Page 34 of 145 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf Variant- Offshoots/Experiments/Concurrent Games

Wolf Master
    It seems pretty swingy to me. Having the possibility for a Werewolf with no Seer seems like an automatic Werewolf win.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    And you know Clownfish is a wolf whenever he totally starts making things up. Totally.
    I remember one game where he pretended he was the seer (I think, could be wrong) but was beaten to "revealing" his role by the real seer revealing their real role, he then attempted to cover up the mistake as some kind of PC error (he had pictures of crashing screens and everything).

It was a total A for effort.

Ah, gotcha. I thought the "so obviously CB had to pick wolf" bit meant he had to pick wolf/had no actual choice. Now I see he could've chosen to be a villager though.
    No no, he did have to pick wolf. It's a provision considering the small player pool of the game, I don't want the game to be too imbalanced.

Beast Master
    Oh, then yeah, there really wasn't a need to label him as "thief". Could've cut out a step and just said "wolf".

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    I remember one game where he pretended he was the seer (I think, could be wrong) but was beaten to "revealing" his role by the real seer revealing their real role, he then attempted to cover up the mistake as some kind of PC error (he had pictures of crashing screens and everything).

It was a total A for effort.
    It was late-game and I claimed witch I think. Dexter was the real one (I think) and outed himself at the same time. I totally was having those weird fucking glitches though.

I think that's the only time I've ever actually pulled the trigger as a wolf to claim a villager role, it's always too risky otherwise.

So the main game has like a billion people still alive (11 actually I think), another minigame?

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post

It was late-game and I claimed witch I think. Dexter was the real one (I think) and outed himself at the same time. I totally was having those weird fucking glitches though.

I think that's the only time I've ever actually pulled the trigger as a wolf to claim a villager role, it's always too risky otherwise.

So the main game has like a billion people still alive (11 actually I think), another minigame?
    Ah, I thought you were trying to recover somehow, I did remember that Dex beat you to posting by mere seconds.

Another game would be lovely.

Oh, then yeah, there really wasn't a need to label him as "thief". Could've cut out a step and just said "wolf".
    Some players were confused as to how the Thief role plays out before the game began. Better to be clear about it than not.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I'm in if we do another.

Bringer of Truth
    I am as well

Who's running this one?

Bringer of Truth
    Nobody yet, but still.

I'd consider running it if Byron doesn't want to, it'd be a "classic" (meaning "basic") werewolf game however, with minimal fluff.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    The Guardian Angel role was interesting, but yeah, kinda boring at the same time. I originally asked Byron if I was allowed to suggest who should be protected by the Bodyguard. I think that would make it a little better. Whoever is appointed to be the Bodyguard can be given a suggestion of who to protect, but ultimately makes the decision themselves.

Oh, and I'm in for another game, but with Thanksgiving this week, it may be best to start it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    I'd consider running it if Byron doesn't want to, it'd be a "classic" (meaning "basic") werewolf game however, with minimal fluff.
    TBH I'd rather play than run right now. I'm in.

Beast Master
    I will play Muckfoot's game.

Next Game:

1) Clown
    2) Flam
    3) DJ
    4) Byron
    5) ZP

Do you lot want the same rules as before (werewolves must kill everyone, Byron's way of voting)?

Also I'm going to cut out the thief role simply because I don't fully understand it, do we still want the Cupid role or the addition of any others?

Finally do you want classic bodyguard or guardian angel (like in the last game)? I'm leaning towards the latter as smaller games seem harder for the wolves to win.

I'll see what numbers we have before I consider setting up, I use my phone to post so updates will lack size but there'll be a butt load of them as I'm always on my phone.

Wolf Master
    I'm in.

I think we have essentially fully switched over to Byronic-style voting at this point. I still see some problems with it, but the amount that it speeds things up makes it worth it.

I don't like the Cupid role for small games. For that matter, giving either side a double kill by any means makes things far too random for my tastes. Guardian Angel is a cool idea; I'd take that or no Bodyguard at all.

Keep Cupid. It's another role for an otherwise vanilla villager to have and it helps keep the game spicy and quick.

I'd say either stick with the GA or with the Witch. The traditional bodyguard is too powerful for small games.

Beast Master
    Definitely keep Cupid.

Bringer of Truth
    Keep cupid.

I like the Guardian Angel idea still (we'll see how it plays out in the main game at the end), it's interesting. I say use it over a traditional bodyguard.

Seer is good, but I still like my "Prophet" role and would like to see it used again to see how it holds up, that's up to you though.