Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 3

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]

Co-op version of the demo, where I just wish Carver would just shut the fuck up. But then I watch the footage where he suffers from his own Marker dementia and how it ties in with the gameplay (he sees weird shit and Issac has to defend him) and I think, "Ooooh, like Kane & Lynch, that kinda works!"

But then I just hate the fact that Carver sees weird shit and shrugs it off to the guy who's been through two outbreaks, went batshit insane, and is now trying to help someone overcome the same thing. Eh, that's really odd writing for me. God, this game is really good at finding ways to make me enjoy it, then piss on my hopes.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    I played about 20 minutes of the demo and turned it off. I was... really not liking it.

Pwnd
    So it looks like this is going to be the last Dead Space guys, given that the future of the franchise depends on how well this game sells, lmao.

After I read the story achievements, I really hope it's the last. I expect people to go into bitching overdrive when:

Spoiler!

Pwnd
    Spoiler!

lmao, well...at least no one will forget that shit.

It was on 360achievements.org's list, and a few others too.

It was called:

Spoiler!

I don't know if they've changed the list since December, and sometimes certain games do to avoid spoilers, but that one was on there.

That's sounds... ridiculous.

Honkey Kong
    It's like how Stephen King's IT was ruined by the enemy being a giant retarded spider. How the fuck do you go from creepy ass shit like the Clown to a giant spider?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    It's like how Stephen King's IT was ruined by the enemy being a giant retarded spider. How the fuck do you go from creepy ass shit like the Clown to a giant spider?
    I always have thought of spiders as good. They catch things and they look cool doing it. They're like the cops of the insect universe.

But yeah, it does seem silly to see them as villainous. imo, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Spoiler!

lmao, well...at least no one will forget that shit.
    iknorite

Pwnd
    Man, you know what though? After replaying Dead Space 1, I finally realized how full of shit the story has been since the beginning.

Spoiler!

Honkey Kong
    I wonder if it will be on the same scale as Chris Redfield QTE punching a giant boulder?

Pwnd
    Damn son, the demo ain't that ​bad.

Honkey Kong
    EA loves to muddy the waters with copycat work. Though I would get a huge laugh from QTE punching that hunk of cheese.

[Level 3: Humanoid] The-TrickyAcid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    I played about 20 minutes of the demo and turned it off. I was... really not liking it.

Did you play it with co-op or single player? I played both versions however I felt that the co-op probably saved the game. I did enjoy Dead space 3 playing solo however the co-op element at least gave kind of a more fuller game, with the extra dialogue/scenes. I'd personally recommend it mainly if you have a buddy to play with. But that's just me judging it by the demo.

The weapon customization was probably my favourite feature.

Pwnd
    No, he didn't play co-op, because he backed out of our date.

Usedtabe would never treat me like this.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Spoiler, I guess.

Did no one else think that Isaac was already mentally broken at the start of the game and just (sub?)consciously blocked the entirety of it? The revelation was equally for the player as it was for the character coming to terms and acknowledging it.

You mean in Dead Space 1?

Yeah, I was just about to reply to Rev and say that's how I understood it - because the marker's supposed to use whatever you're emotionally insecure about in order to manipulate you. So for Isaac it's the fact he hasn't let himself acknowledge that Nicole's dead.

I think the bigger piece of bullshit is how Nicole's face completely changed between 1 and 2. Wtf happened there

The transmission was screwed because the satellite dish was broken. I always thought Kendra found out when she was rooting around in the ship's records, where the original recording was fine; like she was barely one step ahead of Issac.

But since it's all one sided conversations, it's hard to believe that Kendra knew exactly what was going on with Issac. They all saw some weird shit, but that "You're insane!" speech at the end didn't make much sense if he hadn't said a word for last 10 hours.