Thread: Inexcusable issues with God of War III

Inexcusable issues with God of War III

So I really just started getting into God of War. They're fun games. Or at least they were until I ran into the buggy freeze-machine that is God of War III. A simple Google search will tell you that there are severe bugs with the game, from audio looping to game freezes and crashes to unloadable saves. And no help from the developers at all. I never heard a peep out of anyone until I ran into the bugs myself.

http://sony-cea.hosted.jivesoftware....art=0&tstart=0

397 posts and no help. Sure, there are suggestions for experimentation (by other members, not the devs) but no fix. How in the holy mother of fuck was Sony Santa Monica allowed to get away with this bullshit? I know it's two years later... but the fact that this shit still persists absolutely confounds me. Well, this may be taking a shot in the dark but can anyone help me with my freezing issue? I can only assume someone on this forum has had issues with God of War III before.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    not god of war 3 my fellow duck, that ran fine for me. now the first one i had a game ender glitch but fuck this series anyway. the gameplay is a bore, too bad everything looks crazy awesome. but for serious i searched the net high and low for the glitch i came across and found only like 2 forum posts all super deep in there, i just returned the game for another copy. godspeed my man. pun intended.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Well, I haven't had those issues... the only thing that drove me mad was that I died more on platforming than with monsters.

Frodo Bangins
    The only issue I ever had with god of war was the camera being absolute shite. I love those games when I've beaten them but while playing them they really just piss me off and aren't fun.

I don't remember running into any kind o glitch or bug on God of War III, I actually thought it was a very polished game. O.o

The only times my PS3 freezed where on a very hot day, not with GoW by the way, and recently once with Twisted Metal. The best advice I could give you is to look if there is enough room for the PS3 to "breath" and not overheat. Other than that I think you will really depend on luck. =/

[Level 2: Human]
    I don't remember any hard freezes. That game was about as polished as it gets in my experience. Perhaps it's a hardware issue?

Again, Google tells me this isn't just an issue between me, my game and my PS3. Seems more widespread than that. If it's a hardware issue then God of War III is like the only game out there that has this many problems with the PS3. Pretty lame considering it's a PS3-only game. Anyway, I tried one of the many scattershot solutions and it allowed me to get past the catapult and cut off Hermes' legs only to have the game freeze once again.

@Aurain: You're probably right. And since more people haven't had any problems with the game than not, it's not like this news has spread like wildfire or anything. Still, I don't see how I can justify purchasing another game from them.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckedUpOnQuack View Post
    Again, Google tells me this isn't just an issue between me, my game and my PS3. Seems more widespread than that. If it's a hardware issue then God of War III is like the only game out there that has this many problems with the PS3. Pretty lame considering it's a PS3-only game. Anyway, I tried one of the many scattershot solutions and it allowed me to get past the catapult and cut off Hermes' legs only to have the game freeze once again.

@Aurain: You're probably right. And since more people haven't had any problems with the game than not, it's not like this news has spread like wildfire or anything. Still, I don't see how I can justify purchasing another game from them.
    Its terrible to have a problem with a game and know that the developers won't correct it... I (and a lot of AMD users) had a good amount of problems with many recent PC games, but because the focus is on consoles, and the problem is just with a specific brand of videocards, they don't put much effort in solving them. =/

Welp. tried a fix and I managed to get past the end of the chase with Hermes only to have various audio bugs before and after the fight resulting in complete freezes.