Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31

Thread: Max Payne 3

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I can never tell with you!

Pwnd
    I know, my parodies of gamers' complaints do that whole Poe's Law thing...gave me a chance to use the gif though! I've been hanging on to that for months.

Also just noticed a stealth element, in the stadium level where you get sniped after delivering the ransom. Once you make it inside there's a part where your partner tells you to wait. I ignored him on my first few attempts and got killed in gunfights. Then this time I waited like he said, and the enemies cleared themselves out by simply moving on to search somewhere else. Wasn't expecting that.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 11-26-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: just had to work stealth in there somewhere, didn't you 47?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That gif makes me Lal...

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Also just noticed a stealth element, in the stadium level where you get sniped after delivering the ransom. Once you make it inside there's a part where your partner tells you to wait. I ignored him on my first few attempts and got killed in gunfights. Then this time I waited like he said, and the enemies cleared themselves out by simply moving on to search somewhere else. Wasn't expecting that.
    Yeah, if you wait at the start, you can avoid killing those guys and the ones that hear the noise. Max mentions that they're just as scared as they are. After that, and just before you reach the first sniper, you can wait out the search from the upper levels. There's still a gunfight, but you buy yourself some time when the upper level mercs come running back.

On Chapter 4, when you reach the jeep, if you wait for the guy grabbing grates to turn around, you can shoot the wood block and kill them without alterting the other guards. Max makes another remark, but its the only bit with stealth. It's not really a stealth game at all, but I liked those little breathers. Too bad you don't see them after the opening act, because the rest is about Max getting the drop on people, rather than finding a way around them.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I haven't played the singleplayer of this game for a few months now. I think I might play it again. I really loved it. And Legend I did that a few times and kept dieing because the kids were alseep and I had the volume low and didn't hear Passos telling me to wait.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Can't believe they're still releasing map packs for this game. Before I sold it, less than 1000 people were playing. Probably couldn't get a full game together on a DLC map if you tried.

They have to release map packs, for the dozen or so mooks that bought season passes.

[Level 5: Mech]
    hahahaaaa...mooks.