Thread: Hi Destructoid. Long time reader here. Finally decided to start using the forums.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] Matthew Geminder's Avatar

Hi Destructoid. Long time reader here. Finally decided to start using the forums.

Hi everyone! My name is Matthew, but you can call me Matt if you like. I'm 24 years old and have been reading Destructoid since about 2007.

For whatever reason I felt compelled to create a forum account today and I hope to become a regular around here. I've commented on one or two stories in the past and I have a C-Blog under the same username as here but I don't really use it. I also have a personal blog where I mostly write retrospective articles about my favorite games of the past two decades, along with championing the greatness of VGM.

I've been playing games since I was 4 and have owned pretty much every major console since the SNES, so I'm not biased for or against any companies/platforms. I love most genres of games, aside from sports and racing. Could never really get into those. My favorites are probably the RPG and survival horror genres.

Some of my favorite games include Chrono Trigger (which is easily my absolute favorite of all time,) Persona 4, Cave Story, Plants vs Zombies, Dynamite Headdy, Sunset Riders, Metal Slug 3, Killer7, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish, Amnesia, most of the Metal Gear games, all the Silent Hill games, almost every Resident Evil game, all the Dead Space games (besides Ignition. I play Dead Space to kill necromorphs, not solve puzzles,) just about every Zelda game, all the main series Mario games, most of the main series Final Fantasy games, every Ace Attorney game, and all the console Assassin's Creed games. This is all off the top of my head. I could go on and on all day.

Gaming is my only hobby and I'm really hoping to have some kind of career in the gaming industry one day, be it blogger, community manager, PR guy, or maybe even developer. I can't really imagine doing anything else with the rest of my life.

I think that's just about everything. If anyone has any questions, ask away!

THE MR.E BIRD
    Welcome Matthew! What games have you been playing recently and what 2012 releases are you anticipating?

Beast Master

Frodo Bangins
    Welcome to the forums. What is your favorite Home alone trap?

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] Matthew Geminder's Avatar
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

@Tarvu
    Been playing a lot of Xenoblade and it's really stirring up my old love of WoW. God, it's gonna take some willpower to resist the urge to resubscribe again. As for my most anticipated games, my top 5 are probably Diablo III, Assassin's Creed III, BioShock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, and Max Payne 3.

@ZombiePlatypus
    I have no Earthly idea what's happening there but somehow it's freakin' hilarious.

@Mr. Gobbldigook
    Hmm, tough call. I remember laughing my ass off at the blowtorch trap when I was a kid so I'll have to go with that. Joe Pesci lit on fire = priceless. It's been far too long since the last time I saw that movie.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Welcome to Destructoid.

I love you.

Welcome to the Forums.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.