Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Fuel

Pwnd
    That's some serious Twin Peaks shit right there -- fuck, wasn't that midget actually in Twin Peaks? Idklol.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I consider it scary because he never made it to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    we sposed to be creeped out cus its a naked dude?

sexist
    I know, right?

That said, if that was randomly in a game with absolutely no explanation that would be totally creepy.

[Level 5: Mech]
    What's with people being afraid of midgets? I've never understood that, and I myself am a fairly tall man.

[Level 8: Skynet]

the valley of golden magical singing cheeses
    shit

gives me the creeps...

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunchk1n View Post
    Reminds me of some of the shit I do with my daughter's dolls.

This is nightmare fuel. And yes, I did intend to link the Mountain Dew Challenge video. I really do think the concept of doing it is that bad.

mens sana in corpore sana

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    fuck you, that is truly disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    fuck you, that is truly disturbing
    good

This kind of body always scares me. i might have been traumatized by "Akira"...all these pulsating veins...irk

There's been worse stuff since Akira, mostly because of the improving production values in anime, can't name anything off the top of my head.

Sure, but i was about 8 when I saw it the first time

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but you guys ever heard of the Odessa Catacombs?

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...-catacomb-maps

It's a giant catacombs 'system', consisted of twenty five hundred kilometers of tunnel, most of them leading to nowhere.

This part really creeped me out:

In 2005 a girl who was partying with her friends in the catacombs, got separated, and died after three days of wandering through the tunnels. It took two years for the police to finally locate, and retrieve the body
    I just imagine the despair of being lost in a dark and strange place, with no food, water, screaming and no one hearing you and then just giving up, lay on the ground and wait to die... man, what a horrible feeling. There's a picture of her found body going around the web, but I believe it wouldn't be nice to post it.

Pwnd
    Good call Polite. I don't think anyone wants Nightmare Fuel to degenerate into the dead thing thread.

inb4 Used posts dead things :P

Anyway, yeah, in a situation like that fear only makes things worse. You might make it out if you keep a level head but freaking out would guarantee your death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Good call Polite. I don't think anyone wants Nightmare Fuel to degenerate into the dead thing thread.
    Yeah, I certainly wouldn't like that either.

Anyway, yeah, in a situation like that fear only makes things worse. You might make it out if you keep a level head but freaking out would guarantee your death.
    Indeed. In her case, she was partying with some friends, so I assume she wasn't quite sober, which would only make things worse.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Polite Gentleman View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but you guys ever heard of the Odessa Catacombs?

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...-catacomb-maps

It's a giant catacombs 'system', consisted of twenty five hundred kilometers of tunnel, most of them leading to nowhere.

This part really creeped me out:

I just imagine the despair of being lost in a dark and strange place, with no food, water, screaming and no one hearing you and then just giving up, lay on the ground and wait to die... man, what a horrible feeling. There's a picture of her found body going around the web, but I believe it wouldn't be nice to post it.
    Reminds me of that shitty Catacombs movie (Starring Pink!) that came out years ago only that was about the catacombs in Paris, not the Ukraine:

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Want to experience some nice nightmare fuel in person? Live near/traveling by Philadelphia? Check out the Mutter Museum of Medical Oddities. [The Odessa Catacomb post reminded me of this museum. I went there for a field trip in high school.]

The funny thing is that I was reading this Cracked article called The 7 Most Horrifying Museums on Earth, and the place I went to for a high school field trip (Adv. Biology) made #1. (Not too surprised though.)

Other terrible places I went to for a field trip: Dave & Busters, and a Raw Sewage Processing Facility

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboKill View Post
    Want to experience some nice nightmare fuel in person? Live near/traveling by Philadelphia? Check out the Mutter Museum of Medical Oddities. [The Odessa Catacomb post reminded me of this museum. I went there for a field trip in high school.]

The funny thing is that I was reading this Cracked article called The 7 Most Horrifying Museums on Earth, and the place I went to for a high school field trip (Adv. Biology) made #1. (Not too surprised though.)

Other terrible places I went to for a field trip: Dave & Busters, and a Raw Sewage Processing Facility

The Mutter Museum! I have their coffee table book!