Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Origins

Still responds to BLOO

Marvel vs Capcom: Origins

GAMES INCLUDED:

I need to learn that War Machine infinite homies would do on me back in the day.

Honkey Kong
    INb4 KD is FREE.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Day 1 purchase. MvC1 is going to get rocked for awhile.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I plan on getting it. Just nobody ask me "what are you doing when you just stand there doing nothing?" I'm eating a fruit roll-up, that's what.

I'm definitely picking this up. I remember writing down moves and supers for MvC1 on an index card and bringing it with me on vacation to play in the arcade. Those were the days.

Bringer of Truth
    Marvel vs Capcom: These Idiots Will Buy it Again Edition

Still responds to BLOO
    I'm pretty sure Clownbaby's continually existence trolls reality and is the wall of idiocy that keeps people backwards

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you go give a flawed game like Gears 3 a 10/10 on dual-dildoes or whatever that site was called.

Bringer of Truth
    I'm pretty sure Clownbaby's continually existence trolls reality and is the wall of idiocy that keeps people backwards
    Is this a sentence?

Still responds to BLOO
    It's the truth

Not even grammar nazi shit is going to save you now

You're done son

Bringer of Truth
    Whatever. Buy this and then complain after it comes about how Capcom keeps raping you, but you keep opening your butthole and inviting them in.

Still responds to BLOO
    This doesn't have Character DLC or an expansion 8 months later.

It's a fucking port of two arcade games.

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 1: CLASH OF HEROES EX TURBO is not going to happen.

Iron Galaxy is porting it over, same people who did the 3rd strike port. I'm okay with helping them doing the lord's work with a couple of bucks from my wallet.

How many people bought this the first time it came out for PS1? How many people will buying it "again"? MvC1 was out when arcades were still big and I wouldn't have even considered it. Also, online is now a thing.

Honkey Kong
    I'm buying it because I love the Marvel VS series. Plus, depending on the cost, they can't rape us with on-disc DLC and other shitty practices.

INb4 Bloo pays for a color pack that let's him look like a Laker.

I'll pick it because I've never owned it before and always remember it being awesome in arcades. Also, HD and online are awesome.

Bringer of Truth
    I still own it on PS1 and played it at an arcade not too long ago. It's good but WAY different than the series turned into and not as good as nostalgia will have you remember. It's not bad and was definitely good for its time though.

Honkey Kong
    Never really got to mess with these so it'll be worth it for me for the learning experience and something new.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    To be fair though, you do suck at fighting games and really don't know how it feels when it's played the way you're supposed to play it.

I play the game on an emulator every so often and it plays just as well as any fighter from that time. The speed of the game allows for a decent flow on offense while lending itself to combos that are easier in execution than in MvC2. If anything, scrubs should love this game because of how easy it is to play.

No offense.

Honkey Kong
    y u haet me KD?

Bringer of Truth
    MvC was amazing in the arcades. The one near me had it set to a quarter and there were tournaments all the time. I was crazy young so I didn't get into combos or anything too much (hell, nobody did) but it was great.

Strider is dabess BTW.

Last time I tried to play it though it's incredibly short (I think you only do 6 fights and then Onslaught, might be wrong though) and VERY slow. Not just compared to MvC2/3 (2 is at least three times faster than it) but compared to most other fighters out there. But health goes pretty quickly so each hit is pretty drastic.

Assists were random in these also. MvC had a secret thing on the consoles (not sure if it existed in arcades) where you could hold certain button combinations to get particular people though.

PS: better memorize how to get Gold War Machine, Hyper Venom, Orange Hulk, Lillith, Shadow Lady and Roll.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by KD_Alpha View Post
    To be fair though, you do suck at fighting games and really don't know how it feels when it's played the way you're supposed to play it.

I play the game on an emulator every so often and it plays just as well as any fighter from that time. The speed of the game allows for a decent flow on offense while lending itself to combos that are easier in execution than in MvC2. If anything, scrubs should love this game because of how easy it is to play.

No offense.
    Were you talking to me? I don't suck at fighting games just because I don't spend hours online analyzing all the frame data and playing it all day. If I put any time into it at all I'd be good at any of them, but playing fighting games online doesn't interest me at all.

"the way you're supposed to play it"