Thread: Why, hello there!

LeSam

dtoidsurprise Why, hello there!

Hello dtoid people! I'm Sam, I've been a long time reader but decided to join in the fun yesterday for some reason. I'm 23, live in Switzerland (that country with the cheese and the money) and play video games since before I was born! I also like to draw http://lesam.deviantart.com/

As for favourite games, it's always changing, but for the moment there's : Tombi, Sonc 1,2,3&Knuckles, NiGHTS, Super Metroid, any Treasure game, and R-Type!

I love anything retro (games were better back then! *grumble grumble*). Also, I have this HUGE backlog of games, books, movies and comics, it's crazy. I almost don't have space anymore to walk around in my room. It's crazy I tell you!

THE MR.E BIRD
    Hello Sam, that's some pretty impressive artwork you've got there! Where do you keep your gun? What games have you played recently? Welcome!

Beast Master

Frodo Bangins
    Hello fellow Sam. Welcome to the Forums. I know what you mean about the crazy backlog. mine is getting to be just as bad.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    You impressed Tarvu!? What manner of demon are you!?

Also, welcome and shit.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Tomba is awesome, therefore you are awesome. Congrats and welcome!

LeSam
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

@Tarvu : Thanks! I keep my gun where my heart is (?), and recently I've been playing Earthbound Zero (Mother 1) on the NES that my brother got me from a cartmodder, so it works on my pal NES and it's pretty cool. I'm also playing Shadows of the Damned, which is freaking brilliant. Also, cocks. EVERYWHERE!

@ZombiePlatypus: Yo, a welcome from all the gang! I must be very lucky or the opposite of that.

@Mr. Gobbldigook : Right! And there's always games coming out that I want! I just saw Pandora's Tower limited edition at an electronic store this morning and it looked brilliant (that black wii box is hot!)
    Anyway, how do you deal with your backlog?

@PappaDukes: Thanks

@Glitchy: And you must be even more awesome for that! Tombi/a is one of my fondest memories from the PS1-era.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    hey, i like r-type also. welcome to the forums.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSam View Post
    I keep my gun where my heart is (?)
    Sorry, I may have misremembered things about Swtizerland. But I thought having been conscripted Swiss people kept service rifles?

Welcome to the Forums.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

Frodo Bangins
    @Mr. Gobbldigook : Right! And there's always games coming out that I want! I just saw Pandora's Tower limited edition at an electronic store this morning and it looked brilliant (that black wii box is hot!)
    Anyway, how do you deal with your backlog?
    I used to just sit down and do it by system. but I've just let it build and now I play what I'm in the mood for until I finish it. I'm more of a collector anyway. someday I'll finish all of them. (probably wont finish all the steam ones.)

[Level 5: Mech]
    TIL that Tomba is known as Tombi in PAL regions. That game is one of my all time favorite games as as it's a rarity and you enjoy it you must be cool people. Since you like retro I'd highly reccomend picking up a cheap first gen PSP and diving into PSX era RPGs. There are so many remakes of classic games.

LeSam
    @Tarvu: Well, yes. That's what I meant :P

@Mr. Gobbldigook: That's pretty much how I do it too. The thing is not to make it feel like a chore. It's video games; it's supposed to be fun!

@Daze: I have both psp and psx sytems - and it's been awhile since I played an rpg from that era. Any specific recommendation that I should absolutely check out?

[Level 5: Mech]
    Lunar Silver Star Story
    Lunar Eternal Blue
    Star Ocean First Departure
    Star Ocean Second Evolution
    Valkyrie Profile
    Final Fantasy Tactics(though the gameplay is a bit of an acquired taste the story is amazing)
    Breath of Fire III

Personally BoF III and SO2 are two of my all time favorites. Sadly there haven't been any Suikoden psp remakes. I believe you can get Suikoden 1 on PSN and play it that way but 2 hasn't had any ports.

LeSam
    @Daze: Those all sound great, thanks.
    I've been meaning to try out Breath of Fire III since I saw that gorgeous cover for the PSP version - you might have given me just the right impulse to finally pick it up!

And Suikoden I've played a bit. Actually, it was on a demo disc I had for the PS1 -I believe it came bundled with Vandal hearts 2- and I used to play it all the time. Sadly, I never found the game in a shop back then so that's about it I might pick it up if I find it "cheap" on eBay someday (I want it on disc!)

THE MR.E BIRD
    @Tarvu: Well, yes. That's what I meant :P
    You keep your gun clutched close to your chest at all times? I can respect this. Damn commies could be just over the hill!