Thread: The Blue Shell Manifesto

[Level 5: Mech]

The Blue Shell Manifesto

So, yeah, I'm still in the podcasting business. A few months ago, I converted my music-and-game-talk show, "WNES", into its current form, "The Blue Shell Manifesto"- mostly the same product, but with better production and a greater emphasis on commentary.

Now that I'm a few shows into this project, I'd like to see about bringing in some contributors from the Destructoid community, specifically for the three-hour E3 recap show I'm doing this Thursday night from 9 PM to midnight Eastern. If you have any kind of opinion about what's been going on at E3, I'd like to bring you in to a live Skype chat.

The show will be in five segments, I'm looking for contributors for each one.
    Sony
    Microsoft
    Nintendo (currently reserved for some others I'm talking with)
    Games (longest, central segment, I'd like to make this one Destructoid-heavy)
    Tech (specs, the multiple-screen craze, and next-gen speculation)

My archives are currently up at blueshellmanifesto.com, and the show airs live on Thursdays at 10:00 PM Eastern (except this week's, which starts at 9:00 PM Eastern) on 8bitx.com. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!

Bumping this since I'll be on the show tonight and you should come listen to me pretend I have a single lonely fucking clue as to what I am ever talking about.

And also because J.T. runs a really good show that deserves way more listeners.

Like, all the listeners.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Bumping this since I'll be on the show tonight and you should come listen to me pretend I have a single lonely fucking clue as to what I am ever talking about.

And also because J.T. runs a really good show that deserves way more listeners.

Like, all the listeners.
    QFT. For real this one time. Not about the...no clue part...but about JT and his show.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    QFT. For real this one time. Not about the...no clue part...but about JT and his show.

66 pageviews yesterday. All of the thanks in the world, dude.

If anyone's still curious- I couldn't do last week's show due to a local pizza place's lackluster health standards. However, there's still plenty of archives, and I'll be back in business next Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by JT Murphy View Post
    66 pageviews yesterday. All of the thanks in the world, dude.

If anyone's still curious- I couldn't do last week's show due to a local pizza place's lackluster health standards. However, there's still plenty of archives, and I'll be back in business next Thursday!
    ... or, maybe not. See, I'm the Program Director now for the station my show runs on, and there's much work to be done as we prepare to stream MAGFest and roll out plenty of new stuff for 2013. My attention has been really divided lately, so it's been tough to juggle everything. So, I can either do a so-so program now, or take care of my station duties now and load up on guests and theme shows for the lead-up to MAGFest.

Much as I hate to do this, I'm choosing the latter. I'll be back on the air November 29, for a bum-rush of five straight shows until MAGFest!

Your pre-event shows (MAGFest in particular) have always been gold! Congrats on Program Director, I assume that's a pretty big leap up?

Well, instead of working on two hours of weekly stream content, I'm now responsible for 168. So, yes!

New show starting in 30 minutes! Music by the X Hunters, My Parents Favorite Music, The Megas, and other MAGFest bands! Isaac, Kickstarter, #1reasonwhy, and more are all on the table tonight. Listen and join in the chat at 8bitx.com!

(hey, gotta shill somewhere.)