Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Dogs

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    So after beating the game, it basically morphs into Burnout Paradise. Finishing up side missions and buying the sports cars, I've unlocked so many new races, it's insane!

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Just downloaded the demo.

Counters seem a little unresponsive, but that's probably because it doesn't like me spamming X and hoping it suddenly responds to Y, but other than that...I was pretty damn impressed with the detail and the loose control (reminds me of Alan Wake's responsiveness, actually). Didn't think the 360 version was going to look all that good, but they got a lot in there.

It's intentionally unresponsive if you spam counter, as in you go to an animation and stay there for a second to punish you for spamming counter. So don't spam counter.

There are so many touches I didn't expect, considering this is a mash up of other games/genres. Despite guns being a rarity outside of missions, you can still make traffic stop by pointing your gun at cars, there's a special hijack amination with your gun drawn, jumping off of a motorcycle with a gun causes you to do a slow motion skid where you can aim while flying through the air, and the way you release a hostage at gun point is by shooting them in the leg! All of those actions and animations really caught me by surprise, as I figured they had to make concessions to improve the melee combat in the engine.

Also, I finally got around to plucking in the code for Amazon's preorder bonus - hot damn! The mission is essentially a repeatable, survival horde mode against monks that are capable of countering your attacks. I was able to take out around 40, but their counters are painful! That must be what the thugs think of Wei. If it weren't for Face Time HP regeneration, I'd be dead before ten!

Instead of cars and clothes, I'd love to see some mission packs and/or sandbox activities DLC be announced. There's still lots of thugs defending lockboxes and races for me to beat in the meantime.

Anyone with a PS3 copy that's interested in leaderboard competition, feel free to friend me on PSN; I'm Arttemis. None of my few friends on that platform have this game, and I'd have a blast competitively replaying missions or wacky things like most jump kicks in a single fight.

[Level 2: Human]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    There are so many touches I didn't expect, considering this is a mash up of other games/genres. Despite guns being a rarity outside of missions, you can still make traffic stop by pointing your gun at cars, there's a special hijack amination with your gun drawn, jumping off of a motorcycle with a gun causes you to do a slow motion skid where you can aim while flying through the air, and the way you release a hostage at gun point is by shooting them in the leg! All of those actions and animations really caught me by surprise, as I figured they had to make concessions to improve the melee combat in the engine.

Also, I finally got around to plucking in the code for Amazon's preorder bonus - hot damn! The mission is essentially a repeatable, survival horde mode against monks that are capable of countering your attacks. I was able to take out around 40, but their counters are painful! That must be what the thugs think of Wei. If it weren't for Face Time HP regeneration, I'd be dead before ten!

Instead of cars and clothes, I'd love to see some mission packs and/or sandbox activities DLC be announced. There's still lots of thugs defending lockboxes and races for me to beat in the meantime.

Anyone with a PS3 copy that's interested in leaderboard competition, feel free to friend me on PSN; I'm Arttemis. None of my few friends on that platform have this game, and I'd have a blast competitively replaying missions or wacky things like most jump kicks in a single fight.

I'll add you man. You seem cool plus you're a fellow AC and Metal Gear fan. I could use a new war buddy in Peace Walker.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Cock fights and kareoke; two unexpected yet awesome additions.

If there was dlc for more songs I'd consider buying it.

SPOILERS

It was somewhat evident from the outset that Jackie was gonna die, he was way too wet behind the ears, and when he spoke at length about ending his gangster career and going legit that basically meant he was gonna die horribly later on.

A nice touch was when he gets bundled into the van that you chase after, you open the door hoping he's not dead and he's just kicking the shit out if the 18k guy!

END OF SPOILERS

[Level 12: CHET]
    The spoiler tag is why protects us from spoilers....

Good thing I'm enjoying the gameplay....

[Level 12: CHET]
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    Cock fights and kareoke; two unexpected yet awesome additions.

If there was dlc for more songs I'd consider buying it.

SPOILERS

Spoiler!

END OF SPOILERS
    I loved the story to this game and i felt like the game had just the right length. If it had been any longer, I think it would have lost a lot of its meaning and been drawn out.

Spoiler!

[Level 5: Mech]
    I'm stuck on something and need you'se guys help. Its one of those help missions and some dude lost a race and said a guy cheated, had a bus hit him or some shit. So there is a rice rocket to jump on and it leads me to these warehouse/dock place with like 45 seconds to spare and I can't find how to get to the fuckin guys car!

Anyone of you'se know which mission I'm talkin about and where the fuck to go?

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG420 View Post
    I'm stuck on something and need you'se guys help. Its one of those help missions and some dude lost a race and said a guy cheated, had a bus hit him or some shit. So there is a rice rocket to jump on and it leads me to these warehouse/dock place with like 45 seconds to spare and I can't find how to get to the fuckin guys car!

If I'm correct there's another entrance if you keep going further, but if that doesn't work you can get out of your car and run through the warehouse to get to the car. It takes really good timing but I would just keep at it. It took me about 5-7 tries but I got it.

I'm gonna try tonight see if I can figure this shit out. Thanks.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    So after beating the game, it basically morphs into Burnout Paradise. Finishing up side missions and buying the sports cars, I've unlocked so many new races, it's insane!
    Nice, I was wondering if I should complete all the side missions first, or just power through the game and go back to side missions later.

I fucking love the races and side missions and gang wars, but man, I just want to beat this game. Probably will tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG420 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SebyJ View Post
    If I'm correct there's another entrance if you keep going further, but if that doesn't work you can get out of your car and run through the warehouse to get to the car. It takes really good timing but I would just keep at it. It took me about 5-7 tries but I got it.
    I have not had that mission yet, but sounds fun. I love the missions where you have to beat the shit out of the cheater's car. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I have not had that mission yet, but sounds fun. I love the missions where you have to beat the shit out of the cheater's car. So much fun.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure its one of those and I found the entrance thanks to a main mission that brings me to the same location or maybe it was one of Tangs car missions...my short term memory is burnt. The GPS doesn't help much and sends you the wrong way. You have to drive up a few 100 feet more and there is a ramp you have to make a U-turn into. So if I get to play toonight I'm gonna try to get that mission done.

Beat it late last night...or early this morning. Either way, that fucking game rules. I would love to play it on the PS3 just for the trophies. Playing on the PC doesn't give me any reason to complete the game 100%.

Admin / Midget King
    I have so many unfinished games, but this looks so damn good.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    I have so many unfinished games, but this looks so damn good.
    It's not that long either. I did most of everything including the side stuff in around thirty-something hours, I think? You could probably blow through just the main story in a weekend if you want.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    It's not that long either. I did most of everything including the side stuff in around thirty-something hours, I think? You could probably blow through just the main story in a weekend if you want.
    I'm probably going to pick it up today. Everything I've seen of it so far looks goooood. PS3 or 360 differences?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    I'm probably going to pick it up today. Everything I've seen of it so far looks goooood. PS3 or 360 differences?
    No difference that I know of but then again I'm not the best person to ask. I don't even have a PS3 lol. Looks pretty awesome on 360 though.

The only valid observation I have is that I like the Wal-mart version. It sucks how they printed the exclusive preorder tag as part of the box art instead of using a sticker, but the included undercover cop car is the best vehicle in the game. It's among the fastest and it looks great. The skill to get weapons from trunks of police cars seems like it would apply as well, but I haven't unlocked that ability so Idk for sure.