Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 - Get discussing

Actually having two production lines would probably make it more expensive.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    The backwards compatible PS3 was in production alongside the 40 GB model for some time. New backwards compatible bundles were even becoming available well over six months after the 40 GB PS3 went on sale. It still didn't take them too long to give up on it though. It would be dope to have the option but history tells us it's more hassle than Sony is prepared to deal with. I think with removing PS2 compatibility and also Linux support, Sony have made too many revisions to their system this generation, frankly I'm surprised the XMB is still in use. The changes they have made haven't done much good for their reputation so if the PS4 launches with compatibility for PS3 games, I think it will likely stay that way. And if it turns out it isn't backwards compatible, don't bother asking for it because sadly, Sony don't give a fuck.

Still responds to BLOO

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Not bad. Am I really the only one who likes the current DualShock sticks though?

Pwnd
    DEAR ELECTRONICS COMPANIES,

NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS A SCREEN.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    That's not a screen it's a touchpad like on the back of the vita.

Also, digging the gamecube ports on top of that dev kit.

Pwnd
    PAD, SCREEN, DOORMAT, GET RID OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by CVG
    In January, a senior games studio source working on an upcoming Sony game told CVG that the new system's controller has undergone numerous iterations, few of which resemble the DualShock build that has become synonymous with PlayStation. Versions of the new PS4 pad include biometric sensors on the grips and an LCD touch screen, they said.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...umours-emerge/

Still responds to BLOO
    As much as I love the Dualshock(still own a pair of DS1's the same ones that helped me completely own RE3) That new one that is allegedly so looks more ergonomic, something closer to the 360's beauty of a controller.

Pwnd
    I just wish they'd make the sticks tighter. That's all I want for the next controller.

And I really hope that Sony lets people install all of their games. Fuck the whiners who can't wait a couple of minutes to play a game. At least give us a universal install option like on the 360. Killzone 2 wouldn't be so janky on the load times if I had the option to install it.

So now we know what Gakai will be used for (at the start)---it's going be the 'service' that will be
    streaming your PS3 games to you---for all those who care about backwards compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    I just wish they'd make the sticks tighter. That's all I want for the next controller.

And I really hope that Sony lets people install all of their games. Fuck the whiners who can't wait a couple of minutes to play a game. At least give us a universal install option like on the 360. Killzone 2 wouldn't be so janky on the load times if I had the option to install it.
    I think background installs, and the ability to automatically install a game in the background the first time you put the disc in would be handy. Just as an option you can tick somewhere. Especially if installing becomes a default thing with all games.

I am rather looking forward to seeing whatever Sony have on Wednesday. The time is right for them to disappoint me once more.

PS4. On the 20th. 420. There's a joke here somewhere.

There's an announcement on Wednesday?

...you didn't know?

No, must of missed it :S

It's not confirmed to be the PS4, but everyone's pretty much sure it is.

If it isn't PS4 then they're dumb and dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    PS4. On the 20th. 420. There's a joke here somewhere.
    If it was April perhaps.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by thymeparadox View Post
    Not bad. Am I really the only one who likes the current DualShock sticks though?
    I've never had a problem with the the DualShock. My hand has never cramped up from long gaming sessions or anything like that. However, that said, those sticks do look pretty comfy. I'm more concerned with the D-pad. I don't know what it is, but it just looks...off, somehow, from the perfection that is the D-pad on the current controller.

Looks like the D-pad on the Vita. It's really good.