Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Fuel

[Level 5: Mech]

Unico Island of Magic - Lord Kuruku

I remember watching this as a child and not understanding why a cartoon, something I had come to see as a bastion of wonder and happiness would be so dark and horrifying.

When I slept, I had dreams I was taken to this cold, dark place and I was utterly alone.

Pwnd

I no longer place value on humanity.

That made me think about body horror and specifically people transforming into insects violently. Like in The Fly.

Is that a thing somebody's done art for or am I just imagining stuff?

Pwnd

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post

inb4 Used posts dead things :P
    Sheeeiittt. I haven't posted in here since page 3 or 4. I was hoping this would be the opposite of the random pics/gifs thread and we kept things new or at least no repeats within the thread, but those hopes were dashed quickly. Maybe I just expected too much, being the internet and all. Now I'm going to go back through the 12 or so pages I missed, hopefully there's something new to me.

Pwnd
    Well good luck with that.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Sheeeiittt. I haven't posted in here since page 3 or 4. I was hoping this would be the opposite of the random pics/gifs thread and we kept things new or at least no repeats within the thread, but those hopes were dashed quickly. Maybe I just expected too much, being the internet and all. Now I'm going to go back through the 12 or so pages I missed, hopefully there's something new to me.
    Yeah, I miss your posts.

(I wonder if I'll ever regret saying that).

Pwnd
    That thing about the repeats is a little unrealistic though. It's not like people are going to scan thirty pages every time they post a gif. What, did someone post the bat/devil thing already? I probably did, didn't I.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Somebody tell me a scary story.

Pwnd
    Alright, this is pretty scary. You know what you have when you see hoofprints with a ditch in between them?

Spoiler!

----

Also just remembered to post a few other things;

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    That made me think about body horror and specifically people transforming into insects violently. Like in The Fly.

Is that a thing somebody's done art for or am I just imagining stuff?
    I really don't know what that is. Seems kinda Lovecraftian to me though. Kafkaesque even.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
    I watched this on my Xbox last night and it locked up right on the part where the baby starts puking on itself. Laughed my ass off, it was so bizarre and silly how it just stuck there.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    That thing about the repeats is a little unrealistic though. It's not like people are going to scan thirty pages every time they post a gif. What, did someone post the bat/devil thing already? I probably did, didn't I.
    Considering this is a new, smaller thread with a specific theme you wouldn't think it would be that hard. This doesn't come off as a thread like the others where you just post whatever new thing you came across on the internet while ignoring all the other posts in the thread. It's specific enough and small enough to work. Imo.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Considering this is a new, smaller thread with a specific theme you wouldn't think it would be that hard. This doesn't come off as a thread like the others where you just post whatever new thing you came across on the internet while ignoring all the other posts in the thread. It's specific enough and small enough to work. Imo.
    Thing is, if we pressure people into posting the way we want them to post, they're likely to stop posting altogether. I'd rather have the occasional repeat or shit post than crickets, y'know?
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-17-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: changed "you" to "we"

Honkey Kong
    Sure, which is why I just ignored the thread instead of saying anything for a long while. Just my personal goal really as I thought the idea for the thread original enough to warrant a little extra care going into making sure it didn't become 500+ pages of content repeated over and over again.

Pwnd
    By the time it gets to that point nobody's going to read the whole thing at once. I thought so anyway, but you're the second person I've seen do that recently. The new guy from Norway (UglyCasanova) did the same thing in Random Pictures just like, last week. I read almost the entire forum on a daily basis myself so yeah, it's not that uncommon I guess.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    This fucking movie...

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. 2500 kilometers of mostly dead end tunnels comprising a catacomb system? Dark Souls II guys, you hear that? That's called your next skeleton level, have at it. God the fun they could have with that, could you imagine?

So, like... what happened to all the stuff that was actually scary? The last few pages I skimmed were all most just quasi-weird/gross stuff, but nothing legitimately frightening that actually lives up to this thread's namesake. I'll be honest, the first few pages of this thread DID succeed in giving me some fuckin' nightmares, and it was mostly the stories (Damn you Rake!) Now it's like... clips from old scary movies that were relevant when we were younger (Every scary movie was scary when I was 10. Now, most of them are cheap laughs at even cheaper effects >.> ) or stuff you would see in a Tool video. Come on guys, I know you can do better, I've seen it!

I know I'm mostly just being a nit-picking asshole right now, because afterall, I've contributed fuck-all to this thread (I just don't know any good stuff), but I guess, ultimately, I'd really just like to see this thread get back on track with some legitimately frightening stuff. Alright, that's it, good day to you gents.

<Edit> Alright, I gotta bite my tongue on that one. I just actually watched that film clip Gorilla, and I gotta admit, that seems like it could be a VERY creepy movie. Whoever was directing did a great job. I guess the first thing I thought when I saw Kyoshi was Kyoshi Island, and I can't be scared of that place xD The sound effects are really what made it go to that next level though, kudos to those guys.

Honkey Kong
    Gonna write some OC for this thread. Will try to have the first one up by the end of the week.