Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Resident Evil Thread

[Level 7: Sentinel]

The Official Resident Evil Thread

Hello Stranguh. What are you buying? What are you selling?

There appears to be a lack of Resident Evil discussion, and me being the horror survival whore that I am decided to start a thread for all you horror survival/ Resident Evil fans out there! This thread can discuss anything and everything Resident Evil, but feel free to include other horror survival games in the mix. I personally am a huge Silent Hill Fan.

Some good questions to answer pertaining to Resident Evil would be as follows:

Favorite game? Why?

Favorite Character? Why?

What do you think of each Resident Evil Game? Why?

What is your least favorite Resident Evil game? Why?

Wesker sexy or no?

What do you hope to see from the series?

Anyone excited for RE: Operation Raccoon City and Mercenaries?

Let's get this Resident Evil party rolling :3

God damn, you've been here five minutes and you're already doing awesome things

My favourite was probably RE2, because of the whole zombie-infested city thing, and it scared the living bejesus out of me as a kid; favourite character probably Claire or Jill, I loved RE2 and 3 and they were both strong female leads.

Not really that excited for Operation Raccoon City, looks a bit meh to me. What's Mercenaries? Like the RE minigame?

THE MR.E BIRD
    I think a lot of series like RE should be reduced to a single thread, like the Mass Affection one, and as such I welcome this thread even without ever playing a Resident Evil game. I have RE4 on the shelf but no PS2!

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    God damn, you've been here five minutes and you're already doing awesome things

My favourite was probably RE2, because of the whole zombie-infested city thing, and it scared the living bejesus out of me as a kid, favourite character probably Claire or Jill, I loved RE2 and 3 and they were both strong female leads.

Not really that excited for Operation Raccoon City, looks a bit meh to me. What's Mercenaries? Like the RE minigame?
    I don't have a Nintendo 3DS, but I know they are releasing a RE game for it. That being said I could be wrong on the title of the game? I agree RE2 and RE4 have to be my two favorite of Resident Evil. I wasn't a huge fan of five at all. I want to get Operation Raccoon City for the multiplayer.

I didn't mind 5, it was enjoyable enough, it was more what it represented for the series as a whole - the move away from intentionally trying to scare the player, that I didn't like. Most of the recent RE games seem to be more about being flashy and exciting rather than attempting to create atmosphere and scare the player.

I'm not saying ORC is going to be bad as such, but at the same time it does seem like they're trying to impress the player more than scare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    I didn't mind 5, it was enjoyable enough, it was more what it represented for the series as a whole - the move away from intentionally trying to scare the player, that I didn't like. Most of the recent RE games seem to be more about being flashy and exciting rather than attempting to create atmosphere and scare the player.

I'm not saying ORC is going to be bad as such, but at the same time it does seem like they're trying to impress the player more than scare them.
    I agree..... That's not the point of horror survival too. I'll let you know what I think of Raccoon City, because knowing me and my lust for Resident Evil I will probably cave.

Tarvu I agree each game could get more in depth discussion if we made individual threads. Of course I don't want to be that annoying guy who makes five billion Resident Evil threads at once. We can slowly move to that :P

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Favorite game? Why?

The original. Still the best. When the Hunter first appeared, that was probably the point in the game where I found it tough to play. That was before I ever saw the Chimeras.

Favorite Character? Why?

Carlos Oliveira. It's a shame they never did much with him, but he was the perfect foil for Jill in RE3 and there was some interesting stuff going on with his team. It was all very Aliens. Closely followed by Ark Thompson from Survivor. Solely for the HERP DERP delivery of "I'M ARK THOMPSON!"

What do you think of each Resident Evil Game? Why?

I love the original trilogy. Code Veronica ruined the rest, though. It was all downhill once the series started to play up to its comic book inspirations. I'm not exactly proud to admit that I own Outbreak, either. That said, Resident Evil's remake was a textbook case of how you drag a series kicking and screaming into the new generation. The fact it pretty much went out of its way to stamp out the memes of now and make it terrifying again was commendable on Capcom's part.

What is your least favorite Resident Evil game? Why?

Code Veronica. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHER! Gee, thanks for wasting all the ammo on one zombie dad, Steve.

Wesker sexy or no?

No. He reminds me of my old mate, who is also blonde, wears shades and has a natty leather jacket.

What do you hope to see from the series?

A return to form. RE4 was a game the series needed to survive. A necessary evil, really. I wish they could cut back on the action after RE5.

Anyone excited for RE: Operation Raccoon City and Mercenaries?

God, no.

Pwnd
    Damn, you put Code Veronica lower than 5?

I quite liked Veronica. I adored its eccentricities.

1 is still the best.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ProlificDream View Post
    Tarvu I agree each game could get more in depth discussion if we made individual threads.
    But that's the opposite of what I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Haha obviously I goofed. Then I am all for this thread to see what ensues.

P.S I LOVED CODE VERONICA!

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    It's now what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Damn, you put Code Veronica lower than 5?
    We knew what to expect from RE5 after RE4 went batshit insane.

Code Veronica was just nasty and hasn't aged well. Everything, from the needless backtracking, the camera angle-abusing enemies (Bandersnatch's arm attack says 'hello!'), the stiff tank controls of the characters, the story, STEVE "HOUSE OF THE DEAD" BURNSIDE, and the complete damp squib of the Wesker vs Chris smackdown was just an annoying letdown from start to finish.

Hated it. I even prefer Outbreak over Code Veronica...and nobody should ever think like that.

[Level 5: Mech]
    My favorite was actually RE2. Although, I actually did enjoy RE: Gun Survivor, which no one seems to have played.

Favorite character is Jill.

OP, what do you think of Fatal Frame? I've talked about it before, still the scariest game series as a whole out there!

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    We knew what to expect from RE5 after RE4 went batshit insane.

Code Veronica was just nasty and hasn't aged well. Everything, from the needless backtracking, the camera angle-abusing enemies (Bandersnatch's arm attack says 'hello!'), the stiff tank controls of the characters, the story, STEVE "HOUSE OF THE DEAD" BURNSIDE, and the complete damp squib of the Wesker vs Chris smackdown was just an annoying letdown from start to finish.

Hated it. I even prefer Outbreak over Code Veronica...and nobody should ever think like that.
    Yeah, but worst? Even over 4 or 5?

I just think crossdressing megalomaniacs are cool though. It's why I like J. Edgar Hoover and Rudy Giuliani.

Quote Originally Posted by dare View Post
    My favorite was actually RE2. Although, I actually did enjoy RE: Gun Survivor, which no one seems to have played.
    The original Survivor or that horrible "dream sequence" one with Claire?

The original was actually a fun title, with a neat twist. Could have done with more ideas to flesh it out, but I really enjoyed that one.

Anyone play Limbo?

Pwnd
    Not without dinner first.

Big Blue Dungeon Master
    Resident Evil 5 was kinda boring.

REmake is probably my favourite.

Also Also Dead space is better than RE4 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Scroll View Post

I have yet to play Dead Space. Resident Evil 5 was just an all around disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroll View Post

The REmake was pretty good, like Stevil said it's exactly how to bring an oldie right upto date.

I dunno if Dead Space is better than 4, 5 I'll grant you, I dunno, maybe I just don't look at sci-fi horror in the same way as I do general horror.