Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Really? =/
    I see what you're getting at but I dunno, I just don't think of the Lovecraft stuff as particularly sexual.
    Last edited by Panzadolphin56; 01-07-2013 at 09:07 AM.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Not all of it, just one or two of what you posted.

Shane nailed it when he said Lovecraft stuff wasn't really ever meant to be visual, at least not in the Cthulhu mythos. The biggest part of it was that the actual sight of such indescribable horrors would remake your mind into an unsane nonthing.

Yeah, he's right, I just enjoy the art generally.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Also, everything Dean Stockwell ever did was awesome. Haven't seen this but would love to. Looks like it might be even better than The Satanic Rites of Dracula, which is one of my long time favorites.
    The Dunwich Horror was solid, especially for its time. Nothing too special though.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    An American Werewolf in London!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    I was just reminded they remade The Thing in 2011. Anyone see that?
    Not a remake. It's a prequel set at the Norwegian base the American crew in the Carpenter version referenced and scoped out. It's actually pretty good, though there's unfortunately too much goofy CGI. The nods and ties to the first movie are pretty well done, and this one ends right were the Carpenter movie begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    The Dunwich Horror was solid, especially for its time. Nothing too special though.

An American Werewolf in London!

Not a remake. It's a prequel set at the Norwegian base the American crew in the Carpenter version referenced and scoped out. It's actually pretty good, though there's unfortunately too much goofy CGI. The nods and ties to the first movie are pretty well done, and this one ends right were the Carpenter movie begins.
    Haha, you mean the part where the whole thing could have been averted if it weren't for a language barrier?

Beast Master
    Language barrier, plus the one dude just started grabbing grenades. Even if he was speaking perfect English that wouldn't have gone over too well.

That's actually a complaint folks have with the prequel, they shoehorn in some Americans at the Norwegian base. It didn't bother me though, they explain it well enough in the context of the movie and it is just that, a movie. There were still plenty of non-English speakers for the realists out there.

Beast Master

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Was going to comment on The Thing prequel question but ZP pretty much summed it up. I'll just add that I liked it more than I thought it would, and I'm glad to have seen it.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    My favorite is still that huge thing from the end of The Mist. That was so awesome.

Loved that movie.

PS - That clip just reminded me that both Andrea and Dale from The Walking Dead were in it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    +1 for loved that movie. Such a good ending.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Always hated that music though. Sounds like the composer just ripped off Munich's score. I never thought it really fit the film.

Ooh, there's a nightmare fuel thread now? That's my jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
    Ooh, there's a nightmare fuel thread now? That's my jam.
    Great minds thinking alike?? (one page back)

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    +1 for loved that movie. Such a good ending.
    I can kind of understand why they gave up hope when they saw the giant Cthulhu monster, it being so mind-blowingly awesome and all, yet their reaction doesn't make sense from a tactical standpoint.

It's not like that thing would have ever noticed them, and the smaller monsters would either be eaten by it or they'd follow wherever it was going. If Tom Jane had been thinking clearly that would have been the moment where he said "hey guys, I see how we can survive this!"

Great minds thinking alike?? (one page back)
    Further proof that the Dtoid forums cause psychic powers. We're all on the same wavelength now!

Thinking clearly is sooooo boring.

Pwnd
    Thinking clearly is sooooo boring.
    It can be. The worst part is how it leaves you at a disadvantage, with clear minded people usually being in the minority. Sometimes it's necessary to go along with the same illusions and preconceptions as everyone else. Jesus, Socrates, Martin Luther King...some of the greatest men who ever lived would've been happier if they had just gone along with the program. Well maybe not "happy" but they'd have lived longer.

Of course this has fuck all to do with Giant Cthulhu lol. I'm just being contemplative atm, I guess. Also,

Spoiler!

[Level 8: Skynet]

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    OH SHIT! Almost spit on my monitor.