Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rayman Legends

Beard Master

Rayman Legends

Looks like this is indeed a real game and a Wii U exclusive. Still need to play Rayman Origins myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    Looks like this is indeed a real game and a Wii U exclusive. Still need to play Rayman Origins myself
    Game is not an exclusive to Nintendo. But none the less, the game does look interesting, mostly the co-op features. Looks like a nice game I can play with my Wife. :P

I don't think this game is an exclusive to Nintendo anymore. :P But, I am actually looking forward to this game. I have never played a Rayman game, and was not really interested in the games, but the co-op for this game just looks awesome. :P Forcing you to work together like that, and watching one another ass, is just to awesome. Also, perhaps it would be a game my wife would be interested in, than I can game for longer. Hahahaha. (Genius.)

Rayman Origins is seriously great. The underwater levels feel like childhood. Great use of 'thread the needle' platforming mechanics. Silver Age of Platformers.

[Level 5: Mech]
    You already know of my massive stiffy to Rayman.

DAY. ONE.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    If this game is not Wii U exclusive, then I'm right there with Epic on day one! Otherwise it will be an automatic purchase whenever I eventually buy a Wii U.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Rayman Origins was great fun. I want to play a lot more soon. Legends looks to be good as well and if it's not exclusive to WiiU I'd definately consider picking it up. But I've seen nothing so far that'd make me shell out for a WiiU.

It'll probably be a timed exclusive for the Wii U, I hadn't heard any mention at all of it coming to anything other than the Wii U as of now.

It's Rayman though, and it will sell like hotcakes so I would definitely expect it to arrive on another device eventually.

I just watched that video of Holmes playing Legends, and the coop looked like a lot of fun and almost worth getting the Wii U for it. However, they did say that there would also be a single-player, so there's no reason that this can't make it to the other systems.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    It's hard for me to imagine ubisoft holding out on the huge customer base of the PS360 market.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    The image I had hosted is dead but watch the video on dtoid and go to the 56 second marker

http://www.destructoid.com/rayman-le...?s=50#comments

"WIIU Exclusive Content" = only content is exclusive which is probably the whole place a heart on the controller and stuff on screen happens thing.

So on that note, I will be soo buying this for my non WiiU game console!

Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    The image I had hosted is dead but watch the video on dtoid and go to the 56 second marker

"WIIU Exclusive Content" = only content is exclusive which is probably the whole place a heart on the controller and stuff on screen happens thing.

Yeah, as far as I can tell the only thing that you can do differently with the Wii U controller is play as the little flying thing, and that's only when playing multiplayer.

[Level 2: Human]
    reminds me of player 2 on mario galaxy, its one way to single a player out
    hmm the art direction has sort of lost some charm for those graphics, ohwell thats a tiny subjective thing

just realised if a 2d sonic had done the last 2 levels of rayman origins for a game, with all the wall running, problem solved

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    http://www.destructoid.com/rayman-le...le&mode=mobile

Pushed back to September, but releasing on all consoles simultaneously!!!

Day 1, without the need for a new console! Yay!

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    http://www.destructoid.com/rayman-le...le&mode=mobile

Pushed back to September, but releasing on all consoles simultaneously!!!

Day 1, without the need for a new console! Yay!

Called it back in June of 2012, lol.
    Last edited by Mix; 04-26-2013 at 01:36 PM.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] desert dragon's Avatar

Rayman legends challenge app

So I've been getting into the Rayman legends challenge app recently, and with its high score focus, I was thinking that destructoid may be a good place to pool ideas on the best way to approach challenges and such. The only two 'tricks' I've found so far are that doing a running attack then jump will make your character move fastest and that the most of the top tier records are done in multiplayer. Anyone else got any useful tips or advice?

[Level 6: Robot]
    So I thought this thread should be brought up to a more contemporary time.

Downloaded Legends last night and started playing it on my Vita. I've only put in 4-5 hours, but honestly I think it's safe for me to say that this game isn't quite as good as Origins. There's a lot of little changes that were made that I just don't feel were necessary. And the Murphy levels, OH the Murphy levels. It's still a pretty good game, and it's PACKED with lots of content, but it's definitely not the beast that I had thought it might turn out to be.

I heard the Vita version was missing hella levels.

[Level 6: Robot]
    It's not nearly as bad as most sources are making it sound, it's literally missing one game mode (and it's a speed run mode, which I'm not huge on anyway). Nothing else. It's cool that they're releasing it as a free patch later, but I'd be fine either way.