Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Diablo III

I tried searching, but I can't seem to find a thread that already exists for Diablo 3. That's really really surprising. But anyway, as you all know by now, we got the opening cinematic revealed at the VGAs last night:

http://www.destructoid.com/diablo-ii...l-217663.phtml

But afterwards there was commercial that said you could go to vgarevealed.spike.com to see more footage of Diablo 3. Umm.... where the hell is this extra footage?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Huge wave of beta keys is being released this weekend to hundreds of thousands of people who opted for invites in their bnet profiles.

Been playing for a couple months, and I could write pages of analysis, praise, and criticism on every subject. Feel free to ask me anything. It is definitely going to be a badass game, despite any of its flaws, and the beta convinced me to get the collector's edition.

THE MR.E BIRD
    There are like five Diablo III threads.

I did a search and this was the only one I found in Official Game Threads. I'm on my phone, so I might have fudged up.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    I did a search and this was the only one I found in Official Game Threads. I'm on my phone, so I might have fudged up.
    Nah, it's fair enough that you posted in here. I was just commenting on the curious plurality.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    I totally want a beta key but I have the special edition and regular edition pre-ordered.

Why two you might ask? My fiance loves (loved) Diablo 2 so she will be hitting 3 hard with me, which is awesome sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    I totally want a beta key but I have the special edition and regular edition pre-ordered.

Why two you might ask? My fiance loves (loved) Diablo 2 so she will be hitting 3 hard with me, which is awesome sauce.
    Oh snap, I'm doing the same (CE and Regular) because my wife wants to play with me too! Did you get the digital download version so it can be played at midnight?

Oh snap, I'm doing the same (CE and Regular) because my wife wants to play with me too! Did you get the digital download version so it can be played at midnight?
    Lol awesome!

Naw I just pre-ordered from EB games as I did not take any time off for the game.

Figured I'd link all the cool Diablo 3 class trailers, since they're pretty awesome - Barbarian's trailer seemed to get a level of badass destruction that the Monk and Demon Hunters didn't. Harumph!

Demon Hunter

Barbarian

Monk

After playing the beta for months, I'm really torn between Wizard, Barbarian, and Demon Hunter. My close friend is definitely making a Monk, which actually is cooler to see in action than his video lets on.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Barbarian all the way for me. (Same as D2.)

Just preordered this a few days ago. Now if I could only get the stupid Blizzard installer to work (it sits at 0% for ever and ever and ever...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    Now if I could only get the stupid Blizzard installer to work (it sits at 0% for ever and ever and ever...)
    When I was downloading the Beta client, I had that same issue. I let it sit for a while and eventually closed it. The next time I turned it on, it was already DL'd and installed. I wonder if it's just a glitch with the progress in the client?

J-Ro
    If that keeps happening, log into the Blizz website and redownload the D3 installer. That should fix it.

I'm liking the Demon hunter or Monk right now. The Monk's aura buffs sound great and a buddy told me he has a passive perk that takes his highest resistance and ups ALL other resistances to match.

That would be SICK for the Nightmare runs or whatever they call em these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    I'm liking the Demon hunter or Monk right now. The Monk's aura buffs sound great and a buddy told me he has a passive perk that takes his highest resistance and ups ALL other resistances to match.

That would be SICK for the Nightmare runs or whatever they call em these days.
    Yeah, they do have that passive ability. I also heard that Monk's special moves do Holy damage, which will supposedly be most effective in Inferno mode. It looks like Monks are the lowest DPS in lower difficulties, but provide tons of support in forms of crowd control, heals, and buffs/debuffs, and then you get the Inferno mode and they might be essential to the party.

Keeper of the Reals
    Barbarians. That's my crew.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    When I was downloading the Beta client, I had that same issue. I let it sit for a while and eventually closed it. The next time I turned it on, it was already DL'd and installed. I wonder if it's just a glitch with the progress in the client?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerox View Post
    If that keeps happening, log into the Blizz website and redownload the D3 installer. That should fix it.
    Thanks, guys. I'll give it another go when I boot up my PC next.

For those interested they are having an open beta weekend starting today.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963...4_19_2012#blog

Keeper of the Reals
    oh god no please holy shit I have homework

Keeper of the Reals
    Yeah, I can't even install it.