[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Says the person who didn't show up for CS or MK

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Was just in the vita thread and saw your psn. *slowly backs away*

You still didn't MK :P

Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Was just in the vita thread and saw your psn. *slowly backs away*

You still didn't MK :P
    Do you have a mic? Do you use it? Do you use it for friday night fights? I'm not terribly interested in playing games with people that I meet on Dtoid that don't like to socialize/communicate. I don't join FNF to sit there silently - it's like the one day out of the week that I get to use a mic and chat it up and have a good time. Every other person that I have played with on FNF uses a mic. If you don't want to use one, cool man, just say so in your posts. Counter-strike without communication is a little "Counter-intuitive" don't you think? (One of my best yet.)

No one showed up or messaged me about Fall of Cybertron. Nice way to spend my first FNF.

Quote Originally Posted by hilari0s View Post
    No one showed up or messaged me about Fall of Cybertron. Nice way to spend my first FNF.
    Just to clarify this thread is for people who SAY they will HOST but DO NOT. Plus in order for someone to be a flake, they have to commit to some event/meeting/arrangement beforehand. I'm pretty sure none of us (that regularly do FNF on PS3) even have FoC. So that's something else to chew on.

Admin / Midget King
    What is the purpose of this thread exactly? What's your intention with it? Is just to publicly shame people?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by hilari0s View Post
    Well, you did say you were going to kick out anybody that used words you didn't like. I know at least one person that didn't show up because of that. You're free to make that rule if you like and I'm not going to criticize you for it, but it might not entice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    What is the purpose of this thread exactly? What's your intention with it? Is just to publicly shame people?
    I choose to believe that it's an expression of the desire for stronger community events. Not necessarily making a big deal about commitment to them, but to encourage people to schedule things they can make and then make them and to do that in the less-than-serious "you motherfuckers" sort of way, with plenty of finger wagging.

I can admit to plenty of frustration trying to help these things grow and having people not show up to host or play when they say they will, or say they'll do something and then expect all the others FNFers to go well out of their way to get this person into the game they want to play... or offer to host and then leave after one round saying they'll be back some nebulous time later in the evening. It's kind of sad to see a community event that people can so easily get into suffer due to casual negligence.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Well, you did say you were going to kick out anybody that used words you didn't like. I know at least one person that didn't show up because of that. You're free to make that rule if you like and I'm not going to criticize you for it, but it might not entice people.
    Yeah, I'm not going to play with someone who won't let me use "naughty" words. Sorry, just being honest.

Honkey Kong
    Man, you guys that don't like naughty words should play L4D2 with us. Especially when I get a Smoker.

Pwnd
    How the fuck am I supposed to use words that aren't naughty? The only adjectives I know are ass and bitch.

Look, shit happens. Things come up. People have jobs, families, friends. Making a thread to paint a scarlet letter on people who don't show up for the vidyas seems childish and inane. If no one shows up to your FNF, just play online and go on with your life. It's not like you bought chips and paper plates for the event.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Man, you guys that don't like naughty words should play L4D2 with us. Especially when I get a Smoker.
    Oh, Battlefield with Kimiko is pretty filthy. Payday and Space Marine are pretty thick with it too, when things go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Look, shit happens. Things come up. People have jobs, families, friends. Making a thread to paint a scarlet letter on people who don't show up for the vidyas seems childish and inane. If no one shows up to your FNF, just play online and go on with your life. It's not like you bought chips and paper plates for the event.
    Totally true and accepted. I stand by my positive interpretation though. Sometimes, FNF needs a helping of "C'MOOOOOOOON' to get people together.

Is your clan really SOUP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Oh, Battlefield with Kimiko is pretty filthy. Payday and Space Marine are pretty thick with it too, when things go bad.
    You shut your whore mouth.

EDIT:
    I also think this thread should be taken in the most jovial of ways. I always try to play FNF, and I have even purchased Payday to play more games with the awesome community. Having hosts flake out just isn't.... appropriate, I guess? It's a lack of respect for the people you play with. It's not disrespectful, just rude. I think the mentality of 'Oh, it's the internet, no one really cares' is a driving factor of skipping out on your hosting responsibilities. And, as such, they should be flogged.
    Last edited by KymikoLoco; 08-27-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: On topic?

Admin / Midget King
    I really don't see the benefits to this thread, seems like it'll just result in huge amounts of butthurt and drama. If you've got a problem with someone dropping out of hosting FNF matches, don't plan to join their games in the future. If it's a reoccurring problem with one particular user, let Andy know and he can keep them off the front page posts or something. I just can't see the logic in publicly shaming people and expecting it to improve FNF participation. More likely, it would just deter people from volunteering to host in the future. If you want to discuss someone flaking on a FNF, you can post in that platform's weekly planning thread. They might have a legitimate reason why they couldn't be there. But having a central thread for this just feels needlessly douchey to me. Going to shut this down, sorry.