Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 3

Pwnd
    They just wanted Jake to stop sending them hate mail.

"WHY YOU MAKE THIS GAME SO FUCKING HARD?! SAVING IS SO MUCH WORK DO IT FOR ME. AND WHY CANT I SEE ENEMY ATTACKS AHEAD OF TIME?! ATB IS SO COMPLICATED MAKE DEAD SPACE TURN-BASED!"

[Level 8: Skynet]
    pfft more like Stasis of OP'd

I used to murder everything in Dead Space 2's opening levels with a mighty wheel chair of death.

An unforgiving checkpoint system is a must for survival horror.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Honestly, I think your opinion will wane once you get to Hoth.
    You just couldn't let me enjoy that smile for 30 fucking seconds, could you?

Pwnd
    I'm never on my best behavior.

So how's the weapons-crafting system? Is it really as in-depth as it sounds, allowing you to create some really cool and unique guns? Or is it a bunch of bullshit?

Pwnd
    Um, I put an assault rifle on top of an assault rifle. Then I put a ripper on top of a ripper.

They're pretty cool.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Last night I made a Force Gun on top of a Force Gun, then when I found the Javelin part I made a Force Gun on top of a Javelin (push 'em back to give you some space and then stick 'em to the wall). Gnarly.

I was unsure about the universal ammo at first, but if it's what was needed to make the crafting system work the most effectively, I'll allow it. Because Isaac Clarke is a fucking engineer and this is what he fucking does.

So far my DLC guns have made making anything irrelevant. I'm sure that'll change later, also sporting a nifty N7 suit!

Pwnd
    "Good men mean well."

"They just don't always end up doing well."

-Isaac Clarke

And I'm sorry, but I can't take seriously a villain with glasses. Just break them shits, Isaac! Then he can't see!!! This bloated-ass game could have been over 50 chapters ago!

Spoiler!

This game is a 5 or 6 at best. It's a super repetitive, bloated, unedited third-person hallway shooter with no remarkable moments that I can ever recall in over 15 hours of playing it. It's still fun to play through as an average shooter, but the whole thing is a sugar rush. I can't see replays being very interesting either, especially when there's nothing more to learn about the story. The only reason that I find myself being drawn to keep playing the game is that I want to know about the world, but that won't be the case during additional playthroughs. There's no atmosphere to go back to and savor either, and all of the characters and codecs seem to subscribe to the "Assholery as Character Depth" school of exposition, meaning that you'll want to spend the least amount of time around them as possible.

I'm also amazed by how uninteresting they made Isaac's character. "Arggghh, shit's fucked up! Angst all up in this bitch!"

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Sounds like it would have been better if they stuck with the slower enemies. Those bum-rushers and way-too-frequent jump-up-and-grab-you moments in the demo really prevented me from getting sucked in at all. That said, without a good story, or developed atmosphere, it doesn't matter what it is; I'm not really interested.

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    So far my DLC guns have made making anything irrelevant. I'm sure that'll change later, also sporting a nifty N7 suit!
    Holy shit, I just googled the video to see what the N7 stuff was about. I think it's pretty telling that the trailer
    is a series of action-packed clips for cross promotional armor from an increasingly action-filled, space-themed, RPG series in an increasingly action-filled, space-themed, Survival Horror series. Ugh, what are genres for anyway?

Pwnd
    If this game stuck to being what it was in the first 3 or so hours, it would have been great. As it is now, it's a Super Troopers/The Thing knock-off that drags on for way too fucking long.

Honkey Kong
    I see the sausages have turned sour and the dildos have gone limp.

Pwnd
    Spoiler!

Also, Isaac Clarke: Beta Male of the Century.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I see the sausages have turned sour and the dildos have gone limp.
    Funny you mention that. If you buy a ten pack of Slim Jim's you get a code for downloadable content for an EA game. Issac was right on the cover.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Funny you mention that. If you buy a ten pack of Slim Jim's you get a code for downloadable content for an EA game. Issac was right on the cover.

<3
    Well then, it sounds like it's more of a case of limp sausages and sour dildos.

Pwnd
    Reminds me of Thanksgiving.

[Level 3: Humanoid] The-TrickyAcid's Avatar
    In the UK we don't even have slim-jims. Well I haven't seen any around at least. As for Dead Space 3, I've been playing it on co-op with my friend and I've just hit chapter twelve. The game consists of quite a bit of back-tracking and so many elevators, too many elevators.

However I think the co-op saves it, It's a fun game and with Carver's co-op missions and the extra content unlocked with him at least it provides a more fuller experience. Downside is that this 'horror-survival' has become an action horror game. Goes for pretty much most horror titles like the route Capcom has taken with Resident Evil now.

And Dead Space 3 seems to be filled with bugs, which I don't understand why weren't fixed during development. You always get the odd glitch here and there in games but DS3 seems to demonstrate it's bugs more frequently. Eitherway I'd still say it's a good game for co-op it can be pretty fun and the weapon customisation is the best feature so far to the series.

So far I'd say it's the most enjoyable out of the three games in the franchise because of the co-op element and it does do it well.

On top of that. Behold the 'DEMON ELEVATOR'. Just click on the 'demon elevator' annotation. I'm doing a co-op let's play for this title and decided to keep in the few humorous glitches throughout my playthrough.

What sort of bugs?

Playing with another friend makes any game more enjoyable. It's just human nature to get thrills together. Does anyone remember the game, Damnation? That game had co-op missions, and even though the game was absolute garbage, it was fun playing it with other people.

That said, I don't think a horror genre is better served by allowing the arrival of an equally capable fighter at any given moment. If two people want to shoot shit together, we have an infinitely more popular genre they can look toward... but hell, at this rate, this and that genre are quickly becoming one and the same.