Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham Origins

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

Batman's cape is finally black?! Hallelujah!

Well, after two games in the series it's about damn time. Black cape and cowl. No conspicuous man panties. Shorter ears. I'm really digging the practical look of this new batsuit.

I'm so glad to finally say sayonara to this FUGLY absurd outfit.

Now here's hoping the overall game experience won't be another Arkham Shitty debacle.
    Last edited by ZANIACK; 04-24-2013 at 03:05 PM.

I hope the reviewers take the blackness of his cape into account in their reviews, otherwise I will definitely be hanging myself.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Arkham City was pretty dope, it just got a little dull after you had explored for a while. All I ask for is better boss fights and a game world with depth. I have faith.

As for Batman's cape, it could be made out of my grandmother's ugly wallpaper and I really wouldn't care.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    I hope the reviewers take the blackness of his cape into account in their reviews, otherwise I will definitely be hanging myself.
    IN STERLING WE TRUST.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I want the Blue cape. Not black, black is out of fashion anyway.

6. 04-18-2013, 08:05 AM

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I hope they don't put that many Riddler trophies in the game again. Asylum had the perfect amount of trophies. Enough to make it a challenge, but not so many that it wasn't worth it to find them all. I just did not have the patience to try and find them all in City.

8. 04-18-2013, 09:22 AM

I recommend going after them in both games, even though it can be pretty damn annoying if you can't wait until you finish the story 'cause of all the trophies you're not sure whether or not you have the equipment for yet.

10. 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM

[Level 4: Cyborg] IsolateMutate's Avatar
    THAT ONE PLACE IN SCANDINAVIA NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I like how they've foreshadowed the villain in both games leading up to this.
    I highly doubt that was foreshadowing (..How can you even foreshadow something that's already happened, anyway?), it's just references. Black Mask was IN Arkham City and just referenced in Asylum. I highly, highly doubt they were even thinking about letting a new studio handle an unnecessary prequel when they were working on what was gonna be in Asylum and City.

12. 04-19-2013, 04:24 AM

I'm not trying to be a pedantic douche or anything, just pointing out that this game probably wasn't planned. I'm keeping judgement reserved until I see gameplay, but considering how much has been announced WITHOUT showing any gameplay (not to mention it's not Rocksteady working on it) justifies some concerns.

14. 04-19-2013, 04:35 AM

With what Arkham City set up (Azrael, Scarecrow on the loose, Hush, Ra's still being alive, Batman being kinda damaged after the ending and whatnot), I'm expecting a lot more from Rocksteady than a game featuring Batman facing his greatest enemies for the first time. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting concept, but considering they probably won't change gameplay much, I don't really see what the point of it is. It doesn't really seem like it adds anything to a pre-existing franchise that is lacking a third outing that might add some closure, it seems more like "Here's a neat storyline set in the same engine with minor additions", which sounds like a DLC to me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm taking some huge leaps in terms of assumptions here, and I'd be absolutely delighted to be wrong. I'm just confused as to what the point of this game is - aside from money, that is. If they wanted to make a new Batman game that isn't Arkham 3, why not do something completely different? Oh also, speaking of different, I hope to god Rocksteady isn't working on that Silver Age game that was rumored.

16. 04-19-2013, 04:55 AM

17. 04-19-2013, 05:19 AM

This should be moved to Official Games Threads and the name changed to something less retarded. Like "Batman Arkham Origins".

I'm so happy the delinquent who posted this shit has not stayed around.

19. 04-19-2013, 06:39 AM

I stand by my statement in the second post of this thread.

21. 04-19-2013, 06:51 AM

BRAP BRAP MY UTILITY BELT IS MADE OF PCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    This should be made the game thread though.

23. 04-19-2013, 07:03 AM
    Reason
    easily misunderstood joke

The game should be an allegory for why feminism is evil. And you play as zombie Thatcher.

25. 04-19-2013, 07:07 AM

The song came out two years before she even took the premiership. That's how advanced a band they were!

Batman: Arkham Origins

This oughta replace that other thread about black capes n shit.

new game

discuss and whatnot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Couple more things, not going into too much detail because it's a pretty lengthy article -

His grapple gun works like the one in Just Cause 2, so now he can tie two objects together, presumably even people. It also mentions using the Batwing for fast travel -- didn't sound like you could actually pilot it, more like how the dragons work in Dawnguard. And they have a thing where you need to clear radio jamming towers before that fast travel option becomes available. Kind of like in Far Cry 3 where you have to unhack antennas for the map to become visible.

And you were right about the engine, it's still Unreal 3. They mention using Rocksteady code and such. However they're adding stuff left and right, like what I've already mentioned, the side investigations are more fleshed out, city is more densely populated, etc. This time it's actually Gotham, not some burned out husk of an oversized prison.

I'm looking forward to it. More Arkham is a good thing. I completed the last one in one single sixteen hour sitting. Went straight home after buying the midnight release, did not stop playing until about 6:30 pm the next night. The story probably won't be quite as good because afaik Paul Dini isn't writing this time. Still, sounds pretty awesome so far.
    Apologies for my bad wording, I didn't just mean the engine, I meant the code as well (as you mentioned, too). I was basically saying it'd be created with the same tools as the other Arkham games, and it worries me a bit because it seems kinda like a quick cash grab before the majority possibly moves on to the next generation of consoles.

I'm interested in the changes they're making, but I'll believe it when I see it. The changes can go either way, but I'm not gonna get too upset about how drastic they are, because the changes from Asylum to City really weren't that drastic.

Again, I'm just being a skeptic son of a bitch so that I won't get my hopes up. I'll keep any true judgement reserved until they stop being all talk and put out some gameplay.

NO THAT THREAD IS THE GAME THREAD. U R DUM.

can a mod not just merge the two threads orrrrr

30. 04-19-2013, 08:00 AM

I suspect I'm going to love the Deathstroke battles, and everything else will be kinda meh.

32. 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Admin / Midget King
    Hulk Ultimate Destruction was awesome. I hope I can smash buildings and turn cars into boxing gloves as Batman.

34. 04-19-2013, 04:34 PM