Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PAX East 2012

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar

PAX East 2012

Considering the 3-day badges are already sold out, I figured it would be a good time to remind everyone that PAX East is coming and it's coming fast! This year's festivities will be held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center on April 6th through the 8th (AKA, Zombie Jesus' birthday)... oh shit that's in like three months!

Sound off if you're planning to attend! And click below to register if you haven't already!

Registration

Dtoid Google Group

power-glove's info blog

power-glove's front page post
    Last edited by Mr Andy Dixon; 02-20-2012 at 11:42 PM.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    PS - I'll update the main post as soon as the Google Group goes live.

I think with the 3-day passes out and the fact I'm still broke means I'll have to give it a miss this year. I'm pretty gutted as I really wanted to go again this year.

If anyone's interested, I had a look at the Seaport hotel where a lot of us were staying last year and it's sold out for the weekend.

Danl Cottontail
    Aw man, the Seaport was our place last year, right, Ali? Fuuuck.

Yeah, Jess and I have our passes and flights all set up and good to go. No room arrangements yet, though, so we'll have to start rounding folks up.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Got my pass, need to start talking rooms etc.

MAD (Mr. Andy Dixon) is it possible for Dtoid to contact another hotel in the area for a community block? Who could try and arrange that before people start booking shit???

Bringer of Truth
    Stuff for my media badge is being sent off today, so hopefully I'll have that confirmed soon.

Next Monday I'll find out my work schedule and find out if I need to take off time for it or not.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Well... I'll either try to get a badge from someone who drops out or I'll take the train in for the nighttime parties and crash a floor.

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Got my pass, need to start talking rooms etc.

MAD (Mr. Andy Dixon) is it possible for Dtoid to contact another hotel in the area for a community block? Who could try and arrange that before people start booking shit???
    Solid idea, not sure if that's been tried before. I'll talk to power-glove about that, since east coast shit is kinda his baby and he probably has way more contacts than me.

PS - Your MAGFest video was great. I managed to fap six times during that glorious 23 minutes, you fuckable stud you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    Solid idea, not sure if that's been tried before. I'll talk to power-glove about that, since east coast shit is kinda his baby and he probably has way more contacts than me.

PS - Your MAGFest video was great. I managed to fap six times during that glorious 23 minutes, you fuckable stud you.
    Hah thanks... I felt pretty good for drinking 4 days straight and having a very swollen nose / sinus blerg. I might Cblog eventually about it and include the vid. Meh Cblogs.

Frodo Bangins
    I have my pass. I've gotta figure out stuff regarding hotel but thats down the line.

Well hotel wise this seems to be the closest: http://regencyboston.hyatt.com/hyatt...0-00001bb208fa

At least listed from the PAX site... it's 1.6 miles so it's walkable if the shuttles back are retarded.

Looks like someone can create a group name & login with the hotel and then we can book into that group: https://onpeak.compassreservations.c...5B3A779-C295-5

What say you? I think we should get a Dtoid hotel rolling sooner rather than later. Just my 2 cents.

Bringer of Truth
    Agreed.

I should have a place already with the other writers from my site, but might be down for rooming with some dtoiders instead if we get a group going.

Also Conor or Cleveland ohio Area Dtoid bros are ya'll flying? I plan to, thinking a group booking would be cheaper. Let me know if you wanna throw in on something.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Does anyone know if the press pass applications have been processed and answered yet?

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Also Conor or Cleveland ohio Area Dtoid bros are ya'll flying? I plan to, thinking a group booking would be cheaper. Let me know if you wanna throw in on something.
    Don't know. Have my 3 day pass though.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Well if I were to go to PAX I would only be able to attend for one day anyways. I'd really love to go, probably for just Saturday. I'd need to look into how to get there. I'm too close/cheap poor to fly. And will not be in possession of a car to drive there.

I need to get out of my bubble.

YOUR SHIT IS OVER, FAKE MUSHROOM!
    Not sure I'll be going to the con but I live in the area so I'll definitely hang out!

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Half left View Post
    Does anyone know if the press pass applications have been processed and answered yet?
    We haven't heard back regarding ours yet. I suppose it would depend on when they got sent in and if there are any issues holding them up.

Well I didn't want to drive after a fresh road trip but flights are up around 350 atm... 250 is my limit so i'm probably driving.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Stuff for my media badge is being sent off today, so hopefully I'll have that confirmed soon.

Next Monday I'll find out my work schedule and find out if I need to take off time for it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Agreed.

I should have a place already with the other writers from my site, but might be down for rooming with some dtoiders instead if we get a group going.
    Pretty much this. Waiting on Badge confirmation and our site's hotel room, cause if I dont have to pay for that shit, Im not gonna

That said, I am almost certainly going!