Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fez

Ray of Sunshine

Fez

Not sure if you guys noticed this, but Fez came out. And the music is sublime. I really like it. I have a feeling that people will want to talk about it, especially because this game will be a bitch to 100%. I'll get the conversation started.

I FEEL AWFUL BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED A BUNNY BY THROWING A CRATE ON TOP OF IT WHY COULDN'T IT KNOW ABOUT THE THIRD DIMENSION NOOOOOOOOO

Frodo Bangins
    There wasnt a fez thread already? I thought about making one yesterday but just assumed there was one.

either way. loving the game. I'm only playing it in like 30 min spurts but I'm loving it that way. just get in explore a little and then save more for next time. I agree with you the music is awesome.

also...

HOW DARE YOU KILL A BUNNY.... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON!!!

Ray of Sunshine
    Yeah, I did a title search for a Fez thread and didn't find it. GUESS THE FORUMS DIDN'T BUY INTO THE HYPE

It's actually really ingenious that they went with pentatonic scales for all the places I've been in. Makes it a lot easier to keep things ambient and have the cubey bits sync up with whatever scale you're in without creating much dissonance. I also feel like I can only play for 30 minutes at a time because otherwise I start too ache with how pretty everything is. Major case of sensory overload.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Love the game too and like you I only play it in bursts to savour this beauty for a while. It's a calming break between sessions of Dark Souls.

[Level 2: Human]
    My sex for this game is hard. REAL HARD.

It's much more open and divergent then I expected it to be. I like watching my friends play it, if only to see what path they end up treading. Me? I climbed all the way up to the top of tree land in the first area.... and fell asleep in front of a little cabin in the canopy. LOVE.

Honkey Kong
    Loving it. It's going to be a mindfuck, but I love those too.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Pretty awesome from what i played, loved the music and visual style

THE MR.E BIRD
    I just played the trial and now I am sorely tempted to get it. The perspective mechanic alone is pretty wonderful.

Beast Master
    I bought it Friday night but still haven't played it because I am a horrible person.

Truth.

Bringer of Truth
    Played it for about an hour before work yesterday and I'm fucking LOVING it. Gonna play some more shortly actually.

I can tell shit is gonna get crazy later on with changing perspectives. I can see something I 'figured out' on my own coming into play: Jumping and switching perspective in mid-air.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yeah, I tried doing that on the trial before realising I had to use the pivot.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I've only played a bit so far, but I'm really digging it. Which isn't really surprising considering that it's an amalgamation of almost all my favorite things. Also, idle animations <3

Bringer of Truth
    HE LAYS DOWN TO TAKING NAP!

THE MR.E BIRD
    I'm glad it doesn't punish death, because I am shite at this sort of game. Oh yeah and I bought it.

Bringer of Truth
    Yeah, I was glad to see that.

Beast Master
    I'm glad I looked at the achievements in the menu, since the one tells you how to get it just by reading the title.

Bringer of Truth
    Yeah that was kind of neat actually. It'll be interesting trying to find all of the Anti-Cubes.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Some of the puzzles are pretty annoying, the one that rewards anti-cubes for the clock hands reaching CUBE O'CLOCK could be a pain in the arse from all the WAITING.

Found another puzzle I cannot abide. It's a room with 4 blocks, a 9x9 grid (from above) of purple lit spaces. I assume you are meant to place the squares on there but the game mechanics really can't be used this precisely. Movable blocks do not work well in the game.
    Last edited by Tarvu; 04-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Some of the puzzles are pretty annoying, the one that rewards anti-cubes for the clock hands reaching CUBE O'CLOCK could be a pain in the arse from all the WAITING.

Found another puzzle I cannot abide. It's a room with 4 blocks, a 9x9 grid (from above) of purple lit spaces. I assume you are meant to place the squares on there but the game mechanics really can't be used this precisely. Movable blocks do not work well in the game.
    Spoiler!

I just got to the top of the red sewer area and my heart jumped in my throat as I forgot to jump at the top of that lovely ride and thought I'd have to start again at the bottom of that long journey.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Also I currently have no idea how to reach certain floating platforms.