Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3

Hybrid View

Assassin's Creed 3

To be honest, I've never been an Assassin's Creed fan, I think It's a sub par title disguised as a AAA franchise. While the gameplay doesn't do much for me, the story has always been interesting (although, to tell you the truth, I've only read synopsis for the last two entries). Rumors were floating around that it would be taking place in China, but it's looking like that's quickly been squashed:

A Native American assassin based during the revolutionary war could be extraordinarily awesome if done right. I'm really hoping they steer away from what we all know about the revolutionary war and focus more on the conspiracy side of thing (a theme that's run constant throughout the series). Thoughts? (P.S. If I fucked up my first thread and there's already a thread for this, SORRY. I searched and couldn't find anything)

Bringer of Truth
    Calling the 7th game in the series "3" is hilarious.
    5th = 3 if you just wanna count console releases.

That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Calling the 7th game in the series "3" is hilarious.
    5th = 3 if you just wanna count console releases.

That's all.
    There's a reason Brotherhood/Revelations weren't titled 3/4. It's because they were extended stories of Ezio.
    Spinoffs. There was always going to be a proper AC, ACII, ACIII. Those following this series have been aware of
    this every since Ubisoft's front-woman, Raymond explained what was going to happen with this [main] trilogy.

Other images:

-Box Art

-GameInformer Cover

-GI snippit with Washington

It's not like it would be the first, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Kingdom Hearts (eventually, maybe, if Square Enix stops milking the shit out of it), Metal Gear Solid, plus a lot more I can't think of at the moment.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    The white leather and hood seem a but too intricate for the period and setting, not to mention out of the ordinary. I'm really interested, though, mostly because they're kinda FORCED to shake up the series. The architecture doesn't allow for the focus on parkour, but the AI was becoming blatantly outdated and flawed, so change of some kind was necessary. Arkham City showed that you can have a game with the free roaming exploration, emphasis on stealth, AND a combat system with great animations without feeling like each aspect is hokey in some way.

The opportunity to take players into the wilderness and exercise actual stealth tactics is pretty enticing, not to mention the aspects of the Native Americans and setting in general!

[like almost all of my posts, this was written on my phone, so please forgive any typos.]

Honkey Kong
    Yeah lol at the white leather and hood. Pre-Ku Klux Klan trendsetter as well as a giant target in the woods? Good luck assassinating anything in that get up. lolololololololololololololololollololololololol Ubisoft is so fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Yeah lol at the white leather and hood. Pre-Ku Klux Klan trendsetter as well as a giant target in the woods? Good luck assassinating anything in that get up. lolololololololololololololololollololololololol Ubisoft is so fucking stupid.
    I thought people bitching about this game was kind of dumb. I mean give it a chance, but then I read this..... You're absolutely right holy fuck.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I really hope this game is as awesome as it's premise makes it seem

I'm not sure how they are going to pull this off but it's an interesting period, I liked the first couple games but got tired of the gameplay during Brotherhood and haven't even picked up Revalations yet. The fact they've been pumping out multiple releases a year hasn't helped matters. Hopefully the change in setting will rejuvenate the series, I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

I think it's called 3 because
    1 was all Altair
    2 Ezio (brotherhood and what not were "expansions" in his story i guess)
    3 new dude
    I'm excited =]

[Level 6: Robot]
    Architecture will definitely be a question to be answered. You could stretch one's imagination a bit with smokey, Victorian-inspired skylines, but I think Futurama had it pegged where a normal community may just be 2 buildings facing each other across a dirt road.

To be honest...if it's based in that time, and native indian hints all over the main char...I don't think it will be building we're running up, but trees, which would be even more fun!

Bringer of Truth
    Ubisoft sucks at not leaking things.

-_-. They're not leaks. They're from GameInformer.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by DualFace View Post
    -_-. They're not leaks. They're from GameInformer.
    Those screenshots were leaked early this morning and posted on blogs before anybody else had them up.

jesus......When is this out?
    I would have liked to go a female assassin though =/

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Ok I take it back...this looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Ok I take it back...this looks good.
    It looks interesting, and they made it so you can still climb it appears.

- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.
    - Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.
    - Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.
    - The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…
    - There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.
    - Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.
    - Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.
    - There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.
    - Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.
    - 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.
    - The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.
    There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.
    - Den Defense will not return.

My interest is definitely perked, but I'm still skeptical to see if they actually do anything much different than the previous entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoom View Post
    -Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.
    - There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.
    - Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.
    - Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.
    - There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.
    Those are the things that really interest me. I was just comparing this to Arkham City, and Ubisoft goes and refers to the character as a "predator", straight out of Batman's playbook. Being more like Batman is NEVER a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoom
    TL;DR Arkham City is a better Assassin's Creed than Assassin's Creed
    Exactly.