Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    What hast let you down specifically?

I kind of agree with that... You're suppose to be stealthy yet you look nothing like the people walking about. I would think it'd be an automatic target.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by ProlificDream View Post
    What hast let you down specifically?

I kind of agree with that... You're suppose to be stealthy yet you look nothing like the people walking about. I would think it'd be an automatic target.
    The first two games felt like I was basically repeating the same handful of missions over and over for 10 hours and there just wasn't much variety for me, coupled with a rather weak stealth system.

Honkey Kong
    So you could say it was a..... bad game?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    So you could say it was a..... bad game?
    I wouldn't call the Asscreed games bad, I just would just say they are games that could improve and be great.

Yeah. It's definitely not a very good series, but it's always had one thing that I freaking love, and that's the recreated cities of which you can climb every single inch. The stealth is essentially nonexistent, the combat is beyond weak (or at least has been so far), and the plot is contrived and intentionally convoluted. But that freedom to walk around real cities... Seeing the same buildings in Turkey's Istanbul that I saw in person, now shown in game centuries ago was a blast, especially when I could climb all over them. Another thing the series has is it's one that's improving instead of simplifying into homogenized action.

I want to see this multimillion dollar engine get licensed out to some fantasy action RPGs. A Forgotten Realms game with Anvil Next would look glorious. I'd love to see Calimport, Luskan, Waterdeep, and the surrounding countryside fully populated with crowded streets and dangerous creatures respectfully. Put some depth into the combat, add classes with magic, (real) stealth, and strength abilities, but retain the full explorative freedom and you've got a much better game than AC.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    The first two games felt like I was basically repeating the same handful of missions over and over for 10 hours and there just wasn't much variety for me, coupled with a rather weak stealth system.
    I don't think the first two games were similar at all. I could see it for the first game (it definitely need a lot of improvements) not ACII though. I thought AC II was the best game in the series next to revelations.

I just read about the "King George Washington" DLC. Interesting.

Reminds me of a Marvel "What If".

One more day!

Pwnd
    @ PD - I still haven't made up my mind if I want my preorder or not, haha. That flag is not worth sixty bucks...

dtoiddisco

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    @ PD - I still haven't made up my mind if I want my preorder or not, haha. That flag is not worth sixty bucks...
    The additional Aztec map/content is though (GameStop). Picking up my pre-order at midnight in just
    11 hours! *_*

No, the Gamestop material is probably worth $2-5, not $60.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by DualFace View Post
    The additional Aztec map/content is though (GameStop). Picking up my pre-order at midnight in just
    11 hours! *_*
    I'm not going out of my way for the extra mission stuff though, aside from the Washington DLC which has an interesting concept. Mainly I want to see how Desmond's past lives (for lack of a better term) illustrate the ongoing battle between the Templars and the Assassins. I'm really looking forward to the inevitable full circle return to our contemporary era.

Star Wars: tFU did an awesome job at the alternate universe stuff. The single player stuff was (way too) balls deep in regular continuity, but when they went full-fledged alternate-timeline, it rocked! Gameplay wise, I wish they had more emphasis on empowerment with the lightsaber taking out waves of guys instead of making the whole game treat it like a Nerf bat.The series could have really been a contender in the genre - I think it sold well enough to warrant improving things for a third.

Regarding AC3, I just hope it's radical enough to feel like it's a different situation, and not just another series of missions but with boring dialog, a different ally, and GW&Company as targets.

Pwnd
    The trippy thing is, wasn't Washington a Templar in real life? Even the regular version of him would be Connor's natural enemy.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    The second game is still pretty bad. The actual story takes WAY too fucking long to get going, there's no reason for anything you're doing at first (and no explanation) and it gives you tutorials for basic stuff after you've already been forced to use it for two hours.

Ezio as introduced is a pretty shitty character and his motivations are unclear.

"Put on my robes."
    "HEY you're wearing those robes! Come here!"
    "OK you're an assassin now. We trained you to use a sword even though you've already had three tutorials about that and have fought waves of dudes. Go kill this guy cause I said so."

The first one was a decent game that could be improved, but didn't deserve a sequel (let alone a dozen...AC3 is really what...AC5? 6?). It's a crime that this is the sixth or so AC game and we still have no Mirror's Edge 2.

Pwnd
    I think their reason for stretching out the Ezio era is that they don't know how to move the story into the present. That and Brotherhood was just a vehicle to introduce multiplayer.

Revelations was great though, especially the scene where they bridged the gap between Altair and Ezio.

Honkey Kong
    Agree with Clown. Was horribly surprised this game saw a sequel.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Agree with Clown. Was horribly surprised this game saw a sequel.
    And that's ok.

Honkey Kong
    So how big was that day one patch with over 44 bug fixes?

THE MR.E BIRD
    Probably not that big data-wise, but I hardly see how it was worth a whole article. It's pretty much the way now that release candidates aren't fully bug tested.