Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: X-COM: Enemy Unknown

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Scion of the House of Blue Lions View Post
    I would almost suggest holding off on regular plasma rifles, I found the light variant to be better until you can equip the entire group with top tier weapons.
    Totally agreed.

No idea why, but Light Plasma is a way better choice than the regular Plasma Rifle. I also find it to be a better weapon than the Alloy Cannon for my Assault guys, too.

It does the same damage of the laser rifle (which is not to be scoffed at) with a higher chance to hit.
    The regular plasma rifle is fine and dandy, but it feels less accurate, apparently the trade-off for having more power.
    Plasma pistols are worthwhile too if you've got a sniper with Gunslinger, especially with the Foundry upgrades.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Scion of the House of Blue Lions View Post
    What research (lab or foundry) have you yet to do? What Officer Training perks have you purchased?
    In the Lab, all I have left right now is the Plasma Sniper and the Alloy Cannon. I think all that's left in the Foundry is the Laser and Plasma SHIVs and Advanced Flight (allows longer flight w/ the Archangel armor). I've bought all the Officer Training perks.

Well, you know then, you're pretty much set to stick it to the aliens. Just keep on going.

You don't have the plasma sniper or alloy cannon? Dafuck. Bro you get plasma sniper rifle the moment plasma sniper rifle is available for the getting, and alloy cannon soon afterwards. I can't tell if Stevil is being serious in their comment, but I really hope not. Light plasma rifles are for rookies who can't aim for shit, you do what you can to help them get some kills and exp. When you're fighting big boy aliens though, you'll be wanting big boy guns.

Alloy Cannon's hit rate is awful, especially so late in the game. It's one-hit-kill, but also a gamble when you get swarmed during the endgame.

I love the Plasma Sniper, though.

Only end game weapon I've had problems with is the standard plasma rifle, my soldiers can't hit shit with it. Alloy cannon almost never misses for me since my boys firing it are right in the aliens' faces.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    ^THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS^

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    You don't have the plasma sniper or alloy cannon? Dafuck. Bro you get plasma sniper rifle the moment plasma sniper rifle is available for the getting, and alloy cannon soon afterwards. I can't tell if Stevil is being serious in their comment, but I really hope not. Light plasma rifles are for rookies who can't aim for shit, you do what you can to help them get some kills and exp. When you're fighting big boy aliens though, you'll be wanting big boy guns.
    Plasma Sniper is death on wheels.

Alloy Cannon is the face eraser. If you're taking shots at distance, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    I was wrong. I played a little the other day and saw that I don't have the Plasma Pistol. I have the Sniper, and I love that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday Legend View Post
    Alloy Cannon is the face eraser. If you're taking shots at distance, you're doing it wrong.
    It's a glorified shotgun.

The thing is, my Assault guys are usually Psi guys by the time I get access to the weapon. So I've only ever seen it as a back-up weapon when they're needing to recharge their powers. Even then, it's accuracy up close is pretty suspect at times.

Doesn't mean I don't equip it, though. I'm usually packing all the advanced tech in the last quarter, annoying hit rates or not. You need the big HP drainers to stop the enemy getting their turn, but man, I must really have the worst kind of luck with the AC (unless I go Run & Gun).

Glorified for all the right reasons. Close-quarters, it's practically a blender to anything that you point it at.

Tell me that again when you come back from the ravages of Impossible mode.

I've seen things that would turn your love of certain weaponry on its head. I ain't going back there, man. I've got my achievement...I ain't going back. Lord, sweet Jesus.

That awkward moment when I'm about ready to kill an alien and I can't remember if I've live captured them yet or not...

Do it, anyway. It's an extra gun/alien grenade for your guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Do it, anyway. It's an extra gun/alien grenade for your guys.
    I never actually thought of it that way. The gun would be very useful. I already did the Foundry project that gives me infinite alien grenades.

Probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone know what the music in this video is? Sounds like it's a part of the ost, but I haven't found it on youtube.

It might be from multiplayer, but I'm not entirely sure.

I like it, but not enough to google-fu and sift through the entire soundtrack.

Youtube usually has someone who did the work for you, in an OST playlist.

Jesus Fucking Christ, how long does it fucking it take to get a goddamned psi-soldier strong enough to use the ethereal device?