Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Dogs

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Think I'll fire this up once I'm done with Dead Island and Arkham City achievements.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I've been doing all of the side missions and lockboxes and stuff at the moment, I've done a lot of the story but not finished it yet. I love how well they managed to tie the fighting and driving together in sleeping dogs. Also think that all the little mini game typer things (setting bugs, Lock picking, etc) are really well done. I'd been looking forward to sleeping dogs for a while and they didn't disappoint!

Bye-bye, we love you.
    Finally picked this up, looking forward to playing when the kiddo goes to bed.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Finally picked this up, looking forward to playing when the kiddo goes to bed.
    Here's a fact about Sleeping Dogs: It's rad.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    Here's a fact about Sleeping Dogs: It's rad.
    I would have loved this game if I had discovered it at thirteen years old. As it is, it is merely entertaining for a few hours or so.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Yeah I have put around 8 hours into the game and, sadly, it has lost its touch.

Still I hope to rip through the story line at some point as it is still a fun game

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I would have loved this game if I had discovered it at thirteen years old. As it is, it is merely entertaining for a few hours or so.
    Really?? This is the first (and only) sandbox game I have ever beaten. It kept me engaged from start to finish.

I hope the alluded sequel isn't released until next gen, when they can better populate the city with a more realistic amount of cars on screen, throw in even MORE enter-able buildings, make the great melee into a deeper experience with more options and tactics, and even more open world, sandbox activities to do between story/side missions.

But I really love this game.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    I hope the alluded sequel isn't released until next gen, when they can better populate the city with a more realistic amount of cars on screen, throw in even MORE enter-able buildings, make the great melee into a deeper experience with more options and tactics, and even more open world, sandbox activities to do between story/side missions.

Also, the ability to hi-jack airplanes/helicopters would have been sweet.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    The sequel needs more karaoke.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    Really?? This is the first (and only) sandbox game I have ever beaten. It kept me engaged from start to finish.
    Ahh, I was mostly just trolling that time. The game is actually pretty great.

I got a little bored the other day when I played it, but then again I've already finished it once. Plus I just wrapped up another 110 hour playthrough of New Vegas. So yeah, I've kinda filled my Xbox quota for the week lol.

Pwnd

I'd like to see some kind of conversational option for Wei. As it is now the only way he can interact with random NPCs is by punching them in the face.

It wouldn't even have to be anything deep. They could add something like the new Spider-man has, where he does a little hand-wave when you press X near someone you just rescued. It's a minor detail but still kind of awesome.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    RDR, Bully and GTA:SA had that. If someone passed you in the street and said something, you could give them a positive or negative response.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I thought it was pretty good, I think the story lost its way toward the end and became a little boring but I still finished it and enjoyed my time with it. Probably wont replay it any time soon though..

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    It's on my Xmas list. It's either this or XCOM: EU.

Tough choice.

DLC!!!!

http://www.destructoid.com/sleeping-...r-235480.phtml

No news on the dlc, but I think I might wait for a GOTY edition and trade up like I did for Arkham City/LA Noire, will do for Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma.

Pwnd
    http://www.destructoid.com/sleeping-...r-235480.phtml

No news on the dlc, but I think I might wait for a GOTY edition and trade up like I did for Arkham City/LA Noire, will do for Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma.
    I'm more excited for the free lucha mask than anything else. "Most powerful weapon and armor"? Dude. Why would I even need that. 90% of the enemies in this game don't use guns, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    RDR, Bully and GTA:SA had that. If someone passed you in the street and said something, you could give them a positive or negative response.
    Yeah, the Saints Row series had that as well. Some of their compliments and taunts were really entertaining too. You could even have your barely clothed stripper do a little dance for the cops before you shot them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I'm more excited for the free lucha mask than anything else. "Most powerful weapon and armor"? Dude. Why would I even need that. 90% of the enemies in this game don't use guns, lol.
    Yeah, those bonus packs don't do much (though 20 missions sounds great), but the undetailed story expansion has me eagerly anticipating.

Pwnd
    Yeah, those bonus packs don't do much (though 20 missions sounds great), but the undetailed story expansion has me eagerly anticipating.
    The SWAT pack with the 20 new missions actually looks pretty great. I'm just wondering why the Tactical Soldier pack is separate. It's a big gun and big armor by themselves, with no new gameplay added. Which is kind of like giving Pac-man an UZI. WTF is he going to do with that.

Something else I wonder about. Remember when Saints Row 3 adopted a similar DLC strategy and everybody thought it was the worst thing ever? There's really not a lot of difference in what they're doing here, is there? Yet this time everyone seems hyped for it. Public perception can be a strange beast sometimes.