Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Bringer of Truth
    From what I've read, shockingly the campaign is where they've made the biggest strides.

MP feels like more of the same but different, if that makes sense. If you enjoy it still you will, if you don't like them this one won't change your mind.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Waiting until thursday to pick up my copy, hopefully the MP won't be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by noobspoon View Post
    Waiting until thursday to pick up my copy, hopefully the MP won't be disappointing.
    I've only played two hours or so, but what I did play was pretty fun. I agree with ClownBaby, if you like CoD, you'll probably still have a lot of fun. None of the guns I used felt particularly bad and none of the maps have set my teeth on edge.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I haven't enjoyed the campaign since Call of Duty 4 so i'm not bothered about that aspect really, just wanna have fun with friends in zombie mode and MP.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Gripes:

-Still not crazy about the menu layout and aesthetic
    -Reticle customization has been parred back from Black Ops 1
    -Servers are pretty shit right now; takes a while to get into games
    -Not too many stand-out maps
    -Thought it was lazy how on one of the survival maps all the player characters have almost the exact same Secret Service looking dude skin; Don't see why they couldn't just use the characters from the TranZit campaign
    -Concerning TranZit: Being on the bus sucks because it's so cramped so you're constantly getting trapped in corners by your teammates
    -Hate the use of cut scenes in the campaign; Should have kept everything in first-person
    -No mention of Weaver

Bringer of Truth
    Thoughts on a few of those:

1. Menus are fine, but trying to add something when your 10 points are used up is annoying. Instead of popping that thing up it should just say "not enough points" and let you figure it out from there.
    2. Haven't used enough guns with sights on them to see so no idea.
    3. Agreed. Yesterday my game randomly became version "2.0.-1" and I couldn't get on even though my roommate was online sitting 3 feet away from me. It was fixed though. I haven't had any issues other than that, but I've heard of them which is enough.
    4. Part of this still comes down to not knowing them yet for me. SO MANY ROUTES.
    5/6 - Haven't touched zombies yet
    7. I actually prefer this over MW3's "everything is an infographic" cutscenes. I think they're great so far.
    8. Barely played the campaign though so no idea.

I'm enjoying the game. The weapons all feel vastly different (from category down to specific guns) which is wonderful. SMGs seem to dominate thanks to the mostly CQC maps which is fine by me, I always preferred them.

However LMGs are viable, shotguns are great, and on certain maps snipers dominate (carrier and turbine to be specific. Carrier = ALL SNIPIN). Assault Rifles fit comfortably into any situation but don't dominate any, as they probably should be.

Is it me or does one of the multiplayer announcers sound like Duke Nukem?

The Survival maps I've played in Zombies have all been pretty awful.

Bus Depot is just two areas: the inside of the bus depot and the outside of the bus depot. There's only one door to unlock and after that the only thing to spend points on is the Mystery Box. That's it. There are no perk machines, no Pack-a-Punch, no traps, no secrets, nothing. I'm sure a bare-bones, no frills game of Survival in a small, enclosed maps sounds like a blast to some people but not to me.

Farm is similar in that it's small and uninspired and the only thing to unlock in it is the house the Mystery Box is in. The Town map is bigger than both but there's still not much to it, just a few buildings to unlock with not much in them. Even worse, in all three the mystery box is pretty much available from the get go so reaching it no longer feels like an accomplishment like it did in previous games. Hell you spawn right in front of the Pack-a-Punch machine in Town. There aren't even any special enemies or events in any of the maps. It really feels like they put most of their time and effort into the TranZit campaign with Survival being an afterthought and Grief being a last minute addition.

Just one of the vanilla Black Ops I Survival maps puts all the Black Ops II survival maps to shame. Hell, "Five" and Kino der Toten puts the entire Zombie game mode in Black Ops II to shame. If Treyarch wants any more of my money then they'd better step it up with the DLC maps.

[Level 5: Mech]

I'm loving it so far, and I didn't think I would after really disliking Black Ops and being burnt out by MW3. The campaign is really good, at least as far as military FPS games go - not quite Spec Ops but a huge step above any other CoD/MoH/BF campaign. Bit of a shame that it's stuck in a Call Of Duty game where it'll be ignored by the vast majority.

Multiplayer's pretty great, if a little disturbing in that 4th-tier Prestige icons are already showing up in my games and making me lose faith in humanity. My only major gripes are the maps being rather dull and only really catering to one playstyle each, and that unlocking things now not only requires levelling up but also tokens. Never liked the whole level-to-unlock thing to begin with, adding in another barrier is rather irritating. I know League Play solves this but there's bugger-all people on there.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flibble View Post
    I'm loving it so far, and I didn't think I would after really disliking Black Ops and being burnt out by MW3. The campaign is really good, at least as far as military FPS games go - not quite Spec Ops but a huge step above any other CoD/MoH/BF campaign. Bit of a shame that it's stuck in a Call Of Duty game where it'll be ignored by the vast majority.

Multiplayer's pretty great, if a little disturbing in that 4th-tier Prestige icons are already showing up in my games and making me lose faith in humanity. My only major gripes are the maps being rather dull and only really catering to one playstyle each, and that unlocking things now not only requires levelling up but also tokens. Never liked the whole level-to-unlock thing to begin with, adding in another barrier is rather irritating. I know League Play solves this but there's bugger-all people on there.
    I loved Black Ops, but didn't care for MW3 that much. This seems to be in line back with what I enjoyed.

The only true exception for playstyles seems to be sniping, which is truly a very limited use case in this game (which is fine by me).

One gripe I have is that in S&D, Cold Blooded is basically a necessity thanks to those two special sights that either put a red arrow around you or highlight you through walls. They're worse than thermal (which always had downsides of being mostly useless if people avoided it) and every game somebody is using them.

Thankfully the other perks in slot 2 are basically useless anyways.

The only thing really driving me crazy about this game so far is the snipers! I'm not sure what has changed since MW3 but it seems like I have no defense against snipers now.

Bringer of Truth
    Snipers are outclassed in every way on every map in this game. The only places they dominate are the gigantic maps (Carrier and I think it's called Turbine).

Just unlocked the new Skorpion last night and the Chicom, these SMGs are fucking RAD. The chicom is a burst fire SMG but it fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, it's super awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by keisal View Post
    The only thing really driving me crazy about this game so far is the snipers! I'm not sure what has changed since MW3 but it seems like I have no defense against snipers now.
    What changed is that other than the SVU, all the snipers have big 1HK zones (waist up, chest up) so a good sniper has a pretty easy time, esp if they have dual band because then it's just 'shoot the big orange things'. I haven't been using snipers much (want dat diamond shotgun camo) but they were pretty easy to use with an ACOG once it was unlocked, as long as you have a steady hand.

And fuck yemen. That map is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Is it me or does one of the multiplayer announcers sound like Duke Nukem?
    I just got the game 2 days ago and that's the first thing I noticed. When he said times running out or something to that nature, and a few other lines.

Still responds to BLOO
    this game is ass

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    this game is ass
    That just took a juicy shit with the toilet seat down.

Bling blam.

Still responds to BLOO

Ready for some new maps, especially some new Zombie maps.

They could seriously just reskin some of the multiplayer maps for Zombies and I'd be happy. Anything would be better than the vanilla maps.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Ready for some new maps, especially some new Zombie maps.

They could seriously just reskin some of the multiplayer maps for Zombies and I'd be happy. Anything would be better than the vanilla maps.