Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

[Level 8: Skynet]
    We only talk american here.

Aerox
    Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    You may be able to answer some of my questions but if not:

-- The Guild PVP system in GW1 lore was based of rival guilds and competition with one another but you never felt any real sense of rivalry with other guilds per se... just random battles on your guild hall. Has this changed at all in GW2? IF so how?

-- Guild Hall... any enhancements in GW2? Guild halls in 1 were just empty environments in GW1 to pvp essentially. Is there any real personalization this time around with Vendors? Pets? Or specific NPC recruitment for your "Town"???

Finally this is more of a direct question... but I think it's generally universal that the Guild Wars 1 expansions weren't as well received as the main game. Thoughts? Did this effect Guild Wars 2 development / philosophy at all?

*Sort of my worry that they're still building on what they had done in the expansions which I didn't like at all... just didn't think they were fun. Though the "Hero" companion gig was pretty cool.
    The only question I can maybe answer is #2, and it might not even be accurate since we didn't get a TON of exposure to guild stuff.

It's my understanding, and again this might not be completely correct because they haven't said much on it, that the "Guild Hall" stuff is going to mostly be in World vs. World stuff. When your realm captures one of the control points on the map, whichever guild had the most participants in that battle has the opportunity to claim that control point as their "base". (Only one building allowed per guild.) It's supposed to make it so people have incentives to defend even the smaller points (because smaller guilds will want to hang on to "their" supply camp), and the guilds will be able to purchase upgrades and things for it as they control it. The rub is, of course, if the point gets captured back, you lose it all...

All the questions are great, I'll pass them onto Conrad!

I think it'd be cool to have your guild choose a certain Idol or say like a Chinese animal on the calendar... If my guild choose The Cock for instance we'd tend to rival with The Snake etc.

Something along those lines to allow some sort of rivalry to take place. Or just choose a Rival / ally period, i've always wondered why MMO's don't have an alliance system. You could have your guild channel and then alliance channel to say cross guild communicate with 2 open slots for alliances.

I think it'd be cool anyway.

Aerox
    I think it'd be cool to have your guild choose a certain Idol or say like a Chinese animal on the calendar... If my guild choose The Cock for instance we'd tend to rival with The Snake etc.

Something along those lines to allow some sort of rivalry to take place. Or just choose a Rival / ally period, i've always wondered why MMO's don't have an alliance system. You could have your guild channel and then alliance channel to say cross guild communicate with 2 open slots for alliances.

I think it'd be cool anyway.
    Guild rivalry for GW2 doesn't really make a ton of sense, since the idea is that your entire realm is a community working together against other realms (and who you face changes every week depending on how well your realm does).

I like the idea for other games, though.

Bringer of Truth
    ATTN

First Beta Weekend is next week, April 27-29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerox View Post
    Guild rivalry for GW2 doesn't really make a ton of sense, since the idea is that your entire realm is a community working together against other realms (and who you face changes every week depending on how well your realm does).

I like the idea for other games, though.
    True I suppose, tis an exciting idea... Let's just make sure we all get on the same server!

I'm rolling a Bear Man Dude out the gate... pretty excited. Clown does that include the pre purchase folks or ppl that got the emails??? (I did not get an email)

Aerox
    True I suppose, tis an exciting idea... Let's just make sure we all get on the same server!

I'm rolling a Bear Man Dude out the gate... pretty excited. Clown does that include the pre purchase folks or ppl that got the emails??? (I did not get an email)
    It's all prepurchase people. Emails with the client are going out in a few days.

Of course, when I can finally play with all my friends who I made get the game, I'll be out of town for my college reunion.

Bringer of Truth
    What he said.

Aerox
    Server information and name list is up:

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-a...n-guild-wars-2

I'm kind of partial to Yak's Bend.

• Anvil Rock
    • Borlis Pass
    • Yak’s Bend
    • Henge of Denravi
    • Maguuma
    • Sorrow’s Furnace
    • Kaineng
    • Jade Quarry
    • Fort Aspenwood
    • Ehmry Bay
    • Ferguson’s Crossing
    • Darkhaven
    • Vasburg
    • Eredon Terrace
    • Crystal Desert
    • Tarnished Coast
    • Steamspur Mountains
    • Blazeridge Mountains
    • Isle of Janthir
    • Sea of Sorrows
    • Deldrimor
    • Scavenger’s Causeway
    • Moladune
    • Eternal Grove

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I dig the guesting feature, its not as cool as freely switching servers like in GW1, but I understand why they went that route for this game.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Who's in the beta and what server are y'all on?

I didn't bother with the Beta since i'll end up playing it anyway and would rather work on backlog / SWTOR Raiding.

Should we get a Dtoid Guild going after launch? If so lets talk names.

- Guildtoid

- Destructoid

- Creed (CREED! CREED! CREED! CREED! CREED! CREED! CREED! CREED! CREED!)

- Team Edward

- Mothra

- Flameseeker Bears

Your turn go.

ah shit.. where is the instanced-world where you can just go around doing your thing with an invitation-system to play with friends

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I don't know if this is going to be the game that finally gets me into MMOs, but I can honestly say that what I did play of it this past weekend was fun.

So all the dude's I roll with on SWTOR (well some) are getting this and some of my other friends have all agreed to join the Yak's Bend server.

Probably going to start a guild called Yak's Benders

No idea yet though.

Yak's Bend is the unofficial brazil server, if that's a thing that bothers you.

As long as they speak Engrish I don't care.

So, which server did y'all pick for the BWE 3?

So Remy was right about Yak's Bend. Unofficial Brazilian server, Bronkitis? We ain't got time for that.

Most of my guild from SWTOR is going to GW2 (well the good PVPers) so about 12 atm and maybe more. And some old friends as well... We're rolling on Sorrow's Furnace as of now. JOIN US. *Shakes fist*

Never really played GW much but just getting into it now before the sequel hits.

How long would you say it takes for a new character (I've never had a main or played it much) to get the Hall of Monuments rewards?