Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: iPhone, iOs, and Android games thread

[Level 2: Human]
    So what kind of features do you guys look for in a game? Storyline? Immersion? PvP? Derp fun?

Full disclosure: I make mobiles games

Calvin

I have discovered Epic Stickman on Amazon App Store. It is amazing and you should all get it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I should download some sort of mobile game as someone with a (semi-newly acquired) smart phone and a liking toward video games.

knows stuff and things.
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_Calvin View Post
    So what kind of features do you guys look for in a game? Storyline? Immersion? PvP? Derp fun?

Full disclosure: I make mobiles games
    Usable controls. Solve that problem first.

Seriously, though: On a mobile device I look for fun first, then story line. In fact, mobile I play more puzzlers, coffeebreak style games than on my laptop or console.

I was really looking forward to Final Fantasy: All The Bravest coming out on IPhone this week, was totally ready to buy it straight away... thank god I checked the reviews beforehand!

It looks and sounds like the most shameless cash in on nostalgia ever.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    So, Super Hexagon finally released on Android. It's been about 24 hours since I've downloaded it and I'm hopelessly addicted, celebrating every half second I gain above my previous best. I knew I would like this game, but DAMN. I kinda feel guilty buying it on sale.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanderBot View Post
    So, Super Hexagon finally released on Android. It's been about 24 hours since I've downloaded it and I'm hopelessly addicted, celebrating every half second I gain above my previous best. I knew I would like this game, but DAMN. I kinda feel guilty buying it on sale.
    Yeah, now that I've gotten to play it I finally understand why iOS users were flipping their shit for it last year. It's a steal at 99 cents.

Also grabbed Ant Raid, which is a cute casual RTS where you control ants and fight off zombified bees, snails, worms, and beetles.

Titles are for jerks.
    The Simpsons: Tapped Out is really cool. Like The Sims but with The Simpsons. And Outwitters is a turnbased strategy game that looks really simple but is extremely addicting. There's a Ghostbusters game that is fun, and Phoenix Wright is amazing as usual.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Been playing anomaly warzone earth or whatever and plague inc, both are recommended

Oh, Super Hexagon is on Android? Neat. Perhaps that will be my first Android game.

Hoping Writer Rumble will be coming over soon.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    I like Mayas & Aliens.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Oh, Super Hexagon is on Android? Neat. Perhaps that will be my first Android game.
    It's only $.99 for a limited time, so grab it soon!

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Mutant Mudds is free today and tomorrow on iOS.

Anyone on Android play Rebuild? Fantastic SimCity/Zombie Apocalypse

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] bruteforcegames's Avatar

dtoiddisco

We are about to release an iOS game for the iPhone and iPod touch called Star Drop. We'll have announcements and a release date soon. There's a website at www.bruteforcegames.com.

Though in the meantime I'm actually looking for a puzzle game to play myself (when I'm not playing Star Drop, that is!). Any suggestions? I like to avoid "cartoony" games. I'd love to see someone make a game like Braid for iOS.

~Michael The Brute

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Downloaded Zombie Minesweeper the other day , which is far more awesome than it sounds. You play a girl running through a minefield trying to evade/shoot/blow up zombies while also trying to find mines on the level minesweeper style. Really intense and hectic. Plus luring zombies to step on mines is always good for a laugh. It's on sale on Google Play right now for 99. Probably on iTunes too.

Another game I downloaded is 7x7. A match four puzzle game where you drag blocks on a 7x7 grid to match four. Not the most original game, but it's still fun and also free.

Honkey Kong
    For anyone who hasn't played 10,000,000 do it. Yes it costs money but it's worth every penny. So far it's the only Android game I've bought and would love a sequel.

Admin / Midget King
    Basically a retro Puzzle Quest? Adding that to my wishlist for later.

Current Android Humble Mobile Bundle has some great stuff. Contre Jour, Anomaly Korea, Plants vs. Zombies, Bladeslinger, and if you beat the average (currently $5.58) you get Metal Slug 3, The Room, Funky Smugglers, Raiden Legacy, and Another World/Out of this World. Plus soundtracks, plus monies for the children.

Honkey Kong
    It has the same idea as Puzzle Quest but it's more streamlined. You can upgrade stuff before dungeon runs and then gather more materials through the runs for more upgrades. It has a neat life/time system though, unlike anything I've played before.

[Level 6: Robot]
    humble bundles have been the way to go for me lately, super hexagon is a motherfucker though, if i last for 10 seconds i feel accomplished

(that's what she said)

Admin / Midget King
    Got 10000000 and Ridiculous Fishing. Both live up to the hype.