Page 23 of 145 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf Variant- Offshoots/Experiments/Concurrent Games

At least the Winchester boys survived. We'll get the job done at a later date.

Yeah the team sucked!!!!!!!

To be honest I don't think this was a great game. The fact that the mechanics were very poorly explained and seemed to arbitrarily change throughout the course of the game meant that playing involved me asking what the hell was going on and then picking one of those options based on very limited short-term goals. And that was when I had anything to do - for the vast majority of the game I literally had nothing to do. Had to kill the Dark One just to do anything.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'm going to be honest, my heart wasn't in this game. I'm personally not a huge fan of the three team idea in the end, to me it doesn't capture the spirit of us vs them mentality, it was more us vs them vs hey-look-some-guys-are-kinda-helping-us-i-guess.

That and by the time I actually caught up you were 12 pages in and I was confused as fuck.

I like that it was my job to shit all over everybody. I wasn't really feeling the rest.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I gotta say, me protecting Tarvu that night was a bad idea since I completely forgot that I was attacked the night before. I should have Artful do it, or have him protect me while I protected Tarvu. Pretty sure we did that one night. Also, yeah, the game wasn't all that great. I think it was a good idea to try out, for sure, but it was just too complicated to really follow. It was definitely a good try, though, Nihil. I think if you trim a bunch of fat it could become a pretty fun game.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    The writing was solid, really enjoyed that.

As I was either temporarily or permanently insane for the most part I can't really comment much on the game as a whole, the ambiguity of most aspects was a welcome change from the usual however.

Were you permacrazy because you were the Dreamer?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Were you permacrazy because you were the Dreamer?
    Yep - I essentially got asked to pick a number every night and it drove me a bit insane, then I got attacked by the Dark One and went permanently bat shit crazy mental. Pity as the role seemed quite exciting, once I understood it.

Nihil said I could still post but it'd have to be incoherent gibberish about Bill O'Reilly. I opted to be the strong, silent mentalist type.
    Last edited by Muckfoot; 11-08-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Wolf Master
    So, as the person with arguably the most information, I think I enjoyed this one more than the rest of you. I still think it was way more complicated than it needed to be, and a lot of the time I had no idea what would happen as a result of my choices.

So yeah, I was the Dark One. And Byronic got me killed just so he wouldn't have to obey me. Worst Acolyte ever. Even after I drove him temporarily insane on night one to make him look like a good guy! What a jerk.

Oh, and I'm curious, because I thought I knew which team member was which, but the later events make me not so sure.

djnealb: Investigator
    ZombiePlatypus: Hard Case
    usedtabe: Occultist

Was I close?

Hahaha. You guys.

Wolf Master
    Ah, but the other thing I wanted to say about the Team is that it seemed extremely powerful for a game of this size. It took me a few nights to figure out who was who, and even then, I got one of my Acolytes killed in the process. I think it could have worked in a much larger game, but by the time things started to piece together, there was nobody left, essentially. Also, having three people who are immediately and automatically confirmed to be on the side of the good guys is strange with so few people playing.

Byron don't need no man to tell him what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    So, as the person with arguably the most information, I think I enjoyed this one more than the rest of you. I still think it was way more complicated than it needed to be, and a lot of the time I had no idea what would happen as a result of my choices.

So yeah, I was the Dark One. And Byronic got me killed just so he wouldn't have to obey me. Worst Acolyte ever. Even after I drove him temporarily insane on night one to make him look like a good guy! What a jerk.
    You did and that certainly helped me but there were four things that drove me to kill you: 1) You were terrible at the helm - on my first night I killed two (2) players, how many did you kill huh huh? 2) I wanted to do something. 3) Once I learned that I could do something if the Dark One died, all I had to do was find out who the Dark One was. You made the mistake of trusting me and outting yourself in the PMs. 4) I knew if I could be instrumental in bringing about the death of a big baddie, it would ingratiate me with the villages/teamsters. Only problem with this was Nihil chose this exact moment to change the rules of the game.

Bonus point 5) If it had backfire on me and I had died, it would have been perfect for the setting.

Wolf Master
    You only killed those people on the first night because I sent you to do it! Also, who do you think drove Muckfoot perma-insane? I wear the evil lord pants around here.

You only killed those people on the first night because I sent you to do it! Also, who do you think drove Muckfoot perma-insane? I wear the evil lord pants around here.
    You sent me to kill Artful and Marcosnow? As I recall, you were already dead at that point.

Wolf Master
    Oh, THAT night. Yeah, okay, but I'm pretty sure I set you up for that. You're welcome.

Oh, THAT night. Yeah, okay, but I'm pretty sure I set you up for that. You're welcome.
    Tch, this isn't a team game. All the glory for meee!

Honkey Kong
    I'm just going to leave it at the game was a good idea executed badly. Tweaked a lot it could be a great variation.

Wolf Master
    So seriously, did we win? And the Team also won? But the Villagers lost? And why couldn't you just start voting to kill the Team members since you were the only remaining sane villager?

You do realize that if this were REAL LIFE OMG I'd have just gunned down all of the remaining townspeople once all the gates were closed and we still had questions of loyalty, right?