Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita Owners Unite!

[Level 2: Human]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzie View Post
    There's still not much synchronous multiplayer games on vita at the moment. AFAIK it could be only with titles such as Wipeout, Hustle Kings, Hot Shots Golf(?). Also I was bored today and made this little quick thing for my vita from used giftcards:
    Please post a DIY instructional for this? XD seriously, that seems much mre rewarding than buying a $30 base stand. And if that one can be taken apart and reassembled, /want

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    I just bought one of the Sony cases that has a stand built in. Only cost me $19.99.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    @Brovakhiin
    I would like to make a DIY but the way I made this is a bit difficult and I kinda messed it up, as you can see from the tons of hot glue I applied to stabilize the thing (its not collapsable sorry). I'm thinking of making a LEGO dock using the app from the LEGO website and just make the plans available for everyone and to order the parts online. I would just recommend for people to wait for a cheap third party dock that has the plug built-in since its much more convenient. I might look online for ideas for DIY docks, though.

@Pappadukes
    Is that the flap case looking thing? I was thinking of getting that but I was worried that it wouldn't protect the sides of the Vita.

@Pappadukes
    Is that the flap case looking thing? I was thinking of getting that but I was worried that it wouldn't protect the sides of the Vita.
    Yes sir, and the case is quite roomy, so the sides of the case stick out about a quarter inch on each side of the Vita. I'm quite pleased with it.

PSN Id: Fenrir151

I got uncharted with my vita and plan on getting unit 13 and wipeout. Open to other game recommendations. Still have no idea how to properly use near. Do gifts you earn automatically get shared?

@Zach
    Dunno how gifts work. I kinda understand what Near is all about now but I've not encountered any gifts yet since I only own Hot Shots on it and that one doesn't have any AFAIK.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I bought a simple soft case from DealExtreme for $3.50. Don't need anything fancy.

@Redzie
    I think I will just keep mashing the screen on near and hope for the best. Might be an idea to go to a busier area of town/city to pick up more people. I have to say, Nintendo probably did a better job with this type of thing with street pass.

@Dare
    I was about to order one on dealextreme but the lack of 2 day shipping kinda turned me off.

@Zach
    I'm sure Sony will make a similar Street Pass thing on the Vita. I think Near was just designed to cater more to the US where most places aren't very dense in population. Some random person just added me on Near last night. It was kind of creepy.

Lol I totally did that when I was down near the border for that last job I was on xD

It may be creepy but it could be just more of someone hoping to get some friends for his Vita than anything

[Level 5: Mech]
    @Dare
    I was about to order one on dealextreme but the lack of 2 day shipping kinda turned me off.

@Zach
    I'm sure Sony will make a similar Street Pass thing on the Vita. I think Near was just designed to cater more to the US where most places aren't very dense in population. Some random person just added me on Near last night. It was kind of creepy.
    I'm patient, $3.50 is totally worth the wait time versus $20 for a case.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a Street Pass-like app, though.

Yeah, I've had a couple of random people add me. Think its just so they can get the most out of Near though, which I'm cool with. I kinda meant that Near was Sony's version of Street Pass but less easy to use. I hate using the word 'intuitive' when talking about technology but yeah, Street Pass felt more intuitive than Near does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Westwood Coventry View Post
    Yeah, I've had a couple of random people add me. Think its just so they can get the most out of Near though, which I'm cool with. I kinda meant that Near was Sony's version of Street Pass but less easy to use. I hate using the word 'intuitive' when talking about technology but yeah, Street Pass felt more intuitive than Near does.
    Overall Near just appeals to me more. Yeah, it's not intuitive, but it combats my gripes with the whole Mii system nintendo uses:

1) i never liked the Miis. Yeah you can make em look funny, but i think it's more of a gimmick than anythint. Plus it helps seal in the "family friendly" atmosphere of nintendo products.

2.) thr music in the wii and 3DS aren't that great. Yeah they were catchy at first, but the appeal wore off very quickly for me.

Near fixed that bicely. If i could, I'd change the home page screen music to the music from Near. In a heartbeat!

I haven't quite figured out how the hell to use Near.

Near is cool, but confusing. I used the "out and about" feature and found someone who had a gift for the modnation racers game (which I don't own) and it said to redeem the gift, you needed to use some "near" menu option in the modnation racers game. I did however use the black market link in Uncharted, and actually got some bounties from Mr. Gobbldigook (thanks Sam!)

I ordered the Vita last night, I don't even know why. I got Rayman Origins with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I ordered the Vita last night, I don't even know why. I got Rayman Origins with it.
    The console arrived, but not the memory card or Rayman irritatingly. The screen's nice and crisp though, and the online store is so much better than on the 3DS. And there's...demos! Demos everywhere!

I bought Half-Minute Hero as well, just because I could and it was easy.

I am looking for people who play Super Stardust, add me either way: asatiir

gonna be getting wipeout pretty soon too

Frodo Bangins
    I have may be willing to play super stardust at somepoint.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    Near is cool, but confusing. I used the "out and about" feature and found someone who had a gift for the modnation racers game (which I don't own) and it said to redeem the gift, you needed to use some "near" menu option in the modnation racers game. I did however use the black market link in Uncharted, and actually got some bounties from Mr. Gobbldigook (thanks Sam!)
    anytime bby.