Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 3

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Why is there a huge spitfest relating to micro transactions in this game today? As far as I'm aware they were already in place for the past game, armour and weapon packs available as an example.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    That was DLC.

Basically, when you go to the shop, you can buy vital upgrades instead of scavaging for them. You see, you have this little bot that scans for hotspots, and when you place it down, depending on how big the signal is, it'll return later with a bunch of resources. In the video I saw, it was something like 10 minutes.

You can't buy certain things until you're at specific points in the game (so you're not overpowered from the start), but this doesn't matter when you start NG+. So, rather than have DLC items that you can't get in the game, EA would like all the lazy people to buy stuff in-game and only for that playthough. You can get everything, anyway, but it takes longer if you don't throw cash their way.

Wait... what? You can buy stuff with real money?

Understood, thanks.

Both are advantages to playing the game but this is going the route of an RPG (of which the name escapes me), where you could buy character level-ups and boost certain stats from the marketplace.

Guess what, guys! I'm not giving EA my money any time soon.

I don't blame you.

It's a shame most FIFA players won't see they've been screwed like this for years with the Ultimate Team bollocks.

Why, what do they do with Fifa?

going to buy two copies

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    ^Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by The-TrickyAcid View Post
    Did you play it with co-op or single player? I played both versions however I felt that the co-op probably saved the game. I did enjoy Dead space 3 playing solo however the co-op element at least gave kind of a more fuller game, with the extra dialogue/scenes. I'd personally recommend it mainly if you have a buddy to play with. But that's just me judging it by the demo.

The weapon customization was probably my favourite feature.
    SP. But like I said, I only got like 20 minutes in before giving up, which was right after the weapon customization bit (which seemed cool enough). I just didn't like the feel of the demo, and I didn't want to spoil what little excitement still remained for the full game so I decided to just back out and I'll rent it like I had planned.

I fucking love Dead Space 1 and 2 more than just about any other games this gen and if they fuck it up I'm going to kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    No, he didn't play co-op, because he backed out of our date.

Usedtabe would never treat me like this.
    Truth.

Pwnd
    I don't see the microtransactions as a big deal. If you're dumb enough to pay for that shit, then you don't deserve to have that money to begin with.

[Level 4: Cyborg] IsolateMutate's Avatar
    THAT ONE PLACE IN SCANDINAVIA NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT
    IMO, it looks way too action oriented for what (again, IMO) Dead Space is supposed to be. It's probably going to be a case of "Well, it's not a bad game, but it barely feels like Dead Space". The micro transactions are just kinda like spilling salt on the wound or whatever - not a huge deal, but it does feel kinda iffy and or out of place.

Honkey Kong
    So it's basically what I said it was going to be from the first trailer?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    I don't see the microtransactions as a big deal. If you're dumb enough to pay for that shit, then you don't deserve to have that money to begin with.
    I don't see them as anything awful, but it does seem like a bit of a bad business decision on EA's part. I suppose it could go either way, though - on one hand, there could be a bunch of morons literally buring into it and proving it a success to EA. On the other hand, it could give them fuckloads of bad PR and turn out to backfire on them.

It looks like it has more excess energy, but Dead Space was always 100% action oriented. It's fun to be a stonecold killer with a steady hand.

Microtransactions aren't intrinsically evil, but when they become commonplace and publisher mandated, game design is taking a backseat to monetization schemes. It might not harm anyone, but I'm not going to hand money over to a publisher who wants to release every game with that mentality. This shit doesn't fit in a survival horror genre, but EA is doing their hardest to alleviate that particular 'problem' of the series.

I think there's some atmosphere lost going from the original Dead Space to "Look, the zombies have guns for some reason!". I suppose it's a lot more complicated than that, but the bottomline is that this just feels a little bro'd up.

You know, when games start adding some kind of multiplayer for you and your bros to bro it up (co-op, in this case) and or just kinda cranks the scale of the action up a little further? You know, like Hitman or Splinter Cell. That's broing up games.

Microtransactions? Who said Dead Space 3 wouldn't be scary?

Quote Originally Posted by IsolateMutate View Post
    I think there's some atmosphere lost going from the original Dead Space to "Look, the zombies have guns for some reason!".
    I'm not disagreeing with that.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    So it's basically what I said it was going to be from the first trailer?
    OMG UR JUST LIKE MISS CLEO