Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ZombiU

Beard Master

ZombiU

Beast Master
    Ali D tryin' to upgrade his Thread of the Day badge, I see how it is.

I loved the video, and I love the fact that Ubisoft is coming out of the gate with a mature rated, survival horror game. But what really sold me on this game is what I read from the press release:

This fear-fueled first-person shooter takes all the terror, chaos and tension found in the best of the horror genre and adds original interactive elements, including a unique death mechanic that puts players in the body of a different survivor each time they die, allowing them to track and take down their old, infected characters, recover their equipment and see if they can stay alive just a little bit longer this time.

I can't wait to get turned in to a zombie, then come back as a random survivor and then hunt down my old self (now a zombie), shoot my old self in the head and take my shit back.

The Wii-U can't get here fast enough!

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    It looked really, really cool until I saw the name. At that point I understood what direction they are heading with it. I feel like this is going to be Dead Island all over again.

ZombiU.. what a terrible fucking name

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    The game looks fun, but the implementation of the gamepad worries me. Having to constantly look down at it/hold it up to the screen while zombies be bitin' yo shit just seems like a terrible idea.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I don't understand why no one complains about the exact same feature in the ds, but it's a massive problem for the wii u.

Beast Master
    What feature, the extra screen? The one that's immediately below the other screen, both of which are in your hands, that you're looking at the entire time you're playing the DS?

Looking down at your hands isn't hard.

I am buying this game for sure, can't wait!!!!! I just wish I could seem some more trailers, of the game, and some actual gameplay footage. :P

On the gametrailers stream, they mentioned it's survival horror with permadeath and roguelike element's in that each character you have gets skills and you lose them upon death. Items you collect on one guy can be found later on another survivor if you happen to die.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Is it open world then?

[Level 6: Robot]
    This does look like one of the best things Wii U has right now. I am wondering how the multiplayer will be like, though (it's ubisoft and a zombie game, there will be multiplayer).

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRemedy View Post
    Looking down at your hands isn't hard.
    It's not and I'm not complaining, just explaining that there's a big difference. This is really more of an evolution of the GBA connectivity with the GCN.

I see your point. Good show chap.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    I see ZP did all my work for me.

LIKE A BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post

LIKE A BITCH
    Except your point was.

"The game looks fun, but the implementation of the gamepad worries me. Having to constantly look down at it/hold it up to the screen while zombies be bitin' yo shit just seems like a terrible idea."

Part of that is intended by the developers and as I said, it's not hard to look down.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post

LIKE A BITCH
    It happens.

Game looks AMAZING!!!! Though, I am a little disappointed in the graphics, and am worried about how many zombies will be available on screen at once. Thankfully, I do not care TO much about graphics, and am greatly looking forward to this game. Thanks for the video link. :P

I think having to look down or to use the touch pad on the controller adds a level of stress, which I want to believe was intended by the developers. In all of the videos so far when you go to the touch screen to do anything you are in a stressful moment, having to dig through your survival pack seems to add a new level of tension.

Maybe I'm reading waaaay too much in to all of this. Personally, I like the direction this game is taking and will definitely be picking it up day one.