Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3

I really want to buy this, I've never played another AC game before though.. So I don't really know what it's going to be like. I mean, it looks really good. I think I'm going to buy it though.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Bump bump motherfucker. Achievements for Assassin's Creed III. Looks like a good list.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Toootally. Mystery guest, Grim Expectations, Man of the People, and Monopoly Man. Damn those look like Hella awesome achievements.

Wait, do these lists provide anything notable other than potential spoilers?

THE MR.E BIRD
    Spoilers for Assassin's Creed are like pictures of the poop you'll be dumping tomorrow. Not that there are even any salient details in the achievement list.

Space people talk to Connor and call him Desmond, enter cliffhanger so we have some Connor story extenders every year until ACIV.

God, I wish these games were just period pieces. The five year old, paper-deep story has been strung along so much that it's a joke. I just want the realistically recreated periods, but with better action (3 seems to have), better stealth (including level design that incorporates it), and actual consequences to being caught/detected.

The Desmond link to it is key to the franchise but if they ever did a revamp of the series it would be cool to see them do what Arttemis mentioned.

dtoidhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    Space people talk to Connor and call him Desmond, enter cliffhanger so we have some Connor story extenders every year until ACIV.
    Wow, you actually think there will be an ACIV already? ACIII has to have 2 spin offs
    for Connor first you know.

Does the purple color affect your reading comprehension? You essentially repeated his thought.

"...some Connor story extenders every year until ACIV."

I dont really see much of a difference from the other AC releases. in terms of storyline, it is still great but the architecture and the character does not seem to match the whole plot. They did a lot of spicing up.

I am super pumped for this release. I bought the limited edition set with the flag, Connor, and belt.

Got it for my boyfriend for his birthday present, but super stoked for it myself. Kind of got it for my own pleasure too. Going to go to the midnight release dressed in my AC3 shirt woot.

Also

Honkey Kong
    My reaction to people who get excited about this game @ 45 sec

Meh, don't really care. These games have great story and character development. I'm more inclined to enjoy a game with some story. I also appreciate the idea that the game developers look into the history.

Honkey Kong
    You mean how they shit all over history? LOL "great story and character development". NOPE. This game is literally worse than My Little Ponies. See, MLP is a legit childrens program that just has a huge autistic fan base. This game has the same fanbase but lacks anything redeemable. It's not even a good game, at any point. It just sold a lot due to teenage fangirls with hoodie fetishes.

There's games I don't personally enjoy that are still good games, like MGS. Assassin's Creed is not a good game.

To each his own. You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I enjoy the stories, and I don't have a hoodie fetish. I will admit that I have seen quite a few fan girls though.

I enjoy the story in these games because it takes some weird turns. Conspiracy-oriented stuff like this that pops up out of nowhere:

Nobody comes to this series because it purports to be historically accurate, c'mon man.

Honkey Kong
    No. This is a bad game and you should feel bad for supporting it.

<3

Well, I'll buy it twice and tell Ubisoft you supported it, too.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Honkey Kong
    You are wrong. I will now have to buy 5 copies and burn them on Youtube. I'm sure Ubifags will get the message.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I really want to be excited for this game, but I've been let down by Asscreed games in the past.... so I dont know...

I'm also with Artt, I wish they'd drop the Desmond storyline and just make the games period pieces about assassins who can't figure out that wearing white blatantly mysterious hooded clothing makes you stand out horribly in a crowd.