wolf claiming Seer is to give you guys an actual Wolf to confirm myself. Framing an innocent FloomTacos is a foolish trade off considering I'd be dead tomorrow if I'm lying, yet still you insist on lynching me. Seems like an illogical move from a typically logical player to me, unless your win condition doesn't coincide with that of the Village.
    No you're right, the notion occurred to me but I didn't really think it through out of stubbornness against you. If you are throwing Flam to the mob and he is a wolf, it still remains a necessity that we lynch him to win the game. Let me go through it if he's not...

Seven players, lynch Flam, he's innocent. Six players, one gets mauled, leaving five (two wolves* and three villagers). You get lynched, four left. Another mauled, three. Toss up between the remaining crowd to lynch the wolf or lose.

*I'm assuming two wolves because with 9 players, three wolves seems a bit too imbalanced.

That's without the Lovers dying and speeding it along. So if it turns out Flam is innocent, you'll be killed before you get to win and we still have an opportunity to escape your plan. But if Flam is a wolf, we need to kill him either way. So I'll vote to lynch Flam since it doesn't lose us the game even if you're tricking us and we're wrong.

So we're still waiting on Lizzie, Dex and Floomtacos himself.

So we're still waiting on Lizzie, Dex and Floomtacos himself.
    Correct, the rest of you can change your votes up until the last player has voted.

Bizarro, Byron, Floomtacos and Lizzie are all werewolves.

And Dex loves them.

^^^ 100% undeniable facts for everybody's viewing pleasure.

Wolf Master
    Maybe we shouldn't have a cupid anymore. I mean it's funny that Dex keeps being a lover, but it gets boring and has got to be pissing him off.
    Wow, that sounds like something I said months ago.

Lynch Flamoctapus today, then probably lynch Bizarro tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Wow, that sounds like something I said months ago.
    The joke wasn't beaten into the ground months ago.

]1) Clown - Dead
    2) Flam -
    3) DJ - Flam
    4) Byron - Flam
    5) ZP - Flam
    6) Dex (Sheriff) - Flam
    7) Lizzy -
    8 ) Noob - Dead
    9) Bizarro - Flam

Flam - 6 votes
    Waiting on 2 votes

Lizzie hasn't been online in a solid two days.

Reckon I should call it then?

I dunno. I'm not changing my vote. See what the other active players think I guess.