Thread: Video of new Xbox?

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

Video of new Xbox?

I'm watching the the new video on Gameinformer about Halo 4 multiplayer and I see these two cases that have that same shiny black of the new Xbox's except they are slightly larger. They have these blinking blue lights on them, have oddly cut edges, have what appears to be 2 USBs on the front with a light up disk drive on the right. They appear to be running Halo 4 in the background on two TVs. Here's the link: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ue&PageIndex=2
    What do you think?

Bringer of Truth
    Those would be these crazy new things called a "computer".

Frodo Bangins
    Or they are Dev Kits.

Honkey Kong
    All I know is that when I'm working with yet-to-be announced hardware that's supposed to be kept secret, I make sure that have a couple of those bitches running in the background of every interview I do.

OP's on to us.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    Or they are Dev Kits.
    360 devkits mostly look like a normal 360 but instead of the hard-drive slot they have this crazy shit going on.

Excactly, they don't look like a computer so all I can think of is the new xbox

They don't look like any gaming computer ive seen, they're way to small

Honkey Kong
    How many computers have you seen?

Plenty. Did you even see the video? They were about the size of the redesigned xbox. The smallest computer you can get that would be good enough to run Halo and multiple applications for editing and coding a new game would have to be at least double the size.

Bringer of Truth
    Uh, those are computers bro.

That's not a knife...
    Quote Originally Posted by MRcressbeckler View Post
    The smallest computer you can get that would be good enough to run Halo and multiple applications for editing and coding a new game would have to be at least double the size.
    Just because something has an Xbox logo on it doesn't mean it's capable of being more powerful in a smaller form factor.

Also I doubt they were using them to run Halo and shit. At most, they were using them to run a built version of Halo but I think they were just running a premade recording of something else playing the game. A mini PC with some serious hardware under the hood would be capable of doing either, really.

343 wouldn't make such a bad mistake too. They would have noticed at some point during the whole recording and editing and publishing of the video that something so important wasn't supposed to be in there.

The two models of 720 have already been announced, duh.

This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    This fucking thread is gold. I love you all.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    Just because something has an Xbox logo on it doesn't mean it's capable of being more powerful in a smaller form factor.

Also I doubt they were using them to run Halo and shit. At most, they were using them to run a built version of Halo but I think they were just running a premade recording of something else playing the game. A mini PC with some serious hardware under the hood would be capable of doing either, really.

343 wouldn't make such a bad mistake too. They would have noticed at some point during the whole recording and editing and publishing of the video that something so important wasn't supposed to be in there.
    When I played Far Cry 3 MP at PAX East it was a 360 build using 360 controllers, being run off of computers. These computers were stored in little shelves under the TVs. I know this because I broke the game and got thrown outside the map where I wasn't supposed to go and they opened it and reset mine, running the "Launch FC3MP.exe" file or whatever.

They're definitely showing off pre-recorded footage in this though so it looks the best it can.

Honkey Kong
    Y'all all wrong. That's a new VCR with modded LEDs running that shit on VHS.

Come at me technologies.