Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Scroll View Post
    Accompanying the film reboot is a tie-in game. It could be good. It happened once before. All doubts are valid, but have hope.

Currently set for release on July 3rd, alongside the film.

Rhino reveal trailer.

Jam Serloin gave the game a 7/10, which is good maybe. Go read the review, you prick.

Ser LegoindHUD made a blog where he might have been naked at the time but you can't tell and the words are about this game.
    Last edited by Tarvu; 07-04-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Shane

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    http://m.gamespot.com/newsDetails.rb...2&platform=100

Dem camera angles!

It's set after the movie, and made by the people who did Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time. All I want is the Web of Shadows combat system; that was the best thing to happen to the series since Spider-Man 2 opened up the world.

I like that it's back to an open NYC.
    I don't like that it's "GIANT ROBOTS ARE ATTACKING THE CITY!!"

Yeah that is kinda lame and not Spider-man 2 enough.

How about that part where Spider-man ripped out that reaper's eye?

There's nothing wrong with that premise; it reminds me of the AS-M comics I read in the early 90s.

What matters, game-wise, is how they bridge the gap between cinematic boss bot battles. That's why WoS combat mechanics are essential because they made every battle as fun as a boss.
    Last edited by Arttemis; 01-31-2012 at 09:08 AM.

i don't know guys, this looks pretty bad....

i'm sick of spider-man games where his main threat is robots. realistically these robots would tear him in half.

the last few games sucked hard, i want a classic spider-man game where's he's fighting his villains, you know, the ones that wear costumes

At least it's free roam, web swinging is so fun I almost always want to boot Spider-man 2 up when I think about it.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    At least it's free roam, web swinging is so fun I almost always want to boot Spider-man 2 up when I think about it.
    I feel the same.

Last Spider-Man game I enjoyed was Ultimate. Underrated little game, quite fun.

SM2 is recognized as the first game to do sandbox locomotion right. Ultimate SM gets a lot of praise too. I feel the most underrated title is WoS (if you couldn't tell by my constant mentioning of it). It has the most amazing ground-to-air-to-wall combat system in any open world game to date. The city (which was filed with other Marvel heroes) transforms into a viral wasteland throughout the story, and there are plenty of random world events at every stage; it's like GTA meets Prototype meets Peter Parker. Between Kingpin, Rhino, Wolverine, Black Cat, Venom, and SHIELD agents, this game is like five in one.

So, recipe for success: WoS's combat mechanics, sandbox activities, varied environments, and have a good voice cast (because the writing and spidey's choice actor were WoS's biggest faults).

I'd hope for it to get the film cast doing it, though I am not sure if that would be for the better.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Mix SM2 and Enter Electro and I'm good. If they don't produce a really good SM game this time around I doubt they ever will again.

Pwnd
    I'd like to see more reimaginings of classic villains. Spider-man 3 was kind of a shit game in some ways but I found its origin for the Scorpion especially clever.

Looked a lot more realistic than the comic version as well. That could almost happen in real life.

What I want it to be: An HD Spider-Man 2

What it will be: Another rushed game that Activision whipped the shit out of Beenox to complete on time for the film

Fuck people who want to make money.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    All I want is the Web of Shadows combat system; that was the best thing to happen to the series since Spider-Man 2 opened up the world.
    Web of Shadows was a pretty cool game, I enjoyed it and wasn't put of by anything in it. But it always seemed that it went under the radar.

Absolutely! The only complaint I kept hearing was Spidey's vice got on people's nerves, but the content in the game is massive compared to the following Spiderman games. The city changed so drastically during the game that it was essentially two different areas, the cameos were excellent missions, and you had so much available to do.

I'd love to see another open-world, sandbox Spiderman game as ambitious as WoS, and hope that it actually catches on this time.

[Level 8: Skynet]

I played and actually didn't mind Spider-Man: Edge of Time (the most recent one), but it wasn't the greatest game ever or anything. I appreciated it for taking a superhero game and pushing the cinematic side of things pretty far, even if the core story wasn't TOO well done. The concept for the plot was kinda interesting, but in the actual game it mostly boiled down to beating stuff up.

Here's the thing, though. Edge of Time came out in October. This game comes out July. So now they have less than a year to produce something?

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Web of Shadows was a pretty cool game, I enjoyed it and wasn't put of by anything in it. But it always seemed that it went under the radar.
    Very much this, I really dug Web of Shadows. Voice acting wasn't stellar but they nailed the web swinging and combat. Not sure why those guys aren't making this game.

Bringer of Truth
    I didn't play Shattered Dimensions but Edge of Time was decent, but it just fucked up too many things. The combat was fine, but it made the worst mistake of a Spider-Man game and had the entire thing take place in a building. INSIDE. There was never room to web swing more than one or two times across a room.

Also Spider-Man 2099 sucks.