Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War: Judgement

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Glad they finally removed grenade tagging
    Grenade tagging grows hair on your little nutsack, bro

Honkey Kong
    Confirmed for sucking ass at Gears 1 and being a Gears 2 noob. Enjoy your sissy kills. Oh wait, they removed it. Enjoy your K/D drop

brb using the obviously OPd BAR.

Found this article:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...-gears-of-war/

This is from the article about the controls:

"People Can Fly has also revamped the control scheme in Judgment to reflect the game's faster, more lethal nature. Weapons can now be swapped with a single button tap, or a press-and-hold move to switch to pistols. Players can still use the traditional, arc-based aiming system for precision grenade tosses, but now they can just tap a button to throw out explosive munitions without that preparatory step."
    Isn't that just blindfiring? Or are they saying you don't need to pull out the nade first to toss it?

Edit: And if this is the new control scheme what is the D-pad going to be used for?

Honkey Kong
    I read somewhere the d-pad is now the TACOM. Sucks as I religiously hold LB to see my teammates/see the enemy through smokes.

Now you will religiously be tossing nades all over the place and using TACOM to switch to shotty and getting chainsawed or retro charged or popped in the head by the BAR.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    lol 360 d pad.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Playing it at a show isn't even close to representative of how it will play with shitty Epic network coding though. As per all Gears, take everything you love and deduct 2 points from each for the amount of laggy bullshit you'll deal with online.
    Oh for sure.

I read somewhere the d-pad is now the TACOM. Sucks as I religiously hold LB to see my teammates/see the enemy through smokes.
    Yep, and yep. Pretty much makes the TACOM useless, since you have to take your finger off the stick to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG420 View Post
    The new control scheme you are describing is scaring me. It's been pretty much the same scheme all 3 games and it's imbedded in my brain. That is going to fuck me up bigtime.
    Only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it, but that's probably because I play games that use Y for weapon switching a lot more than I do for Gears. For the rest of you, though, definitely going to take some brain retraining.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    So... it looks like I'm going to be getting this atrocity of a game. Sorry, used. (Not really tho)

Honkey Kong
    You whore. Let me know how ass it is. But if you do enjoy it COD should be right up your alley

- - - Updated - - -

You whore. Let me know how ass it is. But if you do enjoy it COD should be right up your alley

Still responds to BLOO
    Don't apologize to Used, he ain't even the 3rd best Gears player here. I am the only one on record that went MLG pro in Gears 1, I am the only one who has been de facto top dog on a consistent basis across all the games. I am the only Dtoid Forum authority on the competitive side of Gears of War since 2006. And this game looks to be radically different, now it's a mesh of Gears and COD. Who the fuck knows how it will work, but the truth is Gears as we know it will mostly likely never return if this game does well.

So fuck this game. The series was done anyway, cash grabs are not my thing. Baird was never relatable at all, a rich kid who somehow (against all odds) grew up to be a smart ass bitch that occasional served as plot armor to the COG's batshit insane operations("Fenix you and your men need to get 10+ year old data from your dad's place and somehow find a way out, no we can't help you even if your mission literally means the life or death of us all").

What I'm thinking about is how shameless will they go to try to make him human, maybe his girlfriend was killed in front him, or his parents got their face dickslapped by locust(give him that fake ass batman charm of having his parents killed). Whatever they try, it won't work on me or any other Gears fan who bothered to understand the story and setting in all 3 games.

I haven't read the books, because videogames characters need to be fleshed out in their own god damn medium.
    Last edited by Hector Garfria; 03-16-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Honkey Kong
    So reading some user experiences on this game and people are saying it's like Gears of War 1. I'm calling hype BS but if so that's pretty cool.

Any decent Gears players want to comment on the multiplayer in comparison to 1 and 3?

Hey guys, I used to be a competitive GoW player back late GoW1 through the death of the competitive scene (The competitive scene took a massive hit after the first MLG GoW2 event and never recovered through the already dying competitive console FPS scene unfortunately.). I'll be grabbing the game later and mostly be focusing on the MP, so I'm looking to talk about that. I want to say before hand I'm looking for measured, open minded opinions when I can get some time in though >.< I don't want "change is bad/this isn't the REAL Gears/It's just more like CoD" opinions and just pre-determined hate please. I want people to look at the experience as it's own game to discuss ^_^;

Honkey Kong
    I look forward to your opinions on it but hoping to control the dialogue is a losing battle.

Still responds to BLOO
    So reading some user experiences on this game and people are saying it's like Gears of War 1. I'm calling hype BS but if so that's pretty cool.

That is hype BS, plain and simple. The controls are different, it's impossible to play like past gears, literally. That doesn't mean this game is doomed to be bad, it's just never going to be like we've known it to be 100%.

What you do Usedtabe, is you pretend to be cautious, cave in like the slut that you are, and buy the game anyway. Just like every other whitey who "can't help" their addiction.

Honkey Kong
    Sheeiiiitt. I haven't even considered renting it yet. Might try the demo. Might.

I transcend the weakness that permeates whites of today by emulating whites of yesterday.

Beast Master
    Anyone want to play Colonial Marines with me?

Honkey Kong
    Online population still kicking in that game or is it a ghost town?

Beast Master
    I have no idea, I haven't played it in a couple weeks.

Honkey Kong
    What you been playing?